SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Now this one is really sad.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Now this one is really sad.

My mom came home from Sunday evening service, feeling bewildered and sad. She said the pastor had said, and I quote, "don't tell people they are going to hell if they don't repent, a better thing to tell them so they are not afraid is just tell them what Peter said about Judas in Acts 1, that they will go to their own place as Judas did". (Acts 1:25, "That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.")

So where is "their own place" in modern speech? Inside their head? In a tree? On a cloud? Reincarnated? What?

Please pray for those who responded to the altar call tonight. If they continue to listen to and believe this stuff they will be really sunk.
:-(

2007/3/5 1:41Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Now this one is really sad.

I can understand what you are saying.

Last week, I went to hear a guest speaker at a church, and something he said bothered me.

Referring to Acts 19v35, he said he believes when it says that the image of the goddess Diana fell from down from Zeus, because satan can transform himself into an angel of light.

I remember thinking 'But that's Greek mythology!

So, being me, I didn't accept what he said.

I meant to question him about it after, but as time went on I forgot, until it was too late.

If we wonder where the church today is heading, it is heading for God's judgment, for judgment begins at the house of God.

God bless.

2007/3/5 1:52Profile
repentcanada

God please send preachers who will preach your whole counsel and stick to Biblical language

2007/3/5 2:40Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Oh dear, it really IS sad. Some preachers have a lot to answer for. On the other hand - in some organisations - the pews are filled with people who go to the place that 'tickles their ears' the way they like it.

It seems this trend not to 'offend' people has got out of hand. People seem to grab hold of the blessings mentioned in the Word, and ignore everything else.

Trouble is there is no substitute for Truth, it really does set us free!!

2007/3/5 7:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

When we study carefully how Jesus dealt with sin when he encontered it in people, we learn much about strategy, love, mercy. One cannot improve on his approach, methods can we? To call it something else harks back to the what the prophet Isaiah says in 5:20: Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Ah, yes, there really is nothing new under the sun, is there?

ginnyrose

2007/3/5 8:52Profile
Koheleth

NC

Quote:
the pastor had said, and I quote, "don't tell people they are going to hell if they don't repent

If the church is not preaching true doctrine, leave at once before you, too, are spiritually affected.

2007/3/5 11:50Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Re:

Quote:
If the church is not preaching true doctrine, leave at once before you, too, are spiritually affected.

I agree wholeheartedly, and thank you for the warning. I do not attend that church. My parents do, my mom is 81 and my dad is 84. They still work for the expansion of God's Kingdom but mostly in small groups where the Truth of the Word is being imparted, notwithstanding what is being preached from the pulpit.

2007/3/5 12:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy