The Rapture - A False Hope

Saints,

I encourage you to watch this video:
http://xianz.com/watch/view_video.php?viewkey=a9e42e4511de6f678aa8

I encourage you to read also these 2 articles I wrote:

[b]TRIBULATION COMING TO AMERICA? by Greg Gordon[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14227&forum=16

[b]THE CHURCH THAT WOULD NOT SUFFER! by Greg Gordon[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13855&forum=16&6

I believe with all my heart that we are going to enter into times of persecution world-wide for [b]all christians[/b], we will not escape this with the rapture. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture it will none the less feel as though we are going to the tribulation before the rapture happens. God help us with our false security, I see it so strongly in these videos and books that are being produced to a "western" church that does not want to suffer.

As Christians we will NOT suffer the wrath of God, but we WILL suffer the wrath of man to its fullest:

"then shall thy deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of ALL NATIONS FOR MY NAME'S SAKE." -Matthew 24:9

"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you." -1 John 3:13

2007/3/10 2:48Profile

Re: The Rapture - A False Hope

I agree with Greg in the fact that things are going to get worse, before they get better. The following is interesting information about the "teaching" of the rapture in the early Church.

When I pick up the Bible, and look at 1 Thes 4:13-18; 1 Cor 15:50-58; John 14:2-3; Col 3:4; 2 Thes 2:1; 1 John 3:2 1 Cor 1:7; & 13:12 I can personally see the teaching of the rapture.

However, the early Church at Thesalonica thought that they had missed the rapture because of all of the Tribulation (not the Great Tribulation, but they thought they were in the great tribulation) because of all that they were going through
[1 Thes 4:13].

We can all see what is taking place around the world and at home in the U.S.- what is evil in God's eyes is now good in fallen man's eyes. More so than at any other time that I have been alive on this earth.

Facts about the Church and teaching of the Rapture

For the first 1,500 years people didn’t read the Bible- it was printed in Latin and was prohibited from the people and could only be read by Monks. Until the reformation, and the works of Erasmus and Luther, and others, most people never knew what a Bible even looked like.

However, the rapture was taught by the early Church:

Imminence (the imminent return of Jesus Christ at any moment) was taught from AD 80-250)

Shepherd of Hermes taught about the “escape” of the Tribulation in the 2nd Century

Brother Dolicino taught pre-Trib in 1304 AD

Thomas Collier-describes it and refutes it in 1674

John Asgill—any moment Translation (Rapture)- 1700

Morgan Edwards (1744) Brown University- paper on the Pre-Tribulation rapture

Francis Gumerlock- 3 file drawers of matter taught in the middle ages about the rapture

The purpose of the rapture is to end the Church age- John 14:1-3; 1 Thes 4:13-18; Daniel 12:1-2

God bless,

Stever

2007/3/10 4:21
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Saints,

I believe with all my heart that we are going to enter into times of persecution world-wide for [b]all christians[/b], we will not escape this with the rapture. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture it will none the less feel as though we are going to the tribulation before the rapture happens. God help us with our false security, I see it so strongly in these videos and books that are being produced to a "western" church that does not want to suffer.

I strongly believe this statement.
I also believe that God wants His church to use the time He is so graciously giving His Church now, to prepare for those days that lie ahead. However, preparation is to be done in the Spirit and by the Spirit, not in the flesh.
I think Cyrus Schofield's opinion would probably differ than mine though in this area.
What's wrong with suffering though? As far as I can remember, it has always brought me much closer to God by teaching me not to rely on my own strength and understanding. Praise God :-D

An undeserving brother,

Richie

2007/3/10 4:34Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Heb 5:7 "Who in the days of his flesh,when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;"

Heb 5:8 "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;"

Matthew Henry: "We should learn by all our afflictions a humble obedience to the will of God."

2007/3/10 4:47Profile
Tears_of_joy

"Today's church wants to be raptured from responsibility."
-L.Ravenhill

2007/3/10 5:01Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

I, like, totally agree!

Still, I'll take any hope of Rapture I can get, particularly when I'm sitting in a jail cell for talking about Roman's 1:19.

And I'm already on record for it.

Ah, well, I'll miss my stuff, my house, my garden, whatever dogs I have then, but so long as I have books, and my memory I'm fine. If they give me a bible too, just missing Romans 1:19, well I remember what it says! If I get nothing but my memory, my long term one is just fine! And The Holy Spirit gives me great songs too.

And dying - well, maybe not in America, not before the Anti-Christ, at least as a rule, but if so, I'm ready. And I'll get a crown out of it, and a close place to Jesus.

And that would be well worth it!

Blessings,

2007/3/10 5:19Profile
SDE

Arizona

I agree with you, Greg. I have been encouraging my Christian friends to hide the Word of God in their hearts (i.e., memorize Scripture). Anti-Christ forces may be able to take our bibles away, but they cannot take what we have hidden in our hearts.

2007/3/10 16:38Profile

Re:

I recently heard someone say they believe in a pre-tribulational rapture but they also believe in pre-rapture tribulation (not the Great Tribulation). I tend to agree with them.

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:4-5

The night is coming...

2007/3/10 17:02
lovegrace

Re:

Stever. "Rapture- A false hope" means something.

Lol. Sounds like Greg is a post-trib supporter.

Now, about your 'facts' where did the 'shepard of hermes' say this. Thats the ONLY one that taught pre-trib from your 'facts'.

Now about this belief that the 'church of Thesalonica' felt they 'missed' the rapture. Where is your evidence to support this? I've never heard that said before.

If your gonna state some pretty strong statements, I hope you can back them up with citations. Don't ask me to do the research because YOU said that.

And I can't find the infomation.

Chao.

P.S. After further look, it seems that the 'shepard of hermes' is an deutercanon book. Or 'false book'. So, that's not really a strong citation. Unless, I looked incorrectly. :-D

In Addition, to quote from a site "At the same time, second and third century writers of lists of canonical works sometimes included disputed writings that were eventually rejected like the apocalyptic work The Shepherd of Hermes." [url=http://oldweb.uwp.edu/academic/english/canary/canon.html]Citation[/url]

2007/3/10 17:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
Roniya wrote:
The night is coming...

I remember someone speaking on Isaiah 21:11-12
[i][color=000099]11 The burden against Dumah.He calls to me out of Seir,
“Watchman, what of the night?
Watchman, what of the night?”
12 The watchman said,
[b]“The morning comes, and also the night.[/b]
If you will inquire, inquire;
Return! Come back!”
[/color][/i]

They remindied us that the Jewish day [i]starts[/i] with the evening!

But the Day is coming too!

Jeannette

2007/3/10 17:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy