SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What denomination/religious affiliation are you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

What denomination/religious affiliation are you?

I read the Rules and don't think this one is disallowed. If it is, and I missed something, please remove the thread. Thank you.

I'm just curious what denomination/religous affiliation everyone is here on this site. I'm born, raised and bred Pentecostal. My parents, in their wisdom however, exposed us to other churches and preaching that were not Pentecostal but were very true and solid and edifying and this all laid a great foundation in me that I am drawing on today.

So what is everyone else's affiliation, if any?

Thanks.

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy & Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/3 1:03Profile
jordanamo

Re: What denomination/religious affiliation are you?

Affiliation? Denomination?-- I'm affiliated with Jesus. He wouldn't call it a denomination though, just a way of life :-)

Jordan

2007/3/3 1:14Profile
John173

Omaha

I suspect most of us here would agree with Jordan's post. We are all of Christ. As for me, I attend a Calvary Chapel because I believe it is where the Lord directed [i]me[/i] to go. But that is really neither here nor there. I am simply a child of God, adopted by the Father, redeemed by the blood of Jesus and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/3/3 1:25Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Darling Mia,

Who can be offended by such an interesting question?

I have no denomination. I call myself a Messianic Gentile, which might fit under the strictist Apostolic Denominations, if they are Literalists first, and Symbolismists second; orthodox, but not traditional, and a Zionist who want's what Israel wants for herself.

There are so many denominations that those who answer need to give the rest of us your spiritual delineations.

Blessings,

2007/3/3 1:26Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Denominations

Quote:

jordanamo wrote:
Affiliation? Denomination?-- I'm affiliated with Jesus. He wouldn't call it a denomination though, just a way of life :-)

Jordan

Hey, Bro - You are being a bit terse here - Mia asked a relevant question, and your answer seems to have quenched anyone who doesn't agree with you from replying.

I have no denomination either, but many do. Please don't stomp so hard on those who belong here that also have a specific Church affiliation. It lets us know where people are coming from.

Not to get more on your case, but gentleness is a fruit of the Spirit.

Respectfully,

2007/3/3 1:38Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Denominations

Quote:

John173 wrote:
I suspect most of us here would agree with Jordan's post. We are all of Christ. As for me, I attend a Calvary Chapel because I believe it is where the Lord directed [i]me[/i] to go. But that is really neither here nor there. I am simply a child of God, adopted by the Father, redeemed by the blood of Jesus and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

In His Love,

Doug

Thanks for talking about your Church home, even if it is not your denomination. I like to get a bit of local color with the names that tell so very little.

And thank you for the kindness of your answer.

Blessings,

2007/3/3 1:44Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I agree with Jordan. and was going to write the same thing in a spirit of love. I thought I'd go through the thread first, and unfortunately this comment was posted...

Quote:

UniqueWebRev wrote:
Quote:

Hey, Bro - You are being a bit terse here - Mia asked a relevant question, and your answer seems to have quenched anyone who doesn't agree with you from replying.

I have no denomination either, but many do. Please don't stomp so hard on those who belong here that also have a specific Church affiliation. It lets us know where people are coming from.

Not to get more on your case, but gentleness is a fruit of the Spirit.

Respectfully,

Think you read something that's not there Forrest. Your post Forrest doesn't come across as respectful, so who are you to criticize when you do the same thing that you speak against.

Disappointed,

richie

2007/3/3 2:05Profile

First of all. Welcome to SI Mia, Glad your with us.

Weather one belongs to a denomination or not or perhaps a non-denominational church or is involved in Home Church, should not matter. However, I see no harm tho in Mia's asking a simple question, and then getting a simple answer.

This doesn't have to be theological or pious or look at me i don't belong to a denomination to show how close to Christ we are. With all do respect to everyone, Mia just has a simple question.

Mia, I was raised Assembly of God (AOG) but my church broke off from the denomination and now the church is a "Pentecostal Ministries". So basically i'm "non-denominational/Pentecostal".

Brother Julian

2007/3/3 4:52
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Disappointed Richie

Richie,

I wrote as gently as I could and still speak to the point.

Is everyone who looks at this site fiercely non-denonminational?

What of the poor soul in a formal Church Home who sees this thread, and turns away from participating in this forum, thinking there is no one to defend them, or even cheer them on? With no defense for those in denominations, many will think that there is nothing here for them because denominations are verboten.

I am a non-denominational evangelist, and I am strongly against denominations as a whole on my site, which is specifically for the unchurched, but that is my site, not an open forum.

I felt the question deserved at least one answer that was not opposed to denominations. I'm even interested in the answers because background lends a great deal of understanding of what the person speaking has been taught, and consequently, from what viewpoint they are speaking.

I'm troubled that speaking to the point is automatically considered to be critical. I disagreed with Jordan's point, and his manner of presenting it. I still do.

Jordan, however, is not under judgement anywhere that I know of, and certainly not with me.

Blessings,

2007/3/3 5:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i used to be a part of a pentecostal church, but since i discovered there where nothing "pentecostal" about it and since only half the bible was preached and the other half called legalism... i decided to go look for a new...still looking... but i always have my "prayer group" of saints for fellowship, and of course SI

Marching to Zion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei_Hu1hcsa4

Did the Holocaust Really Happen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlBA2zp992c

Christian

2007/3/3 5:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy