SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Homeschool family told to give up 5 other kids

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Homeschool family told to give up 5 other kids

Here is another news item that should give godly parents cause for concern:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54425

ginnyrose

2007/2/25 13:33Profile
PassingThru

Re: Homeschool family told to give up 5 other kids

Ginnyrose

It's "strange" that a a government that allows people "freedom of choice" when it comes to aborting a child, won't allow them the same freedom of choice on raising their children once born - to the point of kidnapping them.

Humanism, with it's hypocritical mandate "Thou must not offend thy fellow man's feelings (unless he is righteous)", doesn't mind brutally interfering in parents beliefs on how *THEIR* children should be brought up. We should remember that the pro-abortion state, didn't want these children to exist in the first place.

The investment against children's spiritual health is enormous, and not without reason. Once the next generation has been brainwashed via new-age schooling, sick video games, cartoons, films and toys, the rest is easy - They just have to wait for (or accelerate) the deaths of the older, "un-cooperative" elements of society.

PassingThru

2007/2/25 16:13Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Homeschool family told to give up 5 other kids

I have posted a note to the german embassador in Washington from the sites web form expressing my concern in this issue. However when you really think about it, even in the US and Canada, your RIGHTS are very limited. For the most part, I believe our human rights here, are really just smoke and mirrors, and will disappear in a moment at the governments whim.
Blessings Greg :-o

2007/2/25 17:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I got the following email today:

Anti-Spanking Bill Introduced in Assembly
Media falsely reporting spanking ban abandoned
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Feb. 28 /Christian Newswire/ -- Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (D- Mountain View) has, as promised, introduced a bill to ban parents from using physical force in disciplining their children.

AB 755 bans parents from using spanking as discipline for misbehavior.

According to the bill, a parent who spanks their child will be placed on probation for 4 years, would be forced to attend a “nonviolent parental education class” and the child would receive a criminal court protective order “protecting the victim from further acts of violence.”

“Media outlets are falsely reporting that the spanking ban has been dropped. In fact, the bill is still a ban on spanking,” stated Karen England, Executive Director of Capitol Resource Institute.

“Assemblywoman Lieber has claimed that she is no longer going to ban ‘spanking’. This is mere semantics as AB 755 on its face bans the use of force in disciplining a child.

This is a tactic often used by politicians to make their legislation seem benign when in fact it is still just as bad.”

“Parents often use a wooden spoon or ruler to spank their children. This legislation actually bans the use of ‘a stick, a rod, a switch, a belt’—tools often used by responsible parents in spanking disobedient children,” explained England. “As a parent, I am angered that the government is declaring my disobedient child “a victim” and intervening in the raising of my children.”

“AB 755 creates a ‘rebuttable presumption’ that when parents discipline their children, they are abusers,” explained Meredith Turney, Legislative Liaison for Capitol Resource Institute. “The government is basically telling parents that when they use responsible discipline in training their children, they are the criminals. Discipline is used to protect children from disobedient behavior that could harm them. It is appalling that the government is treating parents like criminals when there are dangerous sexual predators on our streets.”

“Assemblywoman Lieber is purposely misleading the citizens of California when she claims to have ‘abandoned’ the spanking ban. And the media have become her accomplices in this deception,” stated England. “Make no mistake, AB 755 is a serious attack on parental authority. We call on every responsible parent in California to contact their legislator and urge them to vote against AB 755.”

Read AB 755

Christian Newswire

Actually, I experience real sorrow and grief for the godly parents today who have small children. This is so different from what it was like when our children were small.

ginnyrose

2007/2/25 18:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy