SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greek to me?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hijode1dios

Waco, GA

Greek to me?

Praise the Lord,
I would like to read posts and talk about learning New Testament Greek. I am studying self-directed and need a consort.

2004/3/16 13:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Greek to me?

Quote:
I would like to read posts and talk about learning New Testament Greek. I am studying self-directed and need a consort.

Hi hijode1dios, welcome to SermonIndex I am so glad that you found this site. I have myself wanted to self-teach myself greek but had a hard time without someone to bounce ideas and helps off of. btw just so you know if you want to reply to a message instead of making a new thread you can find the last message you want to reply to and click on the 'reply' button.

I think it would be great to pursue discussions about learning greek. The most applicable forum section to do this is: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=38&161 Word Studies and Helps - I will look forward to maybe getting my feet wet in these discussions :-P

2004/3/16 13:40Profile
hijode1dios

Waco, GA

Re: Word Studies

Thanks for the info. I will check out the Word Studies. I am very impressed with the audio sermons you have available. But I have had trouble with each of the videos I downloaded. What file types are they? Maybe they will work on my laptop.

2004/3/16 16:54Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Hi, In regards to the videos you would have to have Windows Media Player 9. Most of the videos are in the .wmv format. Are you using an windows operating system?

2004/3/16 17:28Profile
hijode1dios

Waco, GA

Re: Windows OS

Edited:
But, I just loaded it onto my laptop. It would not play on Windows Media Player there either, but it played on the Real One Player.
That's good news. I can see it on the laptop.
Thanks,
Vicky

+++++++

Yes. I use Windows XP for home on my desktop.
I have Windows Media Player 9, Quicktime 6.5 and WIN/DVD programs that run most any video. But this file type is not recognized.

2004/3/17 17:30Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But this file type is not recognized.

Open Windows player and press the 'tools' menu then press 'options' then choose the 'file types' tab. Then on that tab choose the select all button. and then say ok. Close and start the player again and it should work now. I hope :-P

2004/3/17 17:48Profile
hijode1dios

Waco, GA

Re: No go.

I just checked that on the desktop, but they were all checked and I closed it and opened it again and it still doesn't work on Windows Media Player. Did you see the edit on the last message I sent?

2004/3/17 17:54Profile
hijode1dios

Waco, GA

Re: RM file type

You know, I just checked the properties of the document and it is RM. That must be Real Media as in Real Player. I can download that plugin onto my desktop from the internet.

2004/3/17 18:00Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
You know, I just checked the properties of the document and it is RM. That must be Real Media as in Real Player. I can download that plugin onto my desktop from the internet.

Ohh yes .rm is realplayer software you can get at www.realone.com for free!

2004/3/17 18:12Profile
hijode1dios

Waco, GA

Re: A Done Deal. Thanks!

I just finished the download and, you know, Real Player has updated as usual. Its more cool than ever. It works, too. Thanks for your help.
Vicky

2004/3/17 18:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy