Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 "Choice" Prayer Quotes

"Prayer requires more of the heart than of the tongue." -John Clarke

"The Lord is far from the wicked but hears the prayer of the righteous." - Proverbs 15:29

"Trouble and perplexity drive me to prayer, and prayer drives away perplexity and trouble." - Philip Melanchthen

"It is not enough to begin to pray, nor to pray aright; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray; but we must patiently, belivingly, continue tin prayer until we obtain an answer: and further we have not only to coninue in prayer unto the end, but we have also to believe that God does hear us, and will answer our prayers, Most frequently we fail in not continuing in prayer until the blessing is obtained and in not expecting the blessing."
- George Muller

"To the man who prays habitually (not only when he feels like it- that is one of the snares of religion- but also when he does not feel like it) Christ is sure to make himself real." -James Stewart

"We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties." -Oswald Chambers

"A godly man is a praying man. As soon as grace is poured in, prayer is poured out. Prayer is the soul's traffic with Heaven; God comes down to us by his Spirit, and we go up to him by prayer." -T. Watson

"The reason why we obtain no more in prayer is because we expect no more. God usually answers us according to our own hearts." - Richard Alleine

"The strength of your prayer lies in your faith in the promise which you pleaded before the Lord." - C.H. Spurgeon

"God is not a cosmic bell-boy for whom we can press a button to get things." -H.E. Fosdick

"We cannot ask in behalf of Christ what Christ would not ask himself if he were praying." -A.B. Simpson

"Each time, before you intercede, be quiet first, and worship God in his glory. Think of what he can do, and how he delights to hear the prayers of his redeemed people. Think of your place and priviledge in Christ, and expect great things!" - Andrew Murray

"There is no way that Christians, in a private capacity, can do so much to promote the work of God and advance the kingdom of Christ as by prayer." - Jonathan Edwards

2007/2/18 21:34Profile

Re: "Choice" Prayer Quotes

"We must not be contented however with praying, without exerting ourselves in the use of means for the obtaining of those things we pray for." - William Carey

2007/2/18 23:23
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

"A man is what he is on his knees before God, and nothing more"

ROBERT MURRAY M'CHEYNE

2007/2/19 1:40Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: "Choice" Prayer Quotes

Prayer is a sincere, sensible, affectionate pouring out of the heart or soul to God, through Christ, in the strength and assistance of the Holy Spirit, for such things as God has promised, or according to his Word, for the good of the church, with submission in faith to the will of God.

John Bunyan

2007/2/19 2:22Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re:

We cannot build a strong Christian character without making room in our lives for secret
prayer; for every thing pertaining to holy living is received by prayer and supplication.

-- T M Anderson

No sham praying was that of Elijah, no mere performance, no spiritless, soulless, official
praying was it. Elijah was in Elijah's praying. The whole man, with all his fiery forces, was in it. Almighty God to him was real. Prayer to him was the means of projecting God in full force on the world, in order to vindicate his name, establish his own being, to avenge his blasphemed name and violated law and to vindicate his servants...
...Elijah's praying was strong, insistent, and resistless in its elements of power. Feeble
praying secures no results and brings neither glory to God nor good to man.
-- E M Bounds

What the Church needs to-day is not more machinery or better, not new organizations or
more and novel methods, but men whom the Holy Ghost can use -- men of prayer, men mighty in
prayer. The Holy Ghost does not flow through methods, but through men. He does not come on
machinery, but on men. He does not anoint plans, but men -- men of prayer.
-- E M Bounds

"Oh, Lord, give me a back-bone as big as a saw log, and ribs like the sleepers under the church floor; put iron shoes on me, and galvanized breeches. And give me a rhinoceros hide for a
skin, and hang a wagon load of determination up in the gable-end of my soul, and help me to sign
the contract to fight the devil as long as I've got a fist, and bite him as long as I've got a tooth and then gum him till I die. All this I ask for Christ's sake. AMEN."
(Uncle Bud Robinson's Daily Prayer)

2007/2/19 3:38Profile
xMicahx

NC

Re:

Prayer is a wonderful power placed by Almighty God in the hands of his saints, which may be used to accomplish great purposes and to achieve unusual results.

-E.M. Bounds

2007/2/19 10:37Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re:

I really like the following quote on prayer. I am not aware of its origin.

"Prayer without watching is hypocrisy, and watching without prayer is presumption."

--preacheraflame

2007/2/19 21:53Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

"The truths that I know best I have learned
on my knees. I never know a thing well, till
it is burned into my heart by prayer."
-John Bunyan

2007/2/20 15:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

There is no college for holy education like that of the blessed
Spirit, for he is an ever-present tutor, to whom we have only to
bend the knee, and he is at our side, the great expositor of truth.

spurgeon

2007/2/20 15:04Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Prayer will make a man cease from sin; or
sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.

John Bunyan

2007/2/20 15:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy