SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
20 Years SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I'm getting married!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: I'm getting married!

Chris,

You sound like you know what you are doing - you've gotten your education, you've known each other long enough to know the good and the bad.

One key to follow other than all the advice in the bible. Date your wife. Bring the flowers occasionally. Remember her Birthday, Your Anniversary, Valentines Day, and Mother's Day, when you get that far. When you can afford it, diamonds are always acceptable. Never stop being her boyfriend and her lover when you become her husband. Apologize occasionally when she is wrong.

Yeah, it's only one day away, and you are probably scared and excited. You won't read this until you are back from wherever you do go on your honeymoon.

I loved being married to my husband. I have terrific memories before the results to me of a car accident chased him away. 13 great years.

But I know what I missed, and would have made him, in my eyes, for the thirteen years we did have, the perfect husband. (He wasn't a Christian - that was my mistake - and he didn't think his vows mattered when I had changed.)

I know what your girlfriend might say...those things aren't important. She may even mean it.

Don't believe her! Even when you're broke, a handful of daisies or carnations can remind her, and you, of all you are to each other.

Forgive the advice.

Many blessings on your marriage.

2007/3/9 3:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi UniqueWebRev...

Thank you for the advice! I am very excited about tomorrow! We are trying to have a simple yet poignant ceremony, with about 120-150 close friends and family members. Most of my family had to fly in from various parts of the country, and I was blessed that some extended relatives made the trip from a great distance!

Our amateur photographer actually cancelled on us just last week. We were extremely disappointed. As you can imagine, Mireya and our parents were much more disappointed than I was. As an answer to our prayers, we were able to find a much more accomplished photographer at a far better price!

If you can, please pray for us today and tomorrow. We had planned a very simple ceremony, but it grew a little larger than we actually wanted. As you can imagine, the cost of a wedding is phenominal. Thus, we request prayer for our finances -- particularly as we begin this life together.

Our wedding begins tomorrow at 4:00 P.M., so we will certainly need God's grace at that time. Our wedding supper follows immediately thereafter. From there, we will depart to Corpus Christi and spend the night. Then we will leave for Galveston for our cruise (between the 11th and the 18th). We hope to fellowship at a Church in Galveston before we get on our cruise ship (at 2 P.M.).

Thank you so much for your care! This family at SermonIndex means quite a bit to both of us. Please keep us in your prayers!

:-)

*I have prayerfully recorded several MP3s of sermons that I saved from this website. We hope to listen to at least one of these messages each night.

2007/3/9 12:38Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello Brethren...!

I am about to leave to the Church building for the wedding. I will be getting married today at 4:00 P.M. (Central). Please keep us in your prayers!

The Lord bless you exceedingly!

2007/3/10 13:43Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: I'm getting married!

Chris, I am so happy for you! We've been casually following each other's lives for some time now, keeping in touch, and I remember your well wishes and prayers when my husband and I were first married. I pass on the same to you now -- may you both have the Lord's joy, guidance, and patience for the rest of your lives together. May conflicts be resolved in a Christ-like manner, may your children model and even surpass your own faith, and may God's will always take precedence over your own. God bless you and Mireya!

2007/3/10 17:07Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

Congratulations. :)

2007/3/10 18:00Profile

Re:

Good Job buddy!!!

My fiancee and I were trying to figure out what to put on our invitation cards and I thought about the verse...

Mark 10: 6-9 6But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

May God Bless You Both
Brian and Mira

2007/3/14 3:48
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Chris's marriage

Congratuations Chris. I will pray for you. I like your homepage. I will check it out more soon.

Love each other hard :-)

2007/3/14 9:02Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello Brethren!

Mireya and I returned from our honeymoon last night! It was a wonderful time.

I wanted to extend my gratitude for your prayers and words of encouragement. The wedding went very well. We had a small, simple wedding (only about 120 RSVPed people). We prayed over every action, every tradition, every word, every hymn and every song. The wedding covenant ceremony and wedding supper went well.

Our honeymoon consisted of a cruise from Galveston to Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Tulum. It was a lovely trip with my bride! We were able to go parasailing, helmet diving, and on an excursion through the jungles of the Yucatan. We took lots of photographs of the fish, flowers, sunsets, etc... The highlight of our trip was to pray and read the Word as we watched the sunrises and sunsets!

Once again, thank you for your prayers. Please pray for us as we begin our life together. We have several important decisions to make in the near future, and we will need the Lord's direction for it all.

2007/3/22 14:37Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Ah, Married Life

Chris & Mireya,

Blessings on your beginnings, and my prayers for your wise choices and complete happiness with God.

May He be with you always,

2007/3/23 7:18Profile
holyroller10

Re:

may peace fill your house,joy fill your life and may God bless everything you do,this is my prayer for you.(song by Maranatha).In His will is is our peace,though His will is not necessarily peaceful.

2007/3/23 17:44Profile

©2002-2022 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy