SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jesus' remains found!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: the wise

"He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong." [b]Job 5:13[/b]

Good morning everyone.

Sometimes I've wondered how so many of the wise, so many of the mighty, of the rich and powerfull and the intelligent of this world can miss what we all so cleary see. It's like this fake-license plate type thing that my wife and I have which I think we got right around the time of our converion. Around the edges it reads

Can you see?

Do you believe?

and in the center the name of Jesus is printed in such a way that your mind has to distinguish between the overall pattern and the name of Jesus within it, in order to see it. Once you do this it becomes easy to see and you can recognise it all the time.

Paul qoutes this verse above after he says

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise."

I think this is an amazing thing, the way God has choosen to reveal His wisdom in the world. And sobering too, something to give us reason to give pause, and to be so very very thankfull that God would open our eyes.

For elsewhere he says

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

and

"Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?"

for [i]...in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God...[/i]

and then our Lord Jesus, He said

[b][color=660033] I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.[/color][/b]

Ohh God, this being so...may I always be a babe. Help me God, to be humble, even foolish if need be, that I may become wise in You.

2007/3/4 8:23Profile
apencil

Re:

[b]You're right on! Thanks.[/b]

Quote:

2007/3/4 11:35Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

saved_matt wrote:

13. Jesus is never referred to as “The son of Joseph” in early Christian witness. That is the inscription on the casket.

That's right! He wasn't known as the "son of Joseph." He was the Son of God!

:-)

2007/3/4 12:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy