SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : They did not love their lives

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
John173

Omaha

They did not love their lives

[color=000033]Revelation 12:10-12 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.[/color] [color=660000]11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.[/color] [color=000033] 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."[/color]

I've been thinking a lot lately about the prophetic warning of David Wilkerson in his message titled "The Dreadful Day No One Wants To Talk About", and the discussion in Greg's thread about the rapture being a false hope. To clarify briefly, Greg was not saying that the rapture won't occur, only that our hope of avoiding tribulation is misguided. I am of the personal conviction that the Philadelphian church will be 'caught away' prior to the [i]Great Tribulation[/i]. This does not mean that I disagree with Greg or brother Wilkerson in that I do believe persecution and tribulation are coming in the near future.

As I considered this high probability I was reminded of the above verse. As I began to meditate on this I realized that I fall far short of this. I try to imagine someone threatening my life over my faith and I came to realize that I am a fat cat living high on the hog in my comfy little American paradise. Admitting this to myself was much harder than openly confessing it to all here.

God has been doing a tremendous amount of work on my faith as of late. I know and am fully convinced that He has allowed me to see this in order to confront it now rather than at a time that may be too late.

[color=000033]1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.[/color]

This love of the life I possess in this world is sin. The truth I have only recently begun to grasp is that when we confess our sin before God, He not only washes the stain it incurred but is literally able to wash away the root of the unrighteousness that created it. As I continue to face this fear in prayer I know that by the outworking of His grace I too will be able to overcome; [color=660000]by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony, and by not loving my life (even) unto death.[/color]

I am writing this to you all that each of us may have the chance to examine our faith before the Lord. I am no more our less capable of sin than anyone else. Each of us must individually come to that place in our walk where we cry out our God in horror, 'I am the chief of sinners.'

It is my sincere hope that this will be received in the spirit given. This is no word of condemnation, for I am confessing my own culpability in this. Rather, it is my prayer that none of us should be caught unaware.

Giving thanks to Him in all things,

Doug

2007/3/11 21:15Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: They did not love their lives

Hi brother Doug,

Quote:
As I considered this high probability I was reminded of the above verse. As I began to meditate on this I realized that I fall far short of this. I try to imagine someone threatening my life over my faith and I came to realize that I am a fat cat living high on the hog in my comfy little American paradise.

This night a verse from Acts 14 came to my mind:

[color=000066]Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. [/color]

Quote:
As I continue to face this fear in prayer I know that by the outworking of His grace I too will be able to overcome; by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony, and by not loving my life (even) unto death.

Amen! This verse is very dear to my heart.

[color=000066]And they overcame him [b]by the blood of the Lamb[/b][/color]

Thanks for sharing.
Kire

2007/3/11 21:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy