SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : JEWISH ERROR AND REPLACEMENT ERROR

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re: a thought

hi dorcus,yes the jewish issue is heating up! i have been looking at this for some time.i wish i was as articulate as you in voicing some concerns over the church's stand.i know we all want to reach people with the good news,Jesus.i believe the Holy Spirit will show us how. i think part of the key in looking at the big picture liees in the priesthood. Jesus being our high priest. ciaphus was a roman appointee and zacharias was the disenfranchised priest makihg john the baptist the levite who baptised jesus into the priesthood. .....the priesthood changed at that point!

2007/3/7 8:29Profile

Re: JEW ERROR AND REPLACEMENT ERROR

Compliments said

Quote:
... I pray for the Church that we come together, fitly joined together in the unity of the faith until we are brought together in the unity of the Spirit.

Amen.

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [i]and[/i] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [b]but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, Christ[/b]: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
(Ephesians 4:13 - 16)

Please let's try to hear the best in what each other is saying.

2007/3/7 9:40

Quote:
i have been looking at this for some time.i wish i was as articulate as you in voicing some concerns over the church's stand.i know we all want to reach people with the good news,Jesus.i believe the Holy Spirit will show us how. i think part of the key in looking at the big picture liees in the priesthood. Jesus being our high priest. ciaphus was a roman appointee and zacharias was the disenfranchised priest makihg john the baptist the levite who baptised jesus into the priesthood. .....[b]the priesthood changed at that point[/b]!

This is the thesis of the book of Hebrews.

But, I'd like to speak up for God with regard to Caiaphas. The whole country was under Roman domination. This was not the first time God's people had been 'under' another rulership, often in a foreign land. But God is not bound by that constraint. In fact, it was always God's idea when this had happened. So, when Caiaphas prophesied before Jesus was crucified, John rightly reports

John 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

Quote:
... who baptised jesus into the priesthood...

I have a few comments here. Priests were always anointed into their priesthood, like kings to their kingship - not baptised. Jesus' anointing was not so much his baptism, of which He admitted to John the Baptist that he had no need, but when the dove descended on Him - the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

We are also anointed into priesthood to God, by the Holy Spirit, not by our water baptism.

(John's was the baptism of repentance, but Jesus was still talking about another baptism He waited to undergo, here: Mark 10:38, 39.)

Quote:
... john the baptist the levite

John's mother and Jesus' mother were cousins (Luke 1:36).

2007/3/7 10:07
psalm1

Re:

hi,i think you will find that baptism existed long before john the baptist.concerning the priesthood it had to do with purification-consecration.I might be wrong in saying "into the priesthood".john the bapist[i wish i could articulate this better]rep. the old cov., but Jesus is the new.i agree priests were anointed into office ,that does not mean they were nt baptised. I believe a study of lineage will prove john the b.to be a levite,....and yes it was necessary for the romans to rule israel,they are the ones who initiated crosses.and appointed ciaphus. do you remember ciaphus tore his robe? that act prohibited him from temple duty.also... remember Jesus' robe was not torn. this is significant

2007/3/7 11:54Profile

Hi psalm1

Quote:
that does not mean they were nt baptised.

OK... I bow to your greater knowledge. I know washing was part of the preparation to serve but I thought that was a regular thing, not the [i]once only[/i] I associate with baptism.
Quote:
do you remember ciaphus tore his robe? that act prohibited him from temple duty.also... remember Jesus' robe was not torn. this is significant

Thank you for this. I don't know for sure to which significance you refer, but I can think of at least one point of interest (which I won't even begin to attempt to share now).

Would you care to explain further for me?

2007/3/7 16:16
psalm1

Re:

i find the whole pristhood thing so interesting.it appears to me that Jesus officiated his own sacrifice,in that it was he himself who presented his own blood to the Father.this is truly awesome!Jessus was crucified on the passover. on passover,there were 3 sacrifices the morning,the midday, and the 3 pm sacrifices.isnt it interesting that there were three crucified on golgotha? .....i dont think i have superior knowledge to anyone on this forum.....in fact i think you far surpass me in the articulation depatment.i just enjoy the fellowship and i truly hope i could add to the discussion.....when i think of what he did for us it blows me away!

2007/3/7 18:50Profile

psalm1 said

Quote:
in fact i think you far surpass me in the articulation depatment

Bro, you are doing absolutely fine. I've enjoyed and been edified by every one of your posts and also am enjoying the fellowship.
Quote:
when i think of what he did for us it blows me away!

This is true for me also. :-D
Quote:
i find the whole pristhood thing so interesting.it appears to me that Jesus officiated his own sacrifice,in that it was he himself who presented his own blood to the Father.this is truly awesome!Jessus was crucified on the passover. on passover,there were 3 sacrifices the morning,the midday, and the 3 pm sacrifices.isnt it interesting that there were three crucified on golgotha? .....

I have learned (since I came to SI) that He died at the time of the evening sacrifice, precisely. I think [i]that's[/i] interesting, also.

Btw, do you know that philologos has a series of talks about the priesthood available from his website? Maybe you could take a look....

[url=http://mp3.biblebase.com/cat_4.html]http://mp3.biblebase.com/cat_4.html[/url]

2007/3/8 6:13
psalm1

Re:

am listening to the website now. thanks for showing me this.so far it is awsome! i think this might become one of my main sites. great teacher......bravo bro. ron! this is a great study. i love the accent also .....is he from here?

2007/3/8 10:10Profile

Re: Michael Brown

says it much better than I ever could....this runs about 37 minutes and thens cuts off mid sentence, when he was reading the prayer a Jew made whilst in the midst of the hitlerite death camps:

[url=http://www.icnministries.org/audio/03ABaptismofTearsforIsrael.mp3]A Baptism of Tears for Israel[/url]

2007/3/8 10:40
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
bravo bro. ron! this is a great study. i love the accent also .....is he from here?

Ron (philologos on this site) is from Reading, UK.

2007/3/8 11:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy