SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : would you agree with this statement by keith Daniels

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
strawrifle

uk

would you agree with this statement by keith Daniels

Hi i listened to a sermon by Keith Daniel last night...He said quote "You love God as much as you love this book false stop!!""you love God as much as you gave this book time today..

He also said you know ur saved if you love this book..Did you read it like a baby wants milk at birth when you were first saved etc..

Do you think thats true??

my concern will be obvious 'cause i can barely read it..I'm just being open here not rude,but frankly it bores me to death half the time..its a real struggle for me to read a chapter a day if i'm lucky..
aj

2007/3/3 9:25Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re: would you agree with this statement by keith Daniels

I edited to say exactly what he said in the sermon

2007/3/3 10:03Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

brother id have to say brother Keith Daniel is right on this, was the sermon called Word of God? if it wasent i recomend you listend to it, by Keith Daniel, of course there is always exceptions... but if anyone loves christ but dont want to read his "word", thats like saying i love my wife but her love letter to me bores me and i dont wanna read it .... do you se my point?

2007/3/3 10:08Profile
roadsign

Re: To aj, about the Bible

aj, I believe that God has his hand in your life and is drawing you to himself - bit by bit.

Really, he is the only one who can rightfully assess you. But from my persective, it seems that your love for the Lord is growing. You are asking a lot of good questions, you are trying to be honest. And your interest in the Bible is growing ( I can tell by your PM’s! ) My goodness, you just purchased your Bible last week. Don't expect to be Spurgeon overnight!

I confess, I am prone to view myself in comparison to others, and that can be good and bad. I see someone who knows the Bible far better than me, and then I think, “Oh, my, I’m such a lousy Christian. I don’t love God.”

There are all kinds of reasons that the Bible can be dull to people, or turn them off. It could be a dullness of the mind, or hardness of the heart. It may be the way it was “rammed down their throat” in their early years. It may be the result of bad influences - like hypocritical Christians who tooted the word but lived ungodly, hardened lives. It may be false perceptions ex: The Bible is the cause of all the conflict in religion. It may be reading difficulties. It may be fears. It may be religiosity, ie, dependency on religious experience. It could be an inability to forgive someone. It could be other personal sins that they are not ready to acknowledge. (The Bible is a very blatant mirror!)

There's all kinds of ways that the devil tries to rob the word from hearts in order to drive them away from God.

I am confident that the Lord will help you get past what is blocking you - be it old mindsets, or whatever is getting in the way of your love for the word. And he will do it in his time. You will love the word more and more!

I pray for you. You are precious to the Lord. He loves you and so do I. He is not willing that any should perish! Don’t let the devil drive you into discouragement!
Diane

2007/3/3 10:42Profile

Quote:
my concern will be obvious 'cause i can barely read it..I'm just being open here not rude,but frankly it bores me to death half the time..its a real struggle for me to read a chapter a day if i'm lucky..

Brother, where are you reading? There are parts of the Bible that are harder to get through than others. I would have to say the Psalms is probably the easiest book to read. John is a good place to start.
It is a growth process, as sister Diane said. The more you read God's Word the more you will love it. Just keep going. Ask God to give you understanding in what you read. Ask God to give you a hunger and love for His Word.
God bless you, brother, as you seek to know Him!

2007/3/3 11:22
John173

Omaha

Re:

I believe it was Watchman Nee who said that introspection does not bring about sanctification, or something to that effect. The degree to which we love God in return to His unyielding love for us is a work of sanctification. Sanctification is a work of the Holy Spirit. Attempting to measure how much you love God can be frustrating at times and often can bring about an inner condemnation. This will not bring about the fruit you desire. Trust that God has His hand on your life and on your heart. Ask [i]Him[/i] to give you a love for His word. Ask [i]Him[/i] to bring it to life in your heart as you read. Scripture cannot be understood using your intellect. It must be imparted to us by the Holy Spirit first, then and only then can we grasp it in the intellect. When it is learned in this manner it is life giving and life changing. The other way around and you will most likely end up with a religious mentality that leads towards legalism.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/3/3 11:42Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Hi There,
Yes, While I agree with Brother Daniel you might think about this though.

A pastor friend of ours said once, learning to love something that you struggle with and that may require some hard work IS IN itself love.

WE love Christ and since we love Him we want to know what HE says, and even though it may be difficult for us to read it, we show our love for Him by putting our nature underneath our love and just keep reading it anyway!

It's always the perfect place to start!

There are many things in this life that I didn't start out so enjoying when I first started, but after I did it for awhile, it became a part of me that I sorely missed when I didn't have it.

When I first was born again I got a New King James Bible

and while many say start in John
(which is a very good place by the way),
I read Luke

and the stories of Jesus's birth and all that surrounded His life, of His words to the people, of the miracles that He performed... they were BEAUTIFUL to me...especially when I thought about the fact that He came to earth knowing that he would suffer... for my sake...

We love Him because He first loved us.

Blessings in your pursuit!

2007/3/3 11:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
aj

To be honest, if the bible "bores you to death" then you are probably still dead in your trespassess and sins. You need the fear of God young man. This is God's holy words that He has spoken to us, we ought to tremble when we read it with awe of the majesty of this God that has died and rosen again for us.

Listen to this sermon: Modern American Christianity

2007/3/3 12:46Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I also would agree with what you have quoted from Mr. Daniel. This is what the Lord has so graciously provided to nourish our spirits, to grow strong in Christ.

Oh, you might say, "I’ve tried it and it doesn’t work. I don’t understand the Bible and I can’t concentrate in prayer." But remember that the manna that Israel ate in the wilderness had to be gathered early, ground, beaten, baked and eaten. It took some hard work to be nourished by that bread. How much time have we spent in Bible study and prayer? Don’t be tempted to call it off until you have tried to fulfill the conditions. He will be found by those who diligently seek Him.
You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.(Jer 29:13)
In Christ,

Ron

2007/3/3 13:29Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

I agree with Bro Daniel. I can only speak on my view of things.

The Word to me is like a love letter from my Beloved. When I first fell in love with the Lord I wanted to be with Him all the time. I wanted to know everything about Him. I wanted to know what He wanted me to know. I am still the same.

I believe you are being honest, and that is great! Maybe have been convicted and deep inside are afraid to face up to something not dealt with in your life. Don't give up - keep pressing on, it will be worth it.

2007/3/3 17:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy