SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bibilical basis, please, for....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
blinx

Oeiras, Portugal

Re:

Hey jordan:

I don't know if this helps but here it is:

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these,
saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his
saints

My point: the book of Enoch is not in the Bible.

2007/3/14 9:12Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
So I do not agree with the person that is quoted.

In Christ
Jeff

Jeff,

Okay so you didn't agree with Chambers' quote, but what about the second one? Where in the Old Testament is there a statement that says, "In Him we live and move and have our being"? And yet, is this not a key statement toward understanding the things of God?

Note also that Chambers wasn't referring to the reading of spiritual books, but of those of a more scientific nature. Yohannan's comments neither add nor remove from Chambers' comment, because before he realised that it was all vanity, he read the books. After he realised that it was all vanity, he quotes the books. Regarding vanity, the teacher clearly states in Ecclesiastes that "all is vanity".

Also consider that few in the last century did more to restore the church to New Testament truth, like Oswald Chambers, and all that in a relatively short lifespan. I have personally found this tidbit of insight, from some advice offered to a fellow labourer, to be invaluable. Note that the point is the the one described "isolates the one Book to its proper grandeur".

2007/3/14 9:43Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, does your friend go to church and listen to sermons downloads? What is the difference if I listen to a preacher, or I open up his book and read the things he wants to expound on? This question was brought up to me recently.
I know that nothing but God and his Word is not perfect, but there is wisdom in the multitude of counselors. Back in Timothy and Pauls day, Pauls letters were not considered scripture, but Timothy and all the churches still read them.

That is my take also. I see no difference in listening to a sermon by a man of God and reading a book by him.

Quote:
It would seem that not only did the Apostle Paul read the KJV, but he also heeded the advice of "the OC".

8-)

2007/3/14 11:48Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
. Back in Timothy and Pauls day, Pauls letters were not considered scripture, but Timothy and all the churches still read them.

Actually... they were. :-) Could you imagine writing a letter and someone beleiving it is scripture? No wonder he had a "thorn in his flesh." It would be very hard to fight off pride because of the way people would treat you.

2Pe 3:15 And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, [b]as [they do] also the other scriptures[/b], unto their own destruction.

Peter grouped Paul's writings with the "other scriptures."

2007/3/14 11:51Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Also consider that few in the last century did more to restore the church to New Testament truth, like Oswald Chambers, and all that in a relatively short lifespan. I have personally found this tidbit of insight, from some advice offered to a fellow labourer, to be invaluable. Note that the point is the the one described "isolates the one Book to its proper grandeur".

Brother, it is not my desire to contend with the ways of God and how He pricks men's minds to seek Him. God uses many, many ways that we will never realize until we see Him perfectly in the resurrection.

My point is I have found "the one Book" and its "grandeur" to grow and ever increase. And as I experience this precept...all other books decrease. So my desire is to passionately exhort all to find the treasure for themselves. The living word is the fountain of life. As one continues to drink from this fountain, his thirst subsides for the things that always leave one thirsting. Man can only sow and water, it is God that gives the increase.

The sermons of men may be used by God to exhort and redirect one back to God. The books of men do the same. This is the work of John the Baptist, to make straight the way....but the Holy Scriptures attack the heart in a way that men cannot.

Again please forgive me for comming off so strong...

Love and God Bless you Aaron

In Christ
jeff

2007/3/14 23:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

It should be noted that brother K.P has written more books than many of us have read :)

2007/3/14 23:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Jim wrote;

Quote:
It should be noted that brother K.P has written more books than many of us have read :)

I have read Road to Reality...have you?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/3/15 0:40Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Again please forgive me for coming off so strong...

Love and God Bless you Aaron

No apologies necessary. I just thought it ironic that one who obviously reads many a source (with your "Days are evil" threads and all) would potentially deny another the same benefit, that's all.

Peace

2007/3/15 10:03Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I have read Road to Reality...have you?

Yes! A very great book. I have also read Revolution In World Missions, and other smaller (50 page) books he has written. I think I have about 15 books by him altogether.

2007/3/15 11:42Profile
maizie

Re: rookie's point

I have to say that Rookie has pointed out what I have heard the Holy Spirit speak about. God's word is quoted by some but too often men are quoted as though it was equal to the word of God. Apparently it has been grieving the Holy Spirit.

2007/3/15 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy