SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : no devil no Holy Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HopeinChrist

no devil no Holy Spirit

If the devil and all the principalities and powers were locked up for a day, do you think the church would even notice? Do you think the world would miss a beat?

If the Holy Spirit were withdrawn for a day (particularly on Sunday when most churches are having service) would most of them even notice?

Just pondering. I doubt many would even notice.
Hope

2007/3/9 5:50Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: no devil no Holy Spirit

Quote:

HopeinChrist wrote:
If the Holy Spirit were withdrawn for a day (particularly on Sunday when most churches are having service) would most of them even notice?

this is just my opinion.... but i think thats we have to create so much "things" in our churches, not that everything we do is "evil" or wrong, but we have so much "stuff" going on, and one reason i believe to "make up" for the Holy Spirit who is absent..... fill up with something else..and people wont notice as long as they can be occupied whit something else,

2007/3/9 5:54Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: no devil no Holy Spirit

Sad thought.

We know scripture tells us we wrestle not against flesh and blood. Fact is, I don't see any wrestling taking place in the church at all.

That isn't true of every church, thank God, but sadly, of the majority of churches in the west.

Scripture also tells us in Revelation that satan will be bound for a thousand years, so that he would not deceive the nations anymore-Rev 20v3.

The nations are deceived, fighting a losing battle against God.

Whether the church would notice or not is questionable.

I think the world would notice, and claim the credit for themselves.

As for if we would notice if the Holy Spirit were present or not during a service, not a chance. We would not notice. We don't notice now, we are too entertained to notice.

I believe it was Leonard Ravenhill who said
entertainment was the devil's substitute for joy.

It's also satan's substitute for the Holy Spirit.

God bless.

2007/3/9 7:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy