SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr on 2007/3/19 21:29:46
We, as Christians, should look on this (reinstating the sacrifices) as a wonderful fulfillment of yet another prophecy...

But this would be a fake priesthood unless another Moses comes to reconsecrate the sons of Aaron.

2007/3/20 11:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
But this would be a fake priesthood unless another Moses comes to reconsecrate the sons of Aaron.

I agree... 100%. I was not saying it would be authentic. Just that it would be another sign.

Krispy

2007/3/20 11:43
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The original priests Aaron and his sons were consecrated by Moses but the succession has broken down. It would take a new Sinai to recreate a functioning Aaronic priesthood but in the meantime even if we were able to get a red heifer with no white hairs we have no priest to sacrifice to recreate the 'red heifer' ashes.

This has me thinking...I am so thankful that I don't have to be cleansed by animal sacrifices and a priesthood. Praise the name of Jesus Christ! I think the Jews just need to accept Christ and forget this temple business. :-D

2007/3/20 11:47Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Ron, thanks for the insights into this offering.

"When ceremonial pollution took place the effect of the sacrifice was reconstitued by the application of running (Heb: living water) and sprinkled upon the unclean man."

Brings to mind John 7:38.

"The original priests Aaron and his sons were consecrated by Moses but the succession has broken down."

I've read that in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD that the genealogical records were destroyed. Do you know if that is true and if it bears upon their even being able to know who is a descendant of Aaron at ths point?

Going on with that thought for a moment, two passages of scripture have stood out to me in view of those events in history and of the appearance of the Lord Jesus at that very time in history, which, maybe even to an unbiased observer might appear to give strong testimony to the truth of His claims. One is from the very ancient prophecy of Jacob concerning Judah and his posterity, where he says

"The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

I once had the opportunity to share my faith in the Lord Jesus as Messiah with an orthodox Jew that I met here in the city. I was walking by handing out some cards I'd made and he invited me to sit with him as he was at an outside cafe of sorts. We had a very cordial conversation and I shared with him this passage and how remarkable I thought it was, that the Lord Jesus was of the line of David, and of Judah, and how we understand Him to be the King that now reigns, and how since His time there has been no one else to sit upon David's throne.

And this then is in connection with another passage that appears to have the same force in pointing us to the fulfillment of these things in the Lord Jesus, where the Psalmist says

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah."

and also...

"Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah."

And though the psalmist complains that it appeared as though God had not fulfilled this, saying

"...thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed. Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground."

It has been nearly 2000 years that the people of Israel have been without an earthly king and isn't this a strong declaration that the King has already come?

Chris

2007/3/20 12:19Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I'll have my brisket with a side of corn bread and baked beans.

2007/3/20 13:01Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

An earlier thread on this topic can be found in [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=1212&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Propitiation and the Red Heifer.[/url]

As the thread wore on it became a little convoluted but you may be able to pick your way through the wreckage! ;-)

2007/3/20 13:37Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I'll have my brisket with a side of corn bread and baked beans.

Not with a sin-offering you won't! ;-) Unless you like things very 'well done'. The portion that was not burned on the altar was burned outside the camp.“For the bodies of those animals, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp. Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. Therefore let us go forth to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach.” (Heb 13:11-13 NKJV)

2007/3/20 13:43Profile
lovegrace

Re:

I think JaySaved is very accurate in his teaching on this.

Why would God go BACK from what He started? Why would God go back to a MAN-MADE temple, when He CHOSE US (People/Human beings) to be His temple?

I don't see how twisting Scripture, saying that the Jews will reinstate animal sacrifices is biblical.

A Jew should know then that if the animal washed away sins and not God then for over 1900 years their sins have been on their people. And not to mention NO ONE would endource this because the thought of animal sacrifice would be UN-Humane.

I don't think any nation would endource an 'animal sacrifice' no matter what nation is doing it. (I'm referring to powerful nations, US, UK, UN and such)

2007/3/20 16:57Profile

Re: 'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi

Hi Chris,

I'm sure you'll make something of the Red Heifer thread. It's good.

Quote:
...and unto [u]him[/u] shall the gathering of the people be."

Here is a parallel statement to consider:

Exodus 19
Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;

4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and [i]how[/i] I bare you on eagles' wings, [u]and brought you [b]unto myself[/b][/u].

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for [u]all[/u] the earth [i]is[/i] mine:

2007/3/20 21:31
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Chris wrote:

Quote:
I once had the opportunity to share my faith in the Lord Jesus as Messiah with an orthodox Jew that I met here in the city. I was walking by handing out some cards I'd made and he invited me to sit with him as he was at an outside cafe of sorts. We had a very cordial conversation and I shared with him this passage and how remarkable I thought it was, that the Lord Jesus was of the line of David, and of Judah, and how we understand Him to be the King that now reigns, and how since His time there has been no one else to sit upon David's throne.

Chris, what was the rabbi's reaction to your exposition?

ginnyrose

2007/3/20 21:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy