SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : THE STREET MEETINGS OF GOD, VOLUME 7

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JGB321

THE STREET MEETINGS OF GOD, VOLUME 7

We would very much like to continue sharing some of the many witness encounters that we have experienced over recent times, to try and encourage those that are strong and mature in the faith, to also take up the Great Commission and try and reach lost souls for the Lord Jesus Christ, because an estimated 150,000 people die EVERYDAY, that's 7,000 an hour!

VOLUME 7

No two Saturday’s are ever the same. But one thing I’ve learnt is how one must always be consistent in what they do. If one feels strongly about something, one aught to take a stand for it regularly.

In the UK new laws are being introduced which will try and hamper ministries like ours, when it comes to speaking out on controversial and important subjects.

Saturday and we were once again in town sharing the Gospel. The old song went, “There’s no business like show business,” but I’ve learnt that there’s no place like the street. I’ve also found it surprising how people confide in you, when they wouldn’t tell their best friends. A lady told Patrick how she reads her Bible everyday when she sits on the loo. Lovely, I remarked!

A little later on and we came across a new political party distributing their political pamphlets. At first I had to admit to them that I had never heard of this party before. But then they mentioned a well known celebrity who once was affiliated with them and I recalled instantly who they were. This party were staunch secularists! They asked James what he thought of them coming from a Christian perspective. He told them that because ECFC are non-partisan we wouldn’t really have a view. But nonetheless he did rebuke them for trying to remove all Protestantism from politics (which is what they advocate.) We’d rather have some Christian input than no impute, even though Protestantism is so apostate in the UK these day. However, while most were indifferent to the Gospel, one lady named Teresa (backslidden Catholic RE teacher) listened to Patrick witness to her. At first she was cynical of religion (which James said was a good thing.) Then she said she was very passionate about religion (which he said was a bad thing.) She may have been a little confused by now. But Patrick continued to use the Law to help her understand her sinfulness and need of the Saviour. She thanked him, took his tract and we hope she will read her Bible and trust Jesus.

While weather was bright and very sunny, it was still rather cold and people don’t like to stand around and talk to us when its like this.

With spring just around the corner we look forward to more one-on-ones.

Please pray for Teresa and her friends.

www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=street.htm

2007/3/4 4:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy