PosterThread
Compton

Interesting testimony

[url=http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/feb/07022801.html]Charlene Cothran[/url]

MC

2007/3/2 15:22Profile
roadsign

Re: Interesting testimony

Glory to God!! Clearly, this testimony about a woman who was set free from homosexuality is a work of God! I pray that he will bless her ministry.

I just emailed the link to a Christian friend who has a lesbian daughter.

Diane

2007/3/2 16:19Profile
roadsign

Re: a stunning testimony

In view of the many threads in the past covering the issue of homosexuality, I know that Cothran’s testimony would be most intriguing and exiting to many here.

Not only is this a remarkable example of how God can so thoroughly reorientate a person’s behaviour, but also of how he can so thoroughly change one’s entire way of thinking – in such a short space of time. This lady’s testimony is replete with evidence of keen understanding of God’s ways, including his ways with sinners. Her message to homosexuals is stunning – clear, loving, and yet noncompromising! She makes the Good News is so very inviting!

Cothran has no intension of changing all homosexuals. She has one audience: those who are ready to change, and want to.

She said:
“ I do know that there is someone, possibly reading this very article, who is tired and unhappy living this way. Someone, in your heart of hearts, is searching for a way out, but you just can’t seem to break free on your own. I am speaking to my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters who want real peace; the kind you’ve heard about, sung about, read about. It is simpler than you think to acquire it and there is no condemnation once you’ve entered it.”

The way in which a pastor suddenly came into her life in order to help bring about her conversion is also remarkable – certainly nothing that any man could plan - no evangelistic campaign, no gimmicks, no door to door - just so thoroughly God himself!!!

This testimony aught to encourage us all, and remind us that we too, like Christ himself are called to the ones who need a doctor, not the ones who are “healthy” (are not ready).

Diane

2007/3/2 19:26Profile
roadsign

Re: an encouraged mom

Just thought I'd post the reply from the mom whom I sent the article to:

We pray for [our daugher's] turn-around, and your email is of great encouragement."

Diane

2007/3/8 10:35Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
This testimony ought to encourage us all

Amen Diane.

When we see that Jesus overcomes the world...we are of good cheer! Her testimony is a profound reminder that with God all things are possible.

MC

2007/3/8 11:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy