SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : would you agree with this statement by keith Daniels

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
John173

Omaha

Re:

Andy,

I have wanted to comment on this for two or three days, almost since your first post. Something (or Someone!) always held me in check. It occurs to me that you may be trying to read the bible like a novel or even a good non-fiction title from a great saint of old (my Pastor likes to say 'If they ain't dead they ain't read' :-) ).

Anyhow, try slowing down a bit. Read one passage at a time, then meditate on what you've read. Consider other passages that come to mind as you read and turn to them. A good concordance is a helpful tool, or go to http://www.blueletterbible.org/search.html for an online concordance. The search engine there is KJV only but they have many other helpful tools.

There should come a time to read through the whole bible, but for now focus on the NT, Psalms and Proverbs. Isaiah is also an amazing book, with somrthing prophetic to say about Jesus on almost every page.

In closing, I have been taught that the manna from heaven given to Isreal while in the wilderness is a type of the word of God. They could only gather enough for one day. Trying to get a double portion of the word of God won't work, we need an appropriate feeding each new day.

I hope this helps.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/3/4 23:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
y concern will be obvious 'cause i can barely read it..I'm just being open here not rude,but frankly it bores me to death half the time..its a real struggle for me to read a chapter a day if i'm lucky..
aj

To be honest, if the bible "bores you to death" then you are probably still dead in your trespassess and sins. You need the fear of God young man. This is God's holy words that He has spoken to us, we ought to tremble when we read it with awe of the majesty of this God that has died and rosen again for us.

Listen to this sermon: Modern American Christianity

Brother,

I want to publically confess that my words were not seasoned with salt at all and I spoke forth them from the flesh. I was not showing any perseverance and self-control and did not pray over the post. I was quick to judge you brother and I ask for you to forgive me. I am was tired and really did not think of what I was actually writing.

I do hope I have not discouraged you in any way. I was quick to judge that you weren't a christian but even those words I used were not right in that case.

Quote:
Anyhow, try slowing down a bit. Read one passage at a time, then meditate on what you've read. Consider other passages that come to mind as you read and turn to them. A good concordance is a helpful tool, or go to http://www.blueletterbible.org/search.html for an online concordance. The search engine there is KJV only but they have many other helpful tools.

I have been doing this for the last few days and it has been a real blessing to simply go "word by word" with the greek and hebrew tools and slowly think on each verse. How rich the scripture is this way.

I do pray God will renew a good hunger for the bible in your heart. Please do forgive my words brother.

2007/3/5 2:15Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi all..Doug i think you hit the nail on the head,its not a page tuner, exactly what i wished it was..thanks for the advice..

Greg you have nothing to be forgiven about!!I have questioned my salvation myself..

Ive been backslidden so long,and argumentative with God & Christians..Everythings just mixed into one now,thats the problem with being so double minded everything becomes so misty..Its hard to pin down facts in ur mind,its always questioning!!...

I know something happened all them years ago,solely because i can never wander too far,without being pulled back..But i'm not in the right place!!

I think it truly about conviction..I just have never felt truly convicted..I find it hard to believe in Hell,maybe because my all family are unsaved,i refuse to believe thats where there go??I think it was very much a salvation that people like comfort or washer speak about..

But things are changing,i think Roadsign can tell ive changed a lot..Before i would post/say sarcastic things,and be plain arguementitive..Now i might post them but i will quickly edit lol..Also i try to keep away from situations which lead me to be argumentative or just plain rude...

anyhow thks all

andy

2007/3/5 11:23Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Ive learnt this to be so true aj

2007/3/5 11:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy