SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 7

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Greg,
seeing your last quote from Hudson Taylor reminded me of another one by him that has really blessed and challenged me as I have been seeking God for something more in the christian life.

"It may be that while we are complaining of the hardness of the hearts of those we are seeking to benefit, the hardness of our own hearts and our own feeble apprehension of the solemn reality of eternal things may be the true cause of our want of success."
J. Hudson Taylor

2007/5/24 14:48Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?-- Corrie Ten Boom

2007/5/24 14:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We have the truth and we need not be afraid to say so."
-J.C. Ryle

2007/5/24 19:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“More than 2 billion people who do not know Jesus head toward hell to perish for eternity, while the church laughs its way to hysteria, claiming this is the sign of the last days’ outpouring of the Holy Spirit…My brothers and sisters this is not Christianity”.
-K.P. Yohannan

2007/5/27 23:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"If you look down into a well, if it be empty it will appear to be very deep, but if there be water in it you will see its brightness. I believe that many 'deep' preachers are simply so because they are like dry wells with nothing whatever in them, except decaying leaves, a few stones, and perhaps a dead cat or two. If there be living water in your preaching it may be very deep, but the light of truth will give clearness to it."
-C.H. Spurgeon

2007/5/28 15:22Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Great Quotes 7

It God gave you a thousand dollars every time you shared your faith in Jesus Christ, would you share your faith? Let's be honest: many of us would quit our day jobs and become full-time evangelists! Every one of us, including me, ought to repent of the fact that we would share Jesus for a measly dollar bill, instead of sharing Him because of the unconditional love that He has for each one
of us. Would you be more zealous for money than for God?
Would you deal with your laziness problem for the love of money when you won't deal with it for the love of God?
We can't serve both God and mammon. We can never repay Jesus for what He did for us on the cross, but what a fantastic thank-you we can give Him each time we step out and share our faith in Him with the lost!
-Mark Cahill

2007/5/29 17:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"There are two sorts of prayers- those expressed in words, and the unuttered longings which abide as silent meditations. Words are not the essence but the garments of prayer... There may be prevailing intercession where there are no words; and alas! there may be words where there is no true supplication. Let us cultivate the spirit of prayer, which is even better than the habit of prayer."
-C.H. Spurgeon

2007/5/31 18:43Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"If God hides our sin or lessens it, He is faulty; if He leaves it still upon us, we die. He must then take our iniquity to Himself, make it His own, and so deliver us; for thus having taken the sin upon Himself, as lawfully He may and lovingly He does, it follows that we live if He lives; and who can desire more?"
-John Bunyan

2007/6/1 0:01Profile
Tears_of_joy

The 'flesh' is too bad to be cleansed;
it must be crucified.
-Watchman Nee [i](The Normal Christian Life)[/i]

2007/6/6 10:28Profile
Tears_of_joy

A church with apostolic foundations is that body of people whose central impulse and principle of life, being and service is [b]one thing only,[/b] namely, a radical and total jealousy for the glory of God.
-Art Katz ([i]Apostolic Foundations[/i])

2007/6/17 18:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy