SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi

[b]'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi[/b]

Member of Sanhedrin says sacrifices 'were not possible when the people of Israel were in the Diaspora, but now they are.' Adds: Jerusalem Temple should be rebuilt, Israeli government standing in our way

Animal sacrifices should be renewed on the Temple Mount, a member of the radical Sanhedrin organization told Ynetnews.

In ancient Israel and Judea, the Sanhedrin served as the highest court in the land, and was made up of 71 top judges. Now, a group of

fringe rabbis say they have reformed the group, although the organization has received no recognition from Israel's official religious authorities.

"In the Torah there are around 200 commandments dealing with animal sacrifices," said Rabbi Dov Stein, of the Sanhedrin organization. "The Torah of Israel demands animal sacrifices. When the people of Israel were in the Diaspora, it couldn’t be done. But now, there is the supreme institution, the Sanhedrin, made up of experts, and it can be done. The new Sanhedrin, like the old, will educate the people of Israel on how to keep and safeguard the Torah."

read more: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0%2C7340%2CL-3371508%2C00.html

2007/3/2 19:40Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: 'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi

"On 17 July (AD70), as the Romans prepared for an all-out assault on the Temple, the priests were forced to suspend the Tamid, the daily sacrifice of a lamb, the fresh supply of victims having finally given out." Apocalypse; the Great Jewish revolt against Rome AD 66-73. (ISBN 9780752425733) Neil Faulkner page 336I think there was an attempt to restart the Temple sacrifices in the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_bar_Kokhba]bar Kokhba revolt[/url] of 132-135 but there would have been no altar and no holy place.

Does anyone know how these ultra orthodox Jews think to reconsecrate a priesthood? Aaron was consecrated by Moses and each successor high priest by his predecessor but as no clean priests remain to recommence the process and no red-heiffer dust has survived I don't understand what scenario they have in mind to re-start Temple worship.

2007/3/19 15:01Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Brother Ron,

as to the Red-Heiffer, I used to follow these things somewhat and I remember an anouncement some time back that they had a red-heiffer. Don't know what became of it as I haven't taken notice of these things in some time. I think there is an institute of sorts that is devoted to the research and production of all the nescessary things for the Temple and its service, and you might find something out from them. I remember seeing all sorts of reproductions of itmes for the service of the Temple they had made in anticipation of this, which they had pictures of on their website.

Chris

2007/3/19 15:11Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

For what it is worth...

The New Testament is clear on what constitutes the Temple of God.

1 Corinthians 3:16
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If a Jewish Temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem it will not be because God wants the Jews to begin animal sacrifices again.

Hebrews 10:12-14
"But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

A rebuilt Temple is just one of many parts of Dispensationalism that makes we cringe.

2007/3/19 15:38Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Brother Ron,

as to the Red-Heiffer, I used to follow these things somewhat and I remember an anouncement some time back that they had a red-heiffer. Don't know what became of it as I haven't taken notice of these things in some time. I think there is an institute of sorts that is devoted to the research and production of all the nescessary things for the Temple and its service, and you might find something out from them. I remember seeing all sorts of reproductions of itmes for the service of the Temple they had made in anticipation of this, which they had pictures of on their website.

Chris

http://www.templeinstitute.org has a lot of info.

http://www.templeinstitute.org/archive/red_heifer_born.htm Here are photos one one that they thought to use, but later disqualified it.

2007/3/19 16:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
The New Testament is clear on what constitutes the Temple of God.

Well, these rabbi's arent concerned with the NT says. We, as Christians, should look on this (reinstating the sacrifices) as a wonderful fulfillment of yet another prophecy... letting us know that Yeshua is coming soon.

Krispy

2007/3/19 16:29

Re: 'Renew animal sacrifices on Mount' says radical rabbi

Maybe countries who have animals infected with Mad Cow disease and birds with Bird Flu can be flown in to burn on the alter. It would save alot on polluting the land and the water.

The cross is our alter and Jesus Christ is our sacrifice, and we are the Temple of the holy Ghost. What they do over there has nothing to do with holiness, righteousness but pure 100% unbelief!

2007/3/19 18:29
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
We, as Christians, should look on this (reinstating the sacrifices) as a wonderful fulfillment of yet another prophecy

Which prophecy would that be? 2 Thessalonians 2?
"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

I already quoted verses in scripture that tell us that God refers to His temple in the NT as the church and believers. Also Jesus says in John 2:19-21, "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body."

Also, Paul says in Ephesians 2:19-21, "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:"

2007/3/19 22:04Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Jaysaved,

In regards to the passage in 2nd Thessalonians, I have some difficulty imagining what is implied here because, for instance, of what the Lord says in Matthew 12:28 and 29. What do you think?

Chris

2007/3/19 22:38Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
ChrisJD on 2007/3/19 20:11:25
I used to follow these things somewhat and I remember an anouncement some time back that they had a red-heifer. Don't know what became of it as I haven't taken notice of these things in some time.

We have discussed the red heifer from time to time on these forums. “For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” (Heb 9:13-14 NKJV)The reference is to a particular form of the sin-offering which seems to have been designed for Israel-on-the-move; the record isn't in Leviticus with the rest of the ceremonies but is given in the book which details Israel's wanderings - Numbers. It seems to have been used to cleanse from ritual uncleanness, particularly when acquired through contact with dead bodies. (Nu 19) The catch-22 issue however is that the people of Israel were to bring a red heifer to Aaron, the high priest and Moses. These two then commissioned another priest to conduct the sacrifice. The priests of course had to be 'clean'. The heifer was killed and its blood sprinkled towards the tabernacle seven times, as per the pattern for the sin offering of the Day of Atonement. The carcase was burned. Other ingredients were added to the flames. A 'clean man' (19:9) then collected the combined ashed and kept them safe outside the camp for emergency use. It was a form of sin-offering; “And a man that is clean shall gather up the ashes of the heifer, and lay them up without the camp in a clean place; and it shall be kept for the congregation of the children of Israel for a water for impurity: it is a sin-offering.”
(Num 19:9 ASV)When ceremonial pollution took place the effect of the sacrifice was reconstitued by the application of running (Heb: living water) and sprinkled upon the unclean man.

The rub is that you need a 'clean man' to conduct this ceremony. If any properly prepared red heifer ashes were available you could use them to 'cleanse' a defiled priest. The problem is that all the descendants of Aaron are now 'unclean' so they can't prepare any red heifer ashes and there are no red heifer ashes available to cleanse a priest; a real catch 22!

The original priests Aaron and his sons were consecrated by Moses but the succession has broken down. It would take a new Sinai to recreate a functioning Aaronic priesthood but in the meantime even if we were able to get a red heifer with no white hairs we have no priest to sacrifice to recreate the 'red heifer' ashes.

2007/3/20 11:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy