SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My heart was grieved

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

My heart was grieved

Today as I walked down the book isle at Wal-Mart I was grieved because on display were all the big named christians. Book after book of fluff and error. How to look good and get rich, etc.

Where were the ones that would change a heart? No where to be found.

This is why we need to speak the truth to each other without pulling any punches. Folks think what they see on those shelves is christianity and they see the hipocracy of it all and don't want any part of it. They can find that in Dale Carnegie's course.

We will not be popular if we kick over someone's sacred cows, however, they will not be able to stand before the Lord and say nobody ever told me. We will have discharged our responsiblity and hear well done good and faithful servant.

2007/3/4 10:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: My heart was grieved

Goldminer,

You need encouragement....why do you not go to the thread I posted on "There is No Disappointment in Heaven" and click on the link I provided there?

ginnyrose

EDIT: After I posted this link, I went to cyber hymnal to find anther song to listen to and I found this one and am posting it here for you: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/w/j/wjret4ho.htm

The lyrics to this song is a spirit lifter!

2007/3/4 12:53Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Goldminer, I read your post, and was reminded of 2 Peter 3:2,3:

"That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts."

In fact, that whole chapter is relevant to this situation. [b]We are in the last days.[/b]

Psalm 37:4 - Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

For me, I believe the only desire of my heart should be to follow in the footsteps of Christ, be a servant and a sacrificer like He was/is. Growing in prayer and in the Word so that I can be more like Him, and mirror the attributes of our Father in Heaven.

Everything else, whether it be material things, spouse, children, pets, home, finances, whatever else God chooses to bless me with as I remain faithful to Him during my walk, is gravy. It's all going to pass away eventually and I can't take it with me to Heaven. I refer to Matthew 6:19-21 as my guide:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

I believe this is the only way for me to live and serve Christ. I'm not saying I have all the answers, I'm just a sinner saved by grace but I do believe that the prosperity messages that are being preached are not of God. Christ had nothing on this earth, Matthew 8:20 says "And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."

There are many other scriptures that come to mind on this issue, bottom line is, much disappointment will come to those who believe this false message when the material things don't magically appear. I think David Wilkerson said that in his message about The Dreadful Day No One Wants To Talk About or whatever the title is.

Anyways, just what's on my heart this morning in response to your post. Stay in the Word, pray without ceasing, and I encourage you in the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ - the Truth is set before us in the Word and leave all these burdens at the Cross. God in his Righteousness and Justice will take care of it all in His time. Thanks be to our precious Lord that we can take our burdens to the Cross and leave them there.

Blessings to you all.

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy and Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/4 13:31Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Dear ginnyrose & mom23beagles,

thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I reall appreciate it. You are a blessing.

2007/3/4 21:12Profile
John173

Omaha

I can easily relate to your feeling of grief sister K. I have come to relish those moments. I believe there are times when the Holy Spirit is sharing His heart with us. Don't run from it! Go to your prayer closet and pour this grief out before the Lord. I have been doing this more and more as of late. This is an incredible gift to be entrusted with a burden for mankinds delusions and darkness. You wouldn't be aware of it without a deep love for your Lord.

Bless you dear heart and cherished of God,

Doug

2007/3/4 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy