SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Sick of life and losing hope

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I posted a prayer request on the broken heart thread with no response. My life is in shambles. I don't connect well with the pastor of my church so I feel incapable of reaching out to him. I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I am trying to hang on and 'pray through'. I am losing the fight. Wil someone please intercede for me?

The enemy is using depression to attack many Saints in the Body of Christ right now. You are not alone. I am dealing with depression on the right hand and the left almost everywhere I go.

One thing that is seriously going to have to change in many circles in the Body of Christ is our expression of love one towards another. For so long there has been a "Never let them see you sweat" attitude that the enemy has singled out many and attacked them to the point of despair. Add to that a constant barrage of repentance preaching and a scenerio of despair develops.

Do you remember the passage in II Corinthians 2 when Paul was reinstating a brother back into fellowship? There are some key things in there that we need to take to heart. One was the concern that folk would be 'overcharged.' And added to that that a person could be swallowed up by overmuch sorrow. The issue is godly sorrow, but it is obviously not healthy to stay in a perpetual state of 'godly sorrow'. The enemy will wear you down with it to the point of despair. This IS the 'Devil's device' of the context. that folk would get so in despair at the condition of themselves that they throw in the towel or worse.

What was the solution?

Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.(V.8)

With one voice they put him out and they were expected with 'one voice' to restore him. You see, God's desire is [i]restoration[/i]. We may be wanting a pound of flesh for failures and sins, but He is looking to restore. This requires repentance. but the repentance is only to the intent of changing the person's mind about what they did. Doth God take pleasure in the misery of the Saints? Can one tear wipe away one sin? Of course not. Only the blood can cleanse. God's grace through the cross allows for the pardon of the sin. Beating ourselves up is of no profit. It does not add one inch to our stature. It only allows the enemy to creep in and create division between us and God.

To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; (v. 10)

If Christ were here He would do what is said here. He would forgive. He would forgive with cheerfulness (Romans 12:8). That is a different attitude than we want to promote often times. As if God with a mean face was angrily forgiving and showing mercy. If He expects us to show mercy with [u]cheerfullness[/u], how much more will He?

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. (11)

Sometimes we play right into the Devil's plans and designs. Like chess pieces on his board. He can use us at a moments notice to heap dispair on people- people who may already be ready to give up from much sorrow. God desires you to be saved. He is all about your restoration. Stop focusing on just the things that are wrong and allow God's grace to shine through. Don't allow your own expectation of yourself destroy you. Serve God with gladness, and allow Him to love you even when you won't love yourself. He died for you. He is not in a hurry to send you to hell. He is not about destroying anyone for whom Christ died. He desires restoration. Hell is God's last resort- not His preferred option.

God Bless,

-Robert

2007/2/28 15:12Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Sick of life and losing hope

Dear Doug,

The only way for satan to defeat you is for you to quit. I feel you are beating yourself up because of the change you see in your wife. You have to stop that. You can't change what is, however ever you can start with this day forward. You have to press into the kingdom yourself and when your wife sees true change in you it will have an impact on her.

Also you do have to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ:

[color=9900FF]Isa 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.[/color]

[color=9900FF]1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.[/color]

[color=9900FF]2Ti 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.[/color]

Your difficulty comes from the fact that your are looking at your situation rather than Jesus and His word. You see you wifes situation, the condition of your church and pastor and even folks on this list who didn't respond when you needed it. I apologize for that myself. However when we fix our eyes on Him the entire world and our life in it takes on a different light. We become like what we behold. We must cast our troubles on God, our spouse, job, troubles of every kind and then fix our gaze on Him and He will take care of everything.

Will it then be smooth sailing, most likely not, but our persepective will be different. It will have a touch of heaven. As we focus on Him His bigness puts our hard times in their proper place. We can rest in Him.

Dear Brother don't despair God is able to turn all this around.

I too have been going through the most difficult time I can remember. I think most of the body of christ is because we are about to enter a time of sifting. God wants us to see His faithfulness now because we will really need it in the future.

I will leave you with this. Tell your wife exactly how you feel. Tell her your love for her and how you feel responsiblity for her not going to church now, etc. Then tell her you have determined to follow Jesus with every ounce of your being and do it. Go to church even if she doesn't. Be faithful, sometimes our spouse is waiting to see if we really mean it this time.

If you are not happy with your fellowship you need to talk to your pastor about it, but don't be talking to anyone else. God wants us to build not tear down. If you can't work it out ask God to show you your heart and see if the difficulty is in you. Share with a trusted father in the Lord, maybe someone on this list what the differences are and maybe you can work through them. If not ask God to move you to another fellowship, or if you feel lead to start a home church with folks of like spirit, being careful not to draw them away from the church you are at. There are probably plenty around you that feel like you and need fellowhip.

You need to fix your gaze on the anser, not the problem and immediately you will see a difference.

By the way Jesse Penn-Lewis is a woman and so am I. So I would challenge all you brothers out there to take this precious brother under your wing and help him through this. If we are too busy to care about one of ours we are in trouble. Loves does.

2007/2/28 16:40Profile

Dear John,

I'm sorry I haven't seen your prayer request in the other thread, but this caught my eye when I came to post praise. I'm real short of time, but I read the opening post, and part of the one about your love for your wife. Amen.

Now, I have something to respond to your opening post from my own experience, which I hope will really help you rest in the love of God and His hope for your future. And in the words at the end of Eph 3 about being strengthened in the inner man. What is actually happening.... that you feel this:

Quote:
What I am feeling is shattered beyond recognition.

is a direct result of all the crying you did the other day. Actually, you ARE HEALING, and this awareness of being fractured, is part of God's revelation to you of how you WERE. Trust me. This is, technically, in the past. You are going to be strengthened beyond measure what you have known before, and will begin to have a sense of your own 'being' which has been dissispated over the years through sin. FEAR NOT. God is right with you, I promise. You may not be able to 'feel' Him close, but don't for a second doubt that He IS.

Just keep worshipping in the Spirit, ignoring how you feel, and he will bring you through. Sing, speak in tongues, praise Him for simply being YOUR GOD. Amen.

I am trusting that when you wake up tomorrow, a few hours after my tomorrow begins, you will have a sense of newness within, which really is NEW.

2007/2/28 16:48
John173

Omaha

Re:

Dear, dear brethren,

I am the wife of Doug (John 173). When I came home from work tonight I found the computer set up and a note from Doug encouraging me to read this entire thread, and add my thoughts if I felt so led.

What an incredible site this is! I cannot tell you how much your generosity has blessed me. These posts take much time and focus to compose, and I don’t take it lightly that each of you has invested that time in reaching out to my husband in a particularly desperate time in his life. Your collective wisdom, your intuition, your words of encouragement, the scripture references, songs, hymns and sharing of relevant works of great Christian authors leaves me feeling stunned and over-awed.

Doug has been very fair in his presentation of my feelings, my fears, and my reactions to his current struggles. While I love him fiercely, and am delighted to see him re-establish himself in his personal relationship with God, I am unable to reconcile myself to his latest declaration that he feels the Lord has impressed him to set aside the efforts required to become a successful real estate agent (or to pursue any other type of gainful employment) and to focus instead on prayer, reading the Bible and writing.

I am working as a temp – my job provides no medical or retirement benefits, nor any real security. Our future financial stability is definitely at risk. The job could end tomorrow. Understandably, I’m mightily concerned. It’s been nine months since he’s brought home a paycheck. We are only staying afloat because we have savings that we have been drawing from, along with a monetary gift from his family. But to what end? To drain it completely? To become destitute? To lose our home? Have his vehicle repossessed? I have been his biggest cheerleader for the last twenty years; nevertheless this is taking things one step too far for me.

Do I want him to grow stronger and become more firmly rooted in his faith? Absolutely. Am I prepared to see all that we’ve worked so hard for over the years to be lost in the process? No. If he insists on this path, I can’t stand by and watch.

[color=0000FF]“The deepest pain I feel is over how my struggles have impacted my wife. I am of the deepest conviction that obedience to God means ones spouse must be our foremost priority. When I told her I thought she would be better off without me I sincerely thought maybe she would be. As I was despairing of life. In that conversation I told her the only thing I truly want is to be in ministry. That I would be willing to give up everything if it meant being useful to Him. She interpreted this to mean I would give her up in order to attain this goal. What I meant was that I would give up my house, car etc. Her interpretation hurt her deeply.”[/color]

According to biblical teaching, our priorities should be God first, our spouse and children second, our jobs third. That is certainly in keeping with Doug’s priorities, but the sheer cliff between the second and third priorities is breathtaking. It is his responsibility to provide for hearth and home. I’m truly afraid to succumb to his request. I feel I can only support him emotionally if I see him making an effort to succeed in his newly chosen career path, or to choose another with a more realistic earning capacity.

I’ve seen his pattern too many times to not recognize the road signs along the way.

After a recent betrayal – investing in a very costly program without so much as discussing it with me until it was too late to back out, or better yet – discussing it with me prior to committing himself – he vowed that he would, in the future, keep me informed of both his triumphs and his struggles in ALL areas of his life, whether they be physical, spiritual, or business/real estate related. He stayed true to that vow when he recently shared the above quote with me. It frightened me, and I didn’t realize what his goal was: Full disclosure, as promised. Instead, I heard him saying that he wanted out of the marriage – that I was a deterrent to his success. What folly to think he could survive without even my paltry income! Does God’s promise to rest in Him and He will provide stretch so far? Do we not have an obligation to live IN the world (with all the responsibility that implies) without being OF the world?

I feel that Doug has lost his way. It breaks my heart to see him undergoing such pain and struggle. I was very blessed by the Madam Guyon piece, “The Blessedness of Winter.” It is such a poignant way to explain away the ugliness that I see on the outside. I already know of the beauty and potential inside.

[color=0000FF]“Over the years my struggles with my faith have caused a slow erosion in hers.”[/color]

When we met, I had a strong, vital walk with God. I had accepted the Lord four years prior. I was active in the church body, I was involved in outward ministry, I had a strong prayer life, and was surrounded by a body of believers that came alongside me and held my hands up in the times I didn’t have the strength or courage to. I sensed God’s presence and guidance in my life. I was not afraid to listen to Godly council and act on it. I was at the church any time the doors were open … Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night. I went to bible studies on the nights in between if one was being held, and was willingly held accountable by my brothers and sisters in the Lord.

I was not prepared in any way for the reality of the impact marrying can have on a woman who is a believer (or at least the way it impacted me). I was 28 years old when we married. Suddenly I have a covering, one who stands in the gap (I didn’t realize there WAS a gap!) between God and my husband. If he’s heard from God that we are to move in a new direction, yet I haven’t gotten the same sense from the Lord, it is my wifely duty to trust my husband’s wisdom and guidance. One, two, three, four … five times?? (Seven times seventy?) Different churches each time. Not enough time to get built into the fabric of the church family before he decides this wasn’t the right decision after all and bails out. Months of not going to church before risking trying another. More isolated with each move. Craning my neck as I look backward to what was. Despairing of what I see before me. How many times before I find myself shaking my fist at God, saying, “He loves You with all his being!! Why can he not discern your direction more clearly? Surely this is not what you had in mind for us, God!”

Doug’s struggles weren’t with his faith – his struggles were and continue to be with the church. The eternal quest to find a like-minded body of believers. People who are not afraid to be transparent and real with one another. True worship that encompasses heart, soul, body and mind – that draws one into the very Holy of Holies … to bow at the feet of the One True God. If one has once tasted of that experience, how can one accept anything less? If we had only known what we had before we so blithely left that first church. Now many years and 1700+ miles stand between us. There’s no going back at this point. And even if we did, would it still be “home”? Not likely. We’ve gone back to visit and felt like strangers in a strange land. Is it any wonder I’m discouraged? Or unwilling to try it yet again?

[color=0000FF]“I will leave you with this. Tell your wife exactly how you feel. Tell her your love for her and how you feel responsibility for her not going to church now, etc. Then tell her you have determined to follow Jesus with every ounce of your being and do it. Go to church even if she doesn't. Be faithful, sometimes our spouse is waiting to see if we really mean it this time.”[/color]

You have hit the nail on the head, and Doug has done this. When he decided to go back to church last June, I initially told him that he needed to prove that he would stay with it – that I couldn’t bear to go with him only to be torn away again. After a few months where he went faithfully, I was afraid that if I were to begin going to church with him again that it would change the dynamic of what I saw the Lord doing in his life. I didn’t want to risk it. Then he started begging me and attempting emotional blackmail to get me back at his side in church. It only makes me resist that much more. I haven’t rejected God, my beliefs, or my knowledge/understanding of His word. What I HAVE done is forsake the assembling of the saints. I have stopped nourishing my relationship with Him. And so I have withered on the vine. Any more, going to church for me is a social outlet, and the hypocrisy of that eats at me like a cancer.

[color=0000FF]“I understand the body of Christ has disappointed you...but this thread shows you are not as alone as you might suspect! Jesse Penn Lewis, in her book War on the Saints, reminds us that the Spirit...the presence of Jesus, is not our own private unique supply, but is one presence given to be shared in the body of Christ. We can not progress in God without communion in Christ's body.”[/color]

Well said. Why are the long-sought-after, like-minded brethren anonymous people on a website and not our neighbors and coworkers and fellow church-goers? I long for God to wake up the corporate body of Christ, and for His spirit to move upon us once again.

[color=0000FF]“One thing that is seriously going to have to change in many circles in the Body of Christ is our expression of love one towards another. For so long there has been a "Never let them see you sweat" attitude that the enemy has singled out many and attacked them to the point of despair. Add to that a constant barrage of repentance preaching and a scenario of despair develops.“[/color]

How do we bring out that change? I’ve seen the “Sunday mask” at every church we’ve attended over the last ten or more years. It says, “I’m OK, and you’d better be OK too. If you’re not, don’t burden me with your problems. I don’t have the time or energy for it. Here’s a mask. Put it on, please.” It’s as though they hand them out at the doors. How can we encourage one another in pursuing a deeper, more fulfilling relationship with God when we’re behind that kind of barrier? If we can’t admit we’re struggling, how can we pray effectively or intercede on one another's behalf? When you feel that you are the only one struggling, while all else are maintaining or growing in their faith, you’re right. You become ripe for the picking. The enemy is surely wily. One must be bold, and able to command the attention of many to even begin to effect change. What if you’re halting of speech in a crowd? What if your personal insecurities rise up like a roaring lion at the mere thought of speaking in a large group setting? What if you don’t have your pastor’s ear? What if you’re perceived as emotionally weak, and therefore suspect?

[color=0000FF]“Stop focusing on just the things that are wrong and allow God's grace to shine through.”[/color]

Wise council, indeed. I apologize that this has been a rant rather than an encouragement. I never would have thought to post my thoughts on this site had Doug not encouraged me to do so. Just know how thankful I am to you all for your prayers, your encouragement and emotional support.

With His love,
Carol

2007/2/28 22:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Dear Doug and Carol,

You all are hurting dreadfully, which leaves us at a loss to know exactly what one can say. Many have given wise counsel and what can one add to it? Mind if I make a couple of points?

1. Doug, do not ever in your imagination consider putting your wife away. You have vowed to God you will love and cherish her till you die and you will be held responcible to keep this vow. Do you cherish her? That is a command, not a suggestion. Think about it for a minute: what does this all entail? Does it not mean you provide for her physically, materially, spiritually? Have you done it?

2. Employment is honorable. Where have you ever gotten the idea that working at a job is not a form of ministry? For beginners consider 2 Thess. 3:10: For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. Work was expected of man, commanded of man BEFORE the fall. Work did not result from the fall: thorns and thistles and working by the sweat of your brow did. But not work itself. It is honorable; God also worked. Seems to me your attitude about work needs some readjusting. Since you have not suceeded in the real estate business, why not go back to trucking? Do something that will provide for your wife so she stay at home. Assume your rightful role as provider, leader in your home.

3. People are the most imperfect creatures around, Christians not exempted. Perhaps you are looking too much on others' imperfections...do you have perhaps a critical spirit which is serving as a barrier to your finding a brotherhood to fellowship with? Your wife has some legitimate complaints....work with her, she is your helpmeet.

4. Discouragenment. We all have to deal with it sooner or later. No one is immune from its lure. And have you ever considered why it is so attractive? Does it not happen when we focus our eyes on ourselves and not on the LORD Jesus? Remember Peter when he tried to walk on water? He did as long as he kept his eyes on the LORD. But when he took them off of Him, he started to sink.

Brother, many have told you they are praying for you and your wife and have worked hard to encourage you. Now it is up to you: you can either choose to spend one more night with the frogs or you can ask the Creator to kill dem things! and get them out of the house less they stink!

Bless you, Doug and Carol...will be thinkiing and praying for you.

ginnyrose

2007/2/28 23:46Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Dear Carol & Doug,

Wow, what a blessing you both are. It is so easy to see the reason for your despair. You both have such a fire for God and you have had to endure so much from those who should support and nurture you. You haven't had the loving fellowship that God wants the body to minister one to another, and you have have a fire shut up in your bones and you haven't been able to connect with those of like mind.

[color=9900FF]Pro 13:12 Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but [when] the desire cometh, [it is] a tree of life.[/color]

[color=9900CC]Ecc 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.[/color]

[color=9900CC]Ecc 4:10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him [that is] alone when he falleth; for [he hath] not another to help him up. [/color]

I too have been through much frustration with the condition of the church and I have even been alienated because I stood up and said something about the condition. At times I have been in despair even as you describe. However I have come to the conclusion if I am waiting for the perfect fellowship I will be staying at home. Even now I am at at church has some issues.

This is what I found out. It is good to love. I may not be thrilled with the worship or the doctrine, or many other things but I can go and show love to those who need it. I have to go looking for what I can give of myself to those who need a prayer or a hug or a word. In doing this I find that most are in the same condition I am, in need of love and fellowship. When I forget about myself and minister to others needs I find myself fulfilled. Love covers a multitude of sins and shortcomings of others.

Also I would say to Doug we are already in full time ministry. God wants to give us every place where we place our foot. The entire scope of our lives is an oportunity of ministry. I own a business and daily people come across my path who I can pray for and minister to. Our life is ministry. Allow God to open doors and close doors.

The thing to remember is that when God puts something in your heart there is always a period of gestation. You need to allow God time to bring it to fulfillment. In the mean time your family needs to be provided for.

Also Carol, I have had to learn that even though my husband is the head, and mine isn't serving the Lord yet, I have had to learn to trust in God for everything. I look to my husband but at the same time I understand that nothing can touch me unless it goes through God's loving hands. He will never leave me or forsake me. He shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. It is just that, God is trustworthy. You don't have to fear for anything.

Mat 6:25 ¶ Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, [shall he] not much more [clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

This is what I believe. God will always be faithful to His children. You can cast all your care on Him for He careth for you.

Be encouraged dear brother and sister. Your love for each other is refreshing. That has wonderful potential. God can work with that.

Don't be discouraged your obvious desire for true holiness is sure to be rewarded. Your tender hearts towards God is a gift, treasure it.

Finally love each other. Refuse to have thoughts of divorce. This should never be an option to christians for any reason other than infidelity, even then forgiveness is better. Respect and reverence each other, even if you don't agree. Pray together about everything. Even your heart for transparency with each other is rare.

You are both a blessing. I will be praying for you.

2007/2/28 23:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Doug,
I just thought of something else you might want to consider...you want to be in ministry...but you said you have worked at trucking. Why do you not do both? You can make copies - CDs or tapes - of inspiring sermons and place them in truck stops where truckers can pick them up for free? There is a man in Dayton, VA who has a ministry who does nothing but this, recycling cassette tapes, recording sermons on them. Truckers will stop by, picking them up by the hundreds and leaving them at truck stops down the road for other truckers to pick up. If you want more info, you can pm me and I will be happy to give you that info.

ginnyrose

2007/3/1 0:19Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Praise the Lord! While I am not through the woods, and ask that you continue to remember me in your prayers, I am greatly encouraged tonight.

First, may God richly bless each and every one of you who prayed and responded with such godly love, encouragement and wisdom. There is not a single post that did not minister to my heart enormously. Thank you so much. I have tears in my eyes again, well at least one. This time not from pain but from thanksgiving.

I Came home from church this evening encouraged greatly. Two brothers picked up on my despondancy and asked if they could pray with me. It is very encouraging to have real live relationships developing slowly but surely within the local church I attend. The study this evening must have been hand picked by the Holy Spirit just for me. It still amazes me how timely a word can be! The bottom line of tonights teaching was to never give up.

When I arrived home I found my wife just finishing up the previous post. She was unsure about submitting it and asked me to read it. I felt it was quite accurate and asked her to post it. We talked and I told her I was feeling some direction about the income issue. Now I must follow through on His leading. The bottom line is I won't be leaving any time soon as long as I do follow through. Part of that leading involves going to homes for sale by owner and asking for their business in a particular manner that I believe is from the Lord. Please pray that I would have the boldness to do so. Part of the approach is to speak plainly about my faith, making mention of the 'golden rule' and therefore have rejected the typical sales approach.

Please continue to pray for my wife. She needs so much healing and encouragement. If you would like to respond to her post I encourage you to do so here on this thread and I'll make sure she sees it. Does anyone know if two seperate user names can be used from the same computer? If so she may join on her own. She is certainly open to this type of fellowship.

In closing I want to address the issue of my church. While I don't connect well with my pastor, I have the utmost respect for him as a leader. He is a man devoted to the Lord and to His truth as revealed in the Word. His hearts desire is for revival. I made mention of my frustration with the lukewarmness of the saints there. Most of these brothers and sisters love the Lord with all their heart. They may not exhibit the outward fire I long for, but they are well grounded in the Word and have a maturity born out of sitting under solid bible teaching. This body is without doubt the one I am called to call home.

[color=009933]Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.[/color]

With incredible thanksgiving to God and His saints,

Doug

2007/3/1 0:21Profile
brokenvessel

Re:

Dear Doug and Carol,

My bother, my sister, have travelled down that road for around 18yrs albeit the scenery changes slightly and looking back( something that the Lord has brought me to do these past few days), I stand in awe of Him and say, "Grace, grace, it's all of grace" and fall before Him weeping.

And 2 days back, the Lord led me to meditate on these verses which I am still doing and it's speaking volumnes to me. These words are now written on the table of my heart.

Psalms19:12-14
Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse thou me from secret faults

Keep back thy servant from presumptous sins;
let them not have dominion over me:
then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.

I pray for rivers of living water to flow out of your belly, for with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
(Isaiah 12:1-6)
And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, decalre his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Loving you in Him and watching with Him in pray for you.

your sister,
ling

2007/3/1 0:23Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, maybe i am one of the people in the church that make others aghast. i have been saved for over 40 yrs and filled with His spirit about the same. i trust the finished work of Jesus on the cross for my salvation,sanctification, and glorification ONLY. i have been in and out of ministry for decades and i am working out my OWN salvation.it is Gods church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. i find great joy in the fact that Jesus bled and died for me personnally.therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation and in that day shall you say praise the Lord. rejoice evermore for this is the will of God for you. the joy of the Lord is your strength.brother len and i would weep over the lost in prayer but never lost the real meaning of the empty tomb... life...zoe life. He is a covenant keeper,maker and cutter and we are the always undesrving partners. paul made tents, peter fished len was a tailor. be encouraged for the greatest weapon of satan is the grey shapeless object... discouagement. jimp

2007/3/1 2:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy