SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dead to Sin by Kerry Stevenson Part I.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kerrylou

Australia

Dead to Sin by Kerry Stevenson Part I.

Boldly we declare, "It is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives in me", then fail to appropriate the victory that Christ lives. In order to discover this victory we must remind ourselves of the life Christ gives and lives through us.

It is inappropriate to say, "Christ lives in me", and, then to live in sin. Since you declare that the life you are living out is being lived out by Jesus CHrist, you are implying that Christ sins. Sounds foolish, doesn't it?

Since we know that, in Him there is no sin and, that he has never sinned we make liars of ourselves for, to live in sin is to live without Christ's power.

Romans chapter six strongly echoes these thoughts that the Christian ought to live a sinless life where we read that those who have died with Christ have died to sin. Christians are not just forgiven sinners, they are delivered from sin. This was God's intention from the very beginning for the angel said to Joseph, "He will save his people from their sins." If I am still sinning, how am saved from it? It still leads me about by the nose.

But, thanks be to God our victory is great through Jesus Christ. We CAN reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive to God. We DO have this treasure in earthen vessels. Ours becomes the desire to experience this victory: to find ourselves absolutely free from sin, and it is possible.

LET NOT SIN (a song by Kerry Stevenson 1995)

Let not sin reign in your body
That you should obey the lusts of it.
For the wages of sin is death
But the gift of God is eternal life
Through Jesus CHrist our Lord.
(repeat)

Gift of God is eternal life,
The gift of God is Eternal life, So...