SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : When grandmas go to jail for witnessing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 When grandmas go to jail for witnessing

[b]When grandmas go to jail for witnessing[/b]

Arrested for sharing the Gospel? Yep. Arlene Elshinnawy, a 75-year-old grandmother of three, and Lynda Beckman, a 70-year-old grandmother of 10 (along with nine others), were arrested for sharing their faith on the public sidewalk in Philadelphia, Pa., USA. They faced 47 years (the rest of their lives) in jail for spreading the Gospel because of a Pennsylvania "hate crimes" law that is nearly identical to H.R. 254 – the "hate crimes" bill reintroduced in Congress and said to be on the "fast track" in the House Judiciary Committee. This is the same bill that previously passed both the House and Senate and was killed only because of Republican leadership opposition in conference – something we no longer have.

Don't believe hate crimes will silence your freedom of speech and freedom of religion? Think again. ...

from: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54125

2007/2/22 2:22Profile
jordanamo

Re: When grandmas go to jail for witnessing

What?!?! 47 years?!?!?!?!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

2007/2/22 3:15Profile
jordanamo

What I REALLY want to know is what exactly the "Grandmothers" were.. preaching? Is there any site that shows this or whatever? This seems totally absurd...

Jordan

2007/2/22 3:20Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

well its not far away, soon we cant preach against certain sins because so many people get offended by that, soon we wont be able to preach there is only one way to heaven because other "religions" get offended by that... is anyone else seeing that development? the only "Christianity" that is accepted is the one running hand in hand whit the world... but anyway .... real Christianity wasn't ever to popular....not the Christianity i find in the bible... this is the last days.... i think they are going to be a lot like the days of the first generation of christians....

2007/2/22 6:05Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

This is happening more and more. I read a lengthy article about how HR 254 has affected others in other countries as well as in our country due to state laws and couldn't believe some of the things that have happened in America. And the unbelievable part was how anti Christian groups could do much worse and nothing happen. Times are changing dear ones but... God's Word does not change-- Praise Him!!

2007/2/22 8:56Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

This is so eye opening. We need to understand that we are about to understand more fully what Pastor Yun " The Heavenly Man", experienced in his life. Will we pay the price? Will we compromise? We need to use this very article to check our own hearts to see what we are willing to give up. It is real easy for me to say, sitting in front of my computer in my comfortable office chair, that given the choice I would go to jail rather than do community service in a islamic facility. But when my nose is rubbed in it, would I. I hope I would sit in jail, but I don't know my own heart. I pray we will really seek God to reveal our inner most fears and come to know that perfect love casts out fear.

2007/2/22 10:43Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i saw bro Yun preaching, but it was another man there who said.... the cross in china may look different then the one here...but its weight should be the same on your shoulders as on the Chinese mans....

thats a true and hard statement

2007/2/22 10:53Profile

Re:

They may as well start building bigger prisons.

2007/2/22 11:30
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:

They may as well start building bigger prisons.

And smaller church's. :-?

Sadly I would guess most of "american christianity" would disapear if this type of thing happened.

2007/2/22 11:49Profile
jamezosn

Mexico City

Re:

Amazing, grandmas witnessing get 47 years in prison, and child molesters on many occasions only 6 months... God help us

2007/2/22 12:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy