SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : purgatory and god is from temon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coolcap2007

purgatory and god is from temon

the bible in habbukuk says god came from teamon..a muslim said that jesus isnt the christ cus that book says he comes from teamon....also i dont know about purgatory sometimes because some catholics show scripture from the bible that really sounds like it might really be true...for example matthew chapter 18:34-35... that one really confuses me about purgatory being real.....but this website also gives alot on purgatory in the bible http://members.cox.net/sfobro/purga.html and then why did they take maccabees out of the bible

2007/2/22 19:00Profile
staff

Re: purgatory and god is from temon

When Jesus Was on the cross he said to one of the prisoners on the other cross"today you will be with me in paradise" however later after he died and rose and appeared to "Mary he said touch my not for I have not yet ascended"
Where was he in the mean time between the crucifixtion and appearing to Mary?We know the answer:IN PARADISE
That leads us to the question Where is Paradise because it isnt heaven because Jesus hadnt yet ascended to heaven.
The anwswer I believe is A place called "Abrahams Bosom"
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Abrahams bosom was a place for old testament saints.
What has this to do with purgatory?Well only that before Christs death for our sins it wasnt as straight forward as it is now.The access to heaven
has been bought for us by Christ.There was a place called paradise but there is no place called purgatory.Christ died for our sins once and for all.
No punishment we could endure can buy our freedom from sin.Even if Purgatory existed which it doesnt the only way to get out of it would be to accept Christs death on the cross.Only Christs death and sheding of blood for our sins and our acceptance of this can get us to heaven.Purgatory is totally against the teaching of the bible on sin and grace.
Rgds Staff

2007/2/22 19:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy