SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : negative...negative...negative

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just my 2 cents for the day

Chanin,

If that was only your "2 cents" I couldn't imagine your "2 dollars" ;-) Great comments and thoughts.

2007/3/5 16:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
However, Christians should be aware of such, and flee from them. Thank you for you post.

Ahh... yes... however most Christians are not aware of such. Thru lack of studying the Word of God, laziness, etc most believers in today's Americanized churches believe anything they hear or read. I've even seen a lot of strangeness creeping onto this very forum lately.

Some of us stand up as soon as we see it and engage whoever it is for several reasons... #1 we want to see the person come to a true understanding of sound doctrine, and #2 we do not want to see other deceived by what's is being propogated.

As I stated, there are times when some us come off as being overly critical, and thats something that we need to work on. But at the same time, it seems that lately here there has been a real need to challenge some of the "doctrines" that are being brought up by some of the newer folks to this forum.

Krispy

2007/3/5 16:22
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As I stated, there are times when some us come off as being overly critical, and thats something that we need to work on. But at the same time, it seems that lately here there has been a real need to challenge some of the "doctrines" that are being brought up by some of the newer folks to this forum.

Brother,

You are absolutely right that this has been alot of the problem of newer people in the last few weeks posting many new threads that had to be addressed. This is part of the reason why things have felt as such of late also.

2007/3/5 16:28Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Yes, very true, Krispy.

Quote:
Christ is HOPE and LIFE! That is a the most positive message I can think of and we can spread that message. We should be the most joyous people around.

Amen! very true, Channin

2007/3/5 16:35Profile
roadsign

Re: be witnesses - the positive!

Quote:
there has been a real need to challenge some of the "doctrines" that are being brought up by some of the newer folks to this forum.

SI can be a great environment for people to change their views. Certainly, there are many good sermons and articles to help – lots of positive stuff! Yet, our original poster, Searchin’ has a good point about our discussion:
Quote:
It's like the parent who is always pointing out what the kid does wrong and pounding the poor kid in the ground over and over with ..."You aint measuring up, you can't do nothing right..." and very seldom giving an encouraging word!

Someone on another thread shared in his testimony that when he was struggling with sin he honestly did not know what to do about it. Indeed, we can be so good at telling people what NOT to do or what’s wrong with their thinking. But teaching them the right way to think and do - especially by example works so much better – though takes time, love, and patience. (I’m preaching to myself, because I have to apply this to my music students.)

Here’s a thought – re negativity:
Imagine being ill and walking into a hospital. Everyone there is complaining about the sicknesses, the bad management, the bad food, and other the bad stuff going on. Their faces look gloomy and worried. Surely you wouldn’t expect much hope from them! So you’d go elsewhere.

It’s not surprising that the principle criteria for God’s ambassadors is their WITNESS.

“Ye shall be my WITNESSES.”

I say, Let Christ shine in and through us. It will affect everything we do and say, and then we will definitely have something to offer!

Diane

2007/3/5 18:32Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

one problem is, that this is a forum. We can't see each others actions, and be examples in the flesh.

another problem could be, sometimes that people think you are pounding them and all you are doing is sharing the word and pointing them to Christ/cross. Thats not negative, but it seems some people act like it is. Maybe the reason why some people feel like they are getting pounded, is because they are in the flesh. I'm not saying that there's never been times people are in error of pounding each other, but I think also some people may feel pounded because they are worldly and the truth offends them.

Negative and positive has so many meanings. Some people may think that encouraging each other in the cross is negative, but to others that is very positive. So maybe, the confusion/frustration at times could also be that we are not spiritual connected on the way of the cross. Does that make sense?

Also,like one poster said, sometimes you can't tell the attitude behind the post. But,definitely there are times you can!

Let us definetly be prayful and watchful always that we may speak to one another always in love.

2007/3/5 19:02Profile

Re:

I know I am negative on here. When I am out and about and when I bump into another believer (which seems to be rare these days) my words are encouragement, probably due to the fact that I don't get to see other believers all that often.

I think being negative on SI has a great deal to do with the fact that we have a concentration of believers coming into one place with a multitude of ideas and opinions and beliefs. It's that bombardment that cause us to rise up or at least stand for the truth.

Even though it looks like a negative thing that is going on, yet Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

I think too that there is a great amount of positive information as well on this site.

Remember we live in a time when the truth has been twisted and compromised. So if any reason for this site or any other it's to gather together believers all over the world to study the word, argue a little, discuss a little, share a little, and thru the holy Spirit we'll come to better understanding of the Word of God, rightly dividing it of course.

How many of us have sat back after reading a post and thought,

Quote:
"Wow, I never thought of that before, this posters got something, thank you LORD for opening my understanding"

. I have several times. And if you or I can produce those same results than being positive or negative is worth every bit.

2007/3/5 19:49
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
You are absolutely right that this has been alot of the problem of newer people in the last few weeks posting many new threads that had to be addressed. This is part of the reason why things have felt as such of late also.

Newcomers (myself probably included here) will put a burden on the daily running of things, and that is good provided it bears positive fruit in the end. As Krispy pointed out there is a desire to see others come to a sound doctrine.

Personally I think there is profit in debating even erroneous topics provided it is done contructively and all participants are playing ball. The exercise should sharpen those who are firm in God's Word, "...as iron sharpens iron."

Firmness has it's place, even when it may come across as negative. I think strong cynicism on the other hand, is sign that we are loosing it and makes us appear as if we have run out of valid arguments. This may not alway be the case - others may not be playing ball leaving us frustrated, but in that case it is better to say so directly.

On the topic of negativeness as a whole, I think it can be brought into balance when it is measured against a definite goal. If we are primarily concerned with the furtherance of God's Kingdom, then negativeness is acceptable while it contributes to that aim. Warning someone of a dangerous doctrine with the aim of protecting their spiritual growth is an example of good "negativeness".

On the other hand I think many of the discussions on whether preacher X is innocent or guilty according to the "majority vote" often resembles a worldly gossip magazine to me and doesn't produce good fruit. Preacher X may be a serious man of God, with some of his doctrines out of place.

The time and effort would be better spent seeking revival in our own lives and then presenting the straight stick.

PassingThru

Edit - Corrected my grammar from late last night :-)

2007/3/5 20:07Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

A tight rope walker once said it best when he said, "Balance is good!"

I know preachers personally who are always preaching about "the backslidden church, the lethargy of the church, no one is doing anything for God, weak sugar coating pulpiteers who have lulled the church to sleep."
All this may be true...but they somehow ignore the message of love, longsuffering and forgiveness. In fact, i've actually heard this exact quote from them, "People tell me that i need to preach more love. Like those love preachers. Here's love for ya' -love not the world niether the things in the world or the love of the father aint in ya'" Then the crowd claps thier hands and yells Amen!
there message could be titled..."Everyone but me!"
Because you know that when they are preaching "Nobody is pleasing God"...they obviously think they are. When they say...Nobody loves God or wants to win souls...They think they do! Nobody is doing the will of God (But me)!

Careful to us all lest pride take a place in our hearts...thus a place in our message!

Pride is the root that causes our soul to be unbalanced
:oops:

2007/3/6 0:27Profile
searchin

u.s.a. /

Re:

thanx for the response. :-)

2007/3/6 9:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy