Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : nlp

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
strawrifle

uk

nlp

Hi my friend as just had a course of counseling which involved nlp techniques,and its changed his life..I was wondering what Christians thought of nlp..Ive got a lot of issues over public speaking,and was considering it..thks aj

2007/3/2 13:51Profile

Re: nlp

Sorry, I have no idea what nip is!!!

2007/3/2 14:00
JaySaved

Missouri

Is this [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming]NLP[/url]?

2007/3/2 14:02Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

If it is what JaySaved put as a link I would steer far clear of it. Just because a person's life is changed doesn't mean it's good.

[color=0000CC]2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.[/color]

My mother once asked me why psychics are bad, after all don't they help find lost children and bodies? Well the truth is satan knows where those under his control put those lost children and murder victims. So he has inside information. The enemy will allow his stuff to appear good to distract people from the truth.

If you are talking about what JaySaved linked, this is the same type of deception.

2007/3/2 14:13Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi i'm sorry i should of giving a little bit of info..To be honest i'm in the dark myself about what they do..But the link is correct thats nlp..

I was a little wary about it,but the stunning testimony had perked my interest..Also at my old church (charismatic) the pastors wive is a Christian counselor,she specializes in nlp for church members..I though maybe that validated it somewhat..But wanted to check first..
andy

2007/3/2 15:28Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Heres the basics

Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is a set of techniques, axioms and beliefs that adherents use primarily as an approach to personal development. It is based on the idea that mind, body and language interact to create an individual's perception of the world and that perceptions, and hence behaviors, can be changed by the application of a variety of techniques; in particular, "modeling" which involves the careful reproduction of the behaviors and beliefs of those who have achieved 'excellence'. from link above

2007/3/2 15:40Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I would encourage you to stay away from it.

2007/3/2 16:02Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

The only thing that can change a man's behavior is Jesus. When we come to Him and repent and ask Him to change us from glory to glory into His image, He that began a good work in you will complete it. No amount of coaxing or building up will do a bit of good. All it is is a patch or bandaide of good behavior that glosses over the true condition of the heart.

Take up your cross and follow Him. This will change your nature, nothing else. Death to the self life, not mediating on a good person, will do the work.

I am amazed that christians have become involved in this type of counseling.

2007/3/2 16:37Profile
PassingThru

Quote:
ve got a lot of issues over public speaking,and was considering it..thks aj

I see you are from the UK and would recommend looking for a good Speakers Club. I frequented one in the UK some years ago which I liked. The aim of the club is to provide a peer environment where people can develop their public speaking skills.

I only frequented it on and off myself, but I saw more dedicated members progress from being timid newcomers to participating in National Speech Competitions within a year.

Meetings are twice a month and have a fairly formal structure. Speakers are evaluated objectively by another member.

The cost is minimal. I think it barely covers the room rental.

Speakers Clubs are secular, so religion and politics are generally prohibited as topics.

It would be a good thing to introduce as an extra activity in some churches, as a lot of Christians that have depth are also the least likely to speak in front of a group.

I think some home bible study groups also encourage members to prepare and deliver sermons, although I've never been to one that does.

PassingThru

2007/3/2 21:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is a set of techniques, axioms and beliefs that adherents use primarily as an approach to personal development. It is based on the idea that mind, body and language interact to create an individual's perception of the world and that perceptions, and hence behaviors, can be changed by the application of a variety of techniques; in particular, "modeling" which involves the careful reproduction of the behaviors and beliefs of those who have achieved 'excellence'. from link above

Make the Holy Bible look awesomely simple!

This reminds me of a course I took in 1965 titled "Group Dynamics" at a Bible School. At the time our instructor introduced us to "mental telepathy", saying it works but people do not understand why or how, but encouraged its use in that it was helpful to bring people to the LORD. Fortunately, in the years to come, I learned it was devilish and will be quick to tell people that. My point: just because a pastor, or pastor's wife promotes it does not mean it is from the LORD. Anything that seeks to improve upon the methods that are clearly laid out in the Scriptures should be viewed with suspicion.

The Bible is full of history of how God dealt with people and he still has not changed his methods. People have, using high sounding, high falutin words that work to confuse and draw men away from God...

My opinion.....

ginnyrose

2007/3/2 23:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy