SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Greedy Pigs!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Diane said:

Quote:
Over the last while I have been avoiding posts that refer to all the bad stuff going on in the church. That’s because my mind has already spent so much time there. I want to move on and focus my eyes of the tremendous blessings, goodness, and miracles of God – even in the very settings of hypocrisy, and even BECAUSE of all that bad stuff. I need to walk in HOPE.

Diane I hear ya, I too am so tired of hearing the negative.

I sometimes spend alot of time posting on this site and most of them never get posted. I write and write and afterwards read what I have written and think, "No one will listen to this, I'll have more negative feedback than I'll have positive". And I can relate to that, because isn't that what we usually do is harp on the negative? And it's so easy to get sucked into that.

Our favorite words, "But" "However", "Yet" and "Disagree".

Thanks Diane for reminding me of a time when blessing the church of God was my preoccupation.

2007/3/3 20:06
roadsign

Re: to Compliments

Quote:
isn't that what we usually do is harp on the negative? And it's so easy to get sucked into that.

Hi, Compliments, You are so right! There is something within us that quickly latches on to the negative. I think that "something" may be our own unhealed hurts, and bitter roots. I (like you) am trying not to focus too much on the negative (though it's so natural for me) for this very reason - to keep others from stubbling.

Quote:
Thanks Diane for reminding me of a time when blessing the church of God was my preoccupation

Compliments, May you be known for your nickname – and speak blessing (not curses) into the lives of those whom God puts across your path.

God bless you!!!!!
Diane

2007/3/4 7:28Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
try to shove it under the carpet

Carl, I certainly can appreciate your concern. In fact, I have used these words a lot - regarding the tendency to stay in denial, and keep others in denial. People don't want to acknowledge their troubles, fears, sins, failures, or hear anybody else's. They only want the positive image. (as if the world can't see through this!!!!!) I call it the "no-talk" rule - it is most damaging to people, and keeps them from being freed from their sin bondages.

Trust me, I'm no "Polyanna". I can relate to the negative stuff! I’ve had my turn at being at the brunt of hypocrisy. But, do you know what? I’ve also been a hypocrite myself – playing the game of church, and only God knows how many I have wounded through my own insensitivity, cynicism, and hardness of heart. So you see, there are fingers pointing both ways.

We don’t have a right to shoot daggers at the church any more than at ourselves. That is a tool of the devil – to drive us away from each other and away from God. It may keep us from being further wounded, but it also keeps us from being vulnerable and sensitive. It keeps us from weeping. It also keeps us from feeling joy and peace (that is, God’s joy and peace).

Actually, God revealed my own sinful heart in this area through another person 10 years ago. It was an incredible Holy Spirit moment – much like King David had with Nathan. But I praise God for that blessed wounding of a friend.

When we’ve been hurt, we don’t get healed overnight. Sadly, many go for the rest of their lives with that sliver of bitterness stuck in their hearts. I pray that you will move on and learn to rejoice in the goodness of God. That produces a kind of character quality that is much more effective to those who are dead in their hypocrisy than attacking them with accusations. (which they only ignore). People need to see the real evidence of Christ in hearts!

“See to it, brothers, that non of you has a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that non of you may be hardened by sins’s deceitfulness. We come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts ….”Heb. 3:12

Diane

2007/3/4 8:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

CarlRedmond wrote:
I allowed them (ministry) to walk all over me. The biggest mistake I ever made was thinking that they have our best interests at heart.

I understand this point so well...it is because I -we- have allowed this to happen is why the reality of it hurts so much. I, too, have chosen to look the other way when others were warning us of things "because it was too negative" among other reasons, like they are "too nice". When reality hits home, I realized what they had been saying was true and I had allowed myself to be snuckered into their whorl of deception; it gets real hard to forgive oneself for having been so stupid: stupid because I CHOSE to ignore the still small voice that was witnessing to my spirit about this/these person[s] and not check out the facts.

I can identify with your concern, Carl. A person who identifies sin, calls it for whatever it is will never be popular. (I did not like the people either who were in my face...) They killed the OT prophets for doing the same and the Scriptures promises us this will not change. 1Thes. 2:15 and others. As things gets worse and worse, there will be a need to become more vocal in our fight against evil. (I am almost 60 YO and I promise you things are so much worse then they were when I was a young woman. I feel so sorry for the young people to day who have to fight evil on a scale we never had to...maybe we need more 'Carrie Nations' today?)

Now what are we doing: stoning the prophets? or are we binding up the wounds that have been inflicted on them by the bystanders?

ginnyrose

2007/3/4 9:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Greg,

I love this picture! I realize the seriousness of it, but it is also so hilarious!

Have you ever taken care of hogs? Brother, I have, hundereds of 'em. Dad used to raise feeder pigs, had sows and then my DH raised hogs as well. Anyhow, when you put feed in a trough and you have a herd of hogs see this, how they will crowd the trough, pushing, shoving each other for a position...and imagine the well-clad clergyman pushing, shoving for his bite out of the trough...and how that clean robe will get soiled and trambled in the mud....oh! this mental picture....!!!!:-P

ginnyrose

2007/3/4 9:12Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Forums

Quote:
Enough!
Perhaps we have become too fore-bearing ... This sort of conduct will not be tolerated any longer here. Accusing the Brethren, smart alek comments, assumptions and slander, pride, bitterness of spirit, division and hostility, accusation ...

This is not a game and this forum is not a toy to play with nor is it a place for spewing forth anything that comes to mind. Abide by the rules of conduct outlined or you will be removed.

I could not agree more. The audio and text resources on this site are great. I think this is because they are reviewed and picked selectively. The forum does not live up to the same standards because the same standards are not applied. They should be. If anything that does not bring honor to God [i]in the estimation of the moderators[/i] is posted, then it should be removed immediately.

2007/3/5 12:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I could not agree more. The audio and text resources on this site are great. I think this is because they are reviewed and picked selectively. The forum does not live up to the same standards because the same standards are not applied. They should be. If anything that does not bring honor to God in the estimation of the moderators is posted, then it should be removed immediately.

Brother,

I cannot agree with you more. This has saddened me in the last few weeks of the degredation of some of the posts and threads that have been a "mar" on these forums. I thank God for all the great edifying godly discussions that have taken place but it seems now there has been alot of backbiting and envying, etc.

There might have to have some changes happen to the forums and the website format.

2007/3/5 13:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy