SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : " WHY SHOULD WE AS CHRISTIANS - FEAR GOD " ??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Fear of God

Quote:

This fear is not the same as fear of something bad is going to happen to you. Rather it is a deep Reverence for God.

When Jesus spoke of fearing God who is able to destroy both body and soul in hell, He was referring to a different type of fear, fear and dread.

God doesn't want us to be shaking in our shoes, else how shall we come into the throne room of grace with boldness?

If you are afraid of someone, YOU WILL NEVER GET TO KNOW THEM. Fear hath torment, however, perfect love casteth out fear.

Amen and Amen!

I do hate the mistranslation of the word fear, when it is 'reverential trust'.

Blessings,

2007/3/19 5:52Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Fear of God?

Nay, rather that revering the Most High is sweeter to me, yea sweeter than honey to my mouth. And to lean on Him, and trust in Him, is all my desire, for in Him I am satisfied.

Blessings,

2007/3/19 6:05Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

NAY RATHER: HAVE YOU NEVER READ THIS FROM HEBREWS

Let us serve God acceptably with reverence and Godly fear. ( Hebrews chapter twelve )

The author of Hebrews ~~ clearly and definitively seperating both [reverence] from - that of [Godly fear] !! Their similiar [true] but both are taught !

Moses was indeed right: That his FEAR

Might be on our faces - that we ( sin not )

The word of faith teachers years ago at their renowned believers conventions ~~ always use to water this down in a like manner. ( and how )?

By substituting the word "reverence" for "fear" in "most" of their sermons.

And well now -- look at their fruits

Many of them in [non] returnable and not - reversible heresy

Due to their stubborn and obstinate spirit.

Like the fathers of old - did- so do they ~~ ( that is the false teachers and the like ~~ heretics etc )

Always resisting the holy ghost, uncircumcised in both ears and in heart ( ye stiff necked )

:-? :-?

2007/3/20 20:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy