SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Please pray for us... Were taking to the streets

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Please pray for us... Were taking to the streets

Tomorrow at 10:00 AM Central time about 5 people from my church will be passing out Bibles with a message of repentance. This will be in a heavily congested area and we covet your prayers.

God bless and thanks!

-Robert

2004/3/12 17:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Please pray for us... Were taking to the streets

At first I thought "A repentance Bible" what a great idea! Till I realized I already have one :-)

Will be praying for you guy's.

2004/3/12 21:00Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Thank You for your prayers. We took the message of repentance to the streets of Kansas City, MO. There were 8 men total and we distributed 192 NT bibles and heralded an 8 foot banner that simply read REPENT. The intersection we ministered at probably sees 1000+ cars pass per hour during that time of day. This is probably a low estimate given the fact that I personally was only able to give a bible to about 1 in 15 cars. Some people were touched and talked of their need to return to God; while others were strait hostile. God protected us though and we were thankful. We pray that the added effect of the poor weather 50 degrees and light misty rain will weigh heavily upon those who seen and heard. God's word will not return void. We have planted and hope and pray that our ministry will compell others to take to the streets in our community as well. Please pray that God will provide the need for more bible as many are accepting them. I would like to see others join us around this nation. Its time to turn the "street lights" of God's truth back on in the cities. We were a road block on the road to hell for some people today. Please pray for MORE BOLDNESS to preach. Pray for the youth of our church's- as they are naturally more bold than most. We actually had one young man show up who has been backslidden from God to help pass out the bibles. Maybe Andrew Strom is right about people being tired of "playing the game." When it came time to minister they were ready. Who knows? Christ is preached. And I will rejoice.

God Bless and in Christ,

-Robert

2004/3/13 18:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

When you said that you would be bringing [i]'a message of repentance'[/i] in the earlier post...

Wow, now that's a message! Praise God, what boldness...

Way to go you guy's

2004/3/14 0:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thank You for your prayers. We took the message of repentance to the streets of Kansas City, MO. There were 8 men total and we distributed 192 NT bibles and heralded an 8 foot banner that simply read REPENT. The intersection we ministered at probably sees 1000+ cars pass per hour during that time of day. This is probably a low estimate given the fact that I personally was only able to give a bible to about 1 in 15 cars.

That is great brothers, I didn't pray as hard as I should have but I did mention you before the throne of grace. I believe we need to always pray in accordance with the burden the Lord gives, We always give our burdens to the Lord but who does He give His burdens to?

Another thing that struck me was its great that we can put big signs up saying repent to the people in the world. But what about the body of Christ? maybe it would be more effective to do that infront of a Church? Judgement begins in the house of God, doesn't repentance also? Leonard Ravenhill once said if everyone professing to be Christian acted like a Christian for one day we would turn this world around. Don't get me wrong brother Robert, I think its awesome what you all are doing, but surely the Lord desires for His body to be that shining example to the world. Sad but true I have felt ashamed to bring unbelievers into my church, that should not be! something needs to change.

2004/3/14 0:38Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Another thing that struck me was its great that we can put big signs up saying repent to the people in the world. But what about the body of Christ? maybe it would be more effective to do that infront of a Church? Judgement begins in the house of God, doesn't repentance also? Leonard Ravenhill once said if everyone professing to be Christian acted like a Christian for one day we would turn this world around. Don't get me wrong brother Robert, I think its awesome what you all are doing, but surely the Lord desires for His body to be that shining example to the world. Sad but true I have felt ashamed to bring unbelievers into my church, that should not be! something needs to change.

I am in such deep agreement with you. My heart aches with deep grief for this truth. We have preached repentance in our church almost in every service and still some won't hear; but the majority has. We even took the message to our district when Andrew Strom and I preached at New Life PCG in KCMO. That was a serious service-in anyones book! (I have that message by the way).

I pray that everyone is hearing you Bro. Greg! How can the reapers bring in a harvest into a busted down threshing floor? This is why Andrew Strom talks about the coming Street Revival (good book by the way). If the church won't get right were headed out to have church in the streets! It WILL HAPPEN because God is starting to move that way even now. We are looking at revival trucks that are made to fold down with P.A systems and generators to take the message into the streets weekly. We have cast the net inside the boat for years, but God is saying cast the net on the other side of the WALL. Thank God for a church building, but we can have church anywhere and anytime.

God Bless you brother and thank you for your site and prayers!

-Robert W

2004/3/14 15:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy