SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello Everyone!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say hi to all the existing members. I just stumled on the site a couple days ago doing a search for AW Tozer sermons. I wasn't expecting to find any audio but tada! lo and behold I find that there is! :-D

My real name is Kevin, I'm 47, happily married to the most wonderful Christian woman (she puts me to shame sometimes). I have been a believer on the Lord Jesus since the age of 16 and a committed Christian since the age of 20. I have been in and out of most major denominations and some not so major and non-denoms as well. I'm a seeker for the fullness of Christ! I'm still looking! :-) I was raised Roman Catholic but came to a saving knowledge of Christ through the preaching of an Evangelical Free Church pastor. I backslid for a few years and at the age of 20 recommitted my life and have pursued Christ since. I came among the Baptists and was water baptized. Involvement in a Bill Bright campaign led me into the charismatic movement. I was among several non-denoms and many denoms like the Assemblies of God, Church of God, UPC etc. then I was introduced to the Word of Faith(WOF) teachings of Kenneth Copeland and Kenneth Hagin. As a result I moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma to go to Bible school. I did not attend Rhema Bible Training School but a smaller charismatic school that was less expensive. I was on staff at a church there which has grown to be the largest church in Tulsa today. This was an eye opening experience as to the Word of Faith teachers themselves. I was disillusioned and started seeking the Lord for more fullness. While working at a Christian bookstore I was intoduced to the writings of T.Austin-Sparks, Watchman Nee, Devern Fromke and Jessie Penn-Lewis. At first these authors were very hard for me to grasp with my Word Of Faith mindset and glasses on. I put them down for a year and started a church that met in my home. We grew from about 4 to 25 over a 2 year period. During a time of deep soul searching the Lord led me to read Devern Fronke's book "No Other Foundation" which deals with what "true" ministry is. I cried my way through the book. Broken and ready to recieve from the Lord what he would have I once again read what T. Austin-Sparks and Watchman Nee books I had. It was like the windows of heaven had opened! I can't say that I left all my Word of Faith teachings immediately but I can say that all I had was built on a faulty foundation and the walls came tumbling down! This was a good thing! Devastating but good! Over time as I prayed and sought the Lord I was able to salvage some of the mess the WOF doctrines had left me with. A pastor friend of mine from Tulsa had told me that if I liked brother Sparks I would probably like books by C.A. Coates and J.B Stoney. He gave an address in England where I sent off for all their ministry. He was right! I was impressed. I ordered everything from their catalogue eventually. These brothers were part of a group known as the "Plymouth Brethren". I took great interest in Brethren ministry and have collected hundreds of their books over the last 20 years. Until 10 years ago I never lived in an area where I could actually attend a Brethren meeting. I found out about a meeting close to where I was living in the Dallas, Texas area and started to attend. My wife and I moved closer to the town where the meetings were and came into "fellowship" with them. It was a hard time. My wife's job required her to travel alot and we were unable to make ends meet on my salesman salary. She met another man and asked for a divorce. This made it very difficukt to stay among the brethren. There is a certain amount of spoken and unspoken reproach when you fail their expectations so I left them. I attended nowhere for the next two years seeking the Lord's mind. I met my current wife who attended a Bible church in town and we were soon married and attending there but I was never really comfortable with it. I suggested we go to the Brethren meeting. We did and remained there in fellowship for the last 7 years. I have recently left the meeting for reasons too many and too long to discuss here. We still love and value everyone at the meetings but we are now viewed as apostates. Anyway, that is my spiritual history in a capsule.

I read alot of ministry and love to talk about the Lord's things. If anyone ever wants to chat with me download MSN messenger and PM me. My address is [email protected] . I think that's all I can say for now! :-D :-D :-D

2003/7/23 10:39
Jason

Re: Hello Everyone!

If you've read and like those men, I suggest you listen to and read George H. Warnock. He will bless you immensely. I feel you on the "apostate" bit ... I have experienced a little piece of that.

Great to see another Keith Green/2nd Chapter fan (I was listening to "How the West Was One" in my car yesterday). I also love Phil Keaggy's music.

2003/7/23 13:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

Welcome Kevin,

Your fellowship here is much appreciated.

Quote:
While working at a Christian bookstore I was intoduced to the writings of T.Austin-Sparks, Watchman Nee, Devern Fromke and Jessie Penn-Lewis.

Awesome some of these speakers have really changed my life most notably: Watchman Nee! :-D

I hope to see you on the forums and I look forward to chatting with you again brother, God Bless! ;-)

2003/7/23 13:57Profile
Simpsonfan

California

HEy Kev, U the man, U the man u the man. Hey Kev, u failes to tell all them folks that you like the Hit show JAG :) :) Glenn

2003/7/24 1:36Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: welcome Kevin

Glad to see you have found this site, sorry about the negative feedback from other members, generally you never see that on this site - - to me its always been encouraging here. I encourage you to continue to dig your own well, because your salvation is your own......

2003/7/24 9:51Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us! My MSN name is Ahote, but I don't use MSN Messenger very often because most of my friends are on Yahoo. Does anyone else here have Yahoo Messenger?

I'm about to reinstall one of those multimessengers so I can keep in touch with all my friends on AOL, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo at the same time.

If you like AW Tozer check out Leonard Ravenhill, Jacob Aranza and Winkie Pratney sometime. They were really big Tozer fans. Have a blessed day!

2003/7/24 10:36Profile
Simpsonfan

California

All righht all, Ktrek and I have been friends for a while now. I was just picking on him. Trust me he needs it. LOL HE is a bad man. :) :) :) glenn

2003/7/24 14:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy