SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : would you agree with this statement by keith Daniels

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Branded4him

Ohio

Re:

Absolutely agree and think every christian should listen to that sermon The Word Of God by brother Daniel at least once a month.

2007/3/3 17:51Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi thks for the replies..

Firstly the sermon i heard was Assurance of True Salvation..

Greg no ones called me young man for a while :-)..

The irony is i do understand the Bible very clearly when i do read it..The sermon comments on that though,its not hard to know a thing mentally and say the right things,hear the right things..But knowing it in ur heart & be frilled to open this book with relish,is another story..

Ive been a fence sitter for 25 years.I left church 25 years ago,and only recently joint my local Calvary Chapel..

Greg maybe ur right,often times ive felt like Wesley before his return from America,the first time..

Keith mentions a interesting thing in the sermon above,about still births into Christianity..Maybe thats what happened,if it happened at all..I wasn't convicted,i read Nicky Cruz book and was wowee i want that...You can't make yourself convicted can you!!

It kind of worries me though as my first church was Charismatic and said i spoke in tongues whoops!!

I'm not being flippant

andy

2007/3/3 20:05Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

PS Greg thks but ive already heard that sermon..I respect Paul Washer greatly..Others i listen to are David Wilkerson/Pastor Carter and Art Katz etc..Im not short on great solid sermons thks to ur great site..

aj

2007/3/3 20:16Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
my concern will be obvious 'cause i can barely read it..I'm just being open here not rude,but frankly it bores me to death half the time..its a real struggle for me to read a chapter a day if i'm lucky..
aj

To be honest, if the bible "bores you to death" then you are probably still dead in your trespassess and sins. You need the fear of God young man. This is God's holy words that He has spoken to us, we ought to tremble when we read it with awe of the majesty of this God that has died and rosen again for us.

Listen to this sermon: Modern American Christianity

Brother,

The reason why I spoke so straight is because of your intial comments. I do thank you for clarifying. But if we are "born again" we will relish the word of God. It is terrible times we are living in the Church today. Apostasy is set in. May God really get a hold of your life brother and give you a flaming fire of passion for Jesus Christ and His words. May they be a flame in your heart and captivate and ecplise your entire life.

2007/3/3 20:21Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hey Greg i thank you for ur post!!!

I read a book 25 years ago and said a prayer..I went across the road told some Christians,they said amen phone the elder..He said get the spirit!!! They sat me on a chair,4 guys laid hands on me and said have you got any unusual words?I stuttered i'm not sure maybe one,they said hallelujah ur done,just repeat it over and over later and ur get more..

That was my introduction to charismatic church..Then i start acting up and asking question after questions,and their like wowee arnt you moving on from all these questions..

That was the routine for a year,me angry them frustrated..Year or two latter i leave..

But the book stays with me run baby run i could never shake it..So i read other stuff through the years,always hopng for more.Im glad i always wanted something more to be frank,because if thats all there is God help us..

the always more is in Keiths voices!

aj

2007/3/3 20:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

aj,

I agree with the other responces on this thread...

Mind if I make a comment on your ability to speak in tongues? The ability to speak in tongues is not evidence of the gift of the spirit! One time I had a client at CPC, who was in a cult, who told me how they spoke in tongues at their meetings...and she was a very ungodly person...Just thought I would share this, hope it might help you to understand that the miraculous can be counterfeited by the enemy of our souls. Matt. 7:22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have we not cast out devils?and in thy name have done many wonderful works?" Brother, when you study this verse carefully, it is enough to impart some holy fear into your soul, lest you become deceived like as they were. I know whereof I speak...

Blessings to you in your journey of faith...

ginnyrose

2007/3/4 9:36Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi i don't deny that Ginny..It wasn't something i based my salvation on completely,just something i may of said once "if i can do this i must be that" etc..

I was very aware that it didn't come with any Holiness, which concerned me.. e.g i could walk around my room praying in the spirit and stub my foot and cuss mid stream..So it wasn't anything i was banking on!!!

That people like Roy/Keith Wilkerson inspire me when i listen to them,that i get spiritually hopeful at their message,does make me think it must be connecting with something inside me..

This Daniel family really is something else!! Jenny Daniel is so beautiful to listen to as well,so humble..Im so inspired by them..

aj

2007/3/4 14:43Profile
roadsign

Re:

Andy, It’s interesting that you referred to your reading difficulty as an issue of being ”bored” Apparently that is typically how kids hide that very weakness. Maybe it’s less embarrassing for them to say they are bored.

Regardless, It looks like you are one of the countless who have slipped through the cracks of the education system, and have managed to get along well all these many years (no doubt because of your strengths) – until now – when God is drawing you into his word.

What about googling some audio recordings of the Bible and follow along with a written word version. That should greatly enhance your reading skills.

You are listening to a lot of great sermons. What about including Bible teachers: Vernon McGee (an expository preacher) Ron Bailey, Earnest O’Neil, … and there’s lots more.
Bailey’s Abraham series are both on audio and in text here on SI, and maybe you would enjoy following both at once.

That's just some thoughts... There’s nothing like catching the fire that burns in somebody’s heart.

”His word is in my heart like a fire… Jer.20:9

Diane

2007/3/4 16:34Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi Diane maybe i gave the wrong impression about my reading ability..My poor grammar/spelling has not given the greatest impression..

Its true academically i really do struggle..But ironically i'm know for always reading..I always have a book in my coat..In fact the book would come before me buying the coat..Saying that i have had problems reading the KJV as you know,so i have addressed that issue recently :-)

anyhow hope ur well Diane

aj

2007/3/4 19:02Profile
staff

Re: would you agree with this statement by keith Daniels

Hi Strawrifle,
That statement below may be true but remember back to the first time you knew you were saved it was'nt that knew you were saved because you read scripture it was because the Holy Spirit told you so and opened up understanding to you.
Don't let people put you on a guilt trip about reading the bible,it will come.Most Christians on this web(its a really great web)like breaking down scripture to the enth degree,alot of christians take a more simple approach and may not get into greek or hebrew translations etc but it doesnt mean they love God anymore.I have gone through phases when I didnt read the Bible and always knew I was saved;I Know I'm saved whether I read the bible or not but the enjoyment when reading the scripture comes when you realise that its you thats reading and The Holy Spirit thats showing you what your reading and giving you understanding.In fact studying scripture without the Holy Spirit is perhaps an unrewarding exercise.We can go through this life and not read the bible much and still have salvation but we will miss out on the rewards and blessings.Grace,Grace,Grace not guilt,guilt,guilt
Keith Daniels Quote:
He also said you know ur saved if you love this book.
rgds Staff

2007/3/4 19:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy