SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Witnessing Stories

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Provost

Witnessing Stories

I just thought maybe we could share witnessing stories.
The last two days have been really really good. I have been able to share with people and literature pretty smoothly.
Last weekend though was horrible. Decided to go to the mall just to go and pray or share with people. I sounded like a goon..prayed for a lady that said she had no idea what I was talking about at the end. I left and went to a coffee shop...same thing happened when I asked someone if I could pray with them...
It was sad. I did give some Bibles and tracks away...but man all in all (at least from the seen side) sad day. It's good though I figure if ya never screwed up you would lose humility right? :-(
God bless y'all

2007/2/22 14:42Profile

Re: Witnessing Stories

Provost,

My fiancee and I have been sharing our faith and handing out a paper that we recieved from a fellow church member. I am in Korea, so I need her to translate for me.

I gave away my first bible that I bought in Canada, to an English teacher (my first and only KJV) here a couple months ago. Then we gave the bible that I bought my fiancee away last week to a kid in a Salvation Army church we attended while visiting her grandmother.

Personally, I love giving bibles away, but I do not have money or the resources to be doing that all the time. I hope to one day.

I have a question about 'tracks'. What are they exactly? I have burned some cds and gave them to muslims, but they were specifically talking about 'ministering to muslims'. Are there certain 'tracks' or is that my own preference as to what is good to give out?

I am a little confused. I have a slow cd burner, but I would be happy to burn off a bunch of cds and hand them out.

Let me know how you approach this.

I would like to do more, especially since I am limited with communication by a language barrier. It will not stop me, but I would like to try other methods as well.

God Bless and thank you,
BrianMira

2007/2/22 21:30
kerrylou

Australia

Re: Witnessing Stories

Hi,

I was 13 and, as a youth group we decided to go door to door witnessing. It was a blessing to be teamed up with the pastor that night! We went to a retirement village and he said, "we'll start in the middle. I'll go left and you go right." No problem (except that I was scared out of my wits)!

The second door I knocked on I could see the television on through the frosted pane on the front door. Determined not to miss the opportunity of witnessing I knocked till the old gent answered. Boy, did I get ticked off! Didn't I know that old people needed their sleep? What was wrong with young people these days (1973)? As I say, I was blessed to be with the pastor who came to my rescue. I went with him after that. An old lady invited us in for tea and had a nice chat but no conversion.

We left there and went to a block of units. The first door we knocked on a gentleman wearing a party hat opened the door and welcomed us, "Come in! Come in!"

"Uh... We're here to share with you the good news of Jesus Christ," I began.

"Oh? No we don't want any of that," he said and promptly shut the door in our faces.

Not an altogether successful night, wouldn't you say?

Love,

Kerry

2007/3/12 5:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy