SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Greedy Pigs!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Greedy Pigs!

Greedy Pigs

A dissertation on Today's Churches

Today's churches are selfish. Ministers today pretend as being all very friendly but they are not interested in anyone's agenda but their own. Its like a group of pigs sitting around a banquet table. Its the Lords banquet table and they're all stuffing their faces. Someone else comes along and says 'Can I have some' and they throw a few crumbs. What they should be doing is move over. Instead they want to raise up people just like them, who couldn't care less about anyone else's ideas or inspirations, only what God told them. Consequently it's not God who tells them but the Devil masquerading as God. If you're incredibly selfish (as they are) and want people to be just like them (as they do: join a home group, sign up for service in the church) then whatever prayers they pray get sidetracked and never end up in God's arena at all. Even the answers they get from God would be questionable, as they don't listen to their flocks. You got an idea, a suggestion? Fine, put it in writing and we will submit it at our next meeting. If the Lord was on earth today that's what they would have him do. They're not interested in your vision, they're only interested in stuffing their selfish faces and sitting at that table till the food runs out. Anything you might have to offer will be replied by ' Well God didn't tell me that, so you had better not cause any trouble.' Is it any wonder people get up and leave. You can be two years in a church and still not know hardly anyone and they're STILL watching you and screening you. Get involved with their agenda, that's about all there is to it. Pride heaped upon pride, and dressed up as 'We're friendly (as if). Yes, friendly until threatened. They don't want to move aside for you. The banquet table's full!

2007/3/2 18:01
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Greedy Pigs!

Quote:
The banquet table's full!

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/1327.jpg[/img]

2007/3/2 18:35Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Greedy Pigs!

CarlRedmond,

You speak as one who knows. I made my last try at two formal churches in a row several years ago, and got the same treatment you speak of.

Now I have a very small house church, and we simply talk about Jesus and God Stuff.

Such a nice change.

Blessings,

2007/3/3 5:12Profile

Re: We need to judge again.

We must remember the words of Jesus when He said,

Quote:
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This is a key scripture in defining who is and who isn't. The problem is that everyone who does not DO the above verse calls themselves Christian. There is a great confusion among us regarding this issue, because even other countries call the United States and Canada Christian nations, and they are not. There are Christians living in these lands, but the whole is not Christian.

But Jesus knows who are His, and even we have a sense of knowing as well. We know if someone is not walking in truth. And to be frank, we as His body on the Earth, we have pushed aside our right to judge because we are told by the unregenerated so called Christians that we should not, you have to speak in love.

This is why we have confusion in our midst, our mouths have been stopped because of the meanness of the foreheads of others who don't want the "other" characteristics of God. They just want love. Yes, Love, my God lets love, but who just loves a child without correcting him? If we truly love, we will correct our children.
Quote:
Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

How does He do this. By the five fold ministry, the world, other Christians.

Some will say, "Judge not lest you be judged", but I tell you, "Condemn not lest you be condemned". We must rightly divide the word, because if we are not to judge, than Peter is going to hell for judging Annais and Sapphirra. Even in an other place Paul said that he had judged the man who had his fathers wife, and said, "Throw him out". But we don't do this today, we tolerate, we put up, we allow the leaven to increase and now others are infected, divorces, fornication, perversions, all happening because we lost our voice to judge. Thats why the so called churches are in the state they are in, and thats why many have left it.

We must regain our senses and boldness if we are to stand in this evil day. Judging is NOT condemning. Judging is rightly dividing what is truth and what is error.

When we rightly divide who is on the LORD side, we will not have trouble loving one another and even laying down our lives for the brethren.

2007/3/3 9:27
roadsign

Re: what about the blessings?

Over the last while I have been avoiding posts that refer to all the bad stuff going on in the church. That’s because my mind has already spent so much time there. I want to move on and focus my eyes of the tremendous blessings, goodness, and miracles of God – even in the very settings of hypocrisy, and even BECAUSE of all that bad stuff. I need to walk in HOPE.

Think of the 12 reporters whom Moses sent to spy the Promised Land. 10 came back reporting on all the bad stuff. And that’s what the people ended up listening to. They didn’t even listen to the blessings that the other two reported, or consider the power of God to help them conquer the land.

It is easy to forget, or not notice that God is bringing people to himself in these days – quietly, one by one – even in our very “piggish” settings. I am meeting these people personally. And it's exciting!

Let us take more notice of the wonderful testimonies of God’s goodness.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, and see our world the world from heaven’s perspective.

The Bible speaks plenty of the bad stuff in religion in order to teach us about human nature. But it always draws our eyes to the Lord, and the GOODNESS that came out of the bad. Christ was crucified during the height of religious hypocrisy.
He was also resurrected!

Nothing has changed. But, if we keep our eyes on the bad stuff, we will never see all the resurrections, ie the good that God is doing AS A RESULT of the bad.

Quote:
Judging is rightly dividing what is truth and what is error.

Our judgments (assessments) are very much affected by the perspective we take of life.

Diane

2007/3/3 10:22Profile

Re: Your comment dont say anything!

Yeah right. Don't say anything. Or above all, it's got to be something positive. That's what they want you to do. It gets worse than this. What I wrote was only the tip of the iceberg. As much as you try to shove it under the carpet, it comes back. Have you read 'Todays Unsaved Church' by Andrew Strom. Its worth a read.

2007/3/3 16:46

Re:

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Thankyou for that. I'm just not bold enough. I allowed them (ministry) to walk all over me. The biggest mistake I ever made was thinking that they have our best interests at heart. Read 'Set the Captives Free'. It clearly explains how satanists join the church, high ranking satanic priests. The first thing they do is stop the prayer meeting. Read Greg Gordon's 'The prayer meeting is dead' (Our moderator). Then they start discipleship classes and infect it with their doctrine. Guess what the first seminar in their supposed Bible class was at the local apostolic church? Satan. Introducing us to the devil. Yeah right.

2007/3/3 16:51

Re:

Reb Wev!
You are the remnant. God hasnt finished with you yet. You are precisely the people The Lord will never give up on. Marginalised. Put aside. And highly favoured by God.

2007/3/3 16:54

Re:

I remain humbled by your support. I realise I'm not bold enough. Your drawing was such a thrill to me, or cartoon or edification of what the Lord shared with me. It's absolutely true.

2007/3/3 16:56
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Conduct and comments

Quote:
Yeah right. Don't say anything. Or above all, it's got to be something positive. That's what they want you to do. It gets worse than this. What I wrote was only the tip of the iceberg. As much as you try to shove it under the carpet, it comes back.

Enough!
Perhaps we have become too fore-bearing ... This sort of conduct will not be tolerated any longer here. Accusing the Brethren, smart alek comments, assumptions and slander, pride, bitterness of spirit, division and hostility, accusation ...

This is not a game and this forum is not a toy to play with nor is it a place for spewing forth anything that comes to mind. Abide by the rules of conduct outlined or you will be removed.

2007/3/3 17:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy