SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : ANNOUNCE: Live Webcasting Feature

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 ANNOUNCE: Live Webcasting Feature

[b]Live Webcasting Feature[/b]
I am pleased to announce that there is a new live webcasting feature now available on SermonIndex. I am working on the setup still. Read the following diagram for information on when a feed is live. The Webcasting feature is available on the upper right hand side of the frontpage.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/broadcasting.gif[/img]

It is hoped that there will be live services avaiable from speakers that fit in with the vision and desire for genuine revival. The first beta broadcast will God-willing be of Andrew Strom who is a Revivalist that has come from New Zealand to preach Repentance and Revival in Kansas City, USA and abroad. Times and dates of the next tentative broadcast will be posted just below the broadcast icon on the front page. If you have questions or comments please let me know. I am very excited on the possiblities of peoples lives being impacted by the gospel of Jesus Christ :-D

NOTE: this broadcast will require the RealONE free software from www.realone.com

2004/3/16 17:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: ANNOUNCE: Live Webcasting Feature

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/webcast_module.gif[/img]
[b]Live Webcast Module v1[/b]
I am pleased to announce that the first version of the webcast module has been completed! Praise be to God. If you have any comments or suggestions I would love to hear them. Please ensure you have RealONE software available at www.realone.com for free.

It amazes me that the Word of the Lord can travel across the entire world now instantly! These are strange and yet excited times we are living in, please commit to praying for this ministry and especially this new facet of webcasting that God would be glorified and exalted with the usuage of this technology. Please check who is the featured speaker and the times and make it a point to listen to the webcast.

2004/3/18 0:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

What does everyone think about this new Live Webcasting feature? Does anyone have comments or questions? I can explain or clarify anything. :-D

2004/3/21 20:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Ummm, can we see anything yet? :-D

Actually, is there a demo or something?

It looks like an incredible opportunity to actualy see "live" preaching...I can't wait.

Will you be able to archive the message for later viewing? For downloads?

Are you sure you wanted to ask this question while I am online? :-D

2004/3/21 20:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Are you sure you wanted to ask this question while I am online?

doh.. opps! :-P

The way it works now is that you can click on the webcast button whether its in the 'off' or 'on' status. When you click on the button a popup box will appear with the embedded RealONE player and information in the right hand pane. There is really no demo for it will only work when someone is live preaching, I could do a demo with you but im not sure im feeling led to preach yet :-P . The broadcast will be archived and then transferred to the site for downloads after. I am hoping to get video for the Live Webcasts soon, but I think that the first few will be audio only. I am very excited also Mike to be able to offer [b]live[/b] preaching on the site! I am hoping that there will a good audience of regulars that will utilize this resource then I could pray about getting more renown guest speakers? katz, wilkerson? well maybe thats wishful thinking but hey God makes anything possible. If anyone is able to get a renown God-lead speaker to be instrested in preaching live to 100's on this site please let me know: [email protected]

2004/3/21 20:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I could do a demo with you but im not sure im feeling led to preach yet

How about your cats? :-P
Not to preach...then again, they probably have been exposed to enough... :-D

What about on the other end, what does it take to get the audio/video setup? Is it involved?

2004/3/21 20:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
What about on the other end, what does it take to get the audio/video setup? Is it involved?

Its quite simple to broadcast from the side of the presenter. It just requires and audio microphone and webcam. Usually in a church setting the soundboard would plug into the computer thats broadcasting the live feed. A simple webcam will get good quality video out on the webcast. It requires software also, RealONE Encoder to be installed on the computer you are broadcasting from and the settings in the software are quite easy to set.

2004/3/21 20:37Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thanks Greg,

Looking forward to this!

2004/3/21 20:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

After much trial and error I have decided to phase out the Live Webcasting feature and impliment a similar feature that will work much more efficiently and provide a meaningful service to the viewers of SermonIndex. The new feature is called "SermonIndex Live Seminars" and you can access it on the top right of the homepage. The idea behind this feature is that there will be presenters (pastors, teachers) giving LIVE sessions using an webconferncing tool. This will allow for user feedback and participation in Live Chat during these sessions.

There will be an variety of speakers presenting on a various selction of topics, ie: revival, prayer, repentance, bible exegesis, or even a more general subject such as Internet Addiction, etc. You will be able to register as a user beforehand to these events and all registeration is free. My prayer and hopes are that higher profile speakers across the country and world will be able to host seminars on SermonIndex.

For more information click on the link in the Main Menu or on the top right of the homepage. Feel free to reply to this message and ask any questions you wish to at all. I am excited in all the ways the Lord can use this Live meeting tool to build up the saints of God.

2004/5/1 20:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy