SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : True Church Conference (Paul Washer)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 True Church Conference (Paul Washer)

[img]http://www.ait.fbcms.org/images/stories/TCC%20info%20page%20header.jpg[/img]

[b]Conference Details:[/b]
http://www.ait.fbcms.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=38

He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, You know."

EZEKIEL 37:3

It seems the church has been taken over by an alien. This enemy has commandeered the church to fulfill his own desires!

Who is this invading enemy? It is man! And he has brought into the church his lust for worldly satisfaction and pleasure. The church has become man-centered instead of God-centered, and the focus is on felt needs instead of God's glory. These problems are not peripheral things.
I¹m convinced that the very heart and nature of the church and the Gospel are at stake. The great need of the hour is revival and reform that produces true churches where God is the center, the glory of God is the focus, and the Bible is the authoritative and sufficient manual.

At our first True Church Conference, we will dive deep into the glorious and mysterious doctrine of conversion. We will feast on the passionate expository preaching of God's Word. Also, attention will be given to the application of doctrine into the life of the local church — its theology and methodology.

The evangelical church has lost its theological moorings. I, for one, will not take this attack lying down! We must join together with the countless men of God down through the ages who loved the church and stood against the always encroaching man-centered doctrines which seek to turn the bride of Christ into a center for entertaining carnal men. As Charles Haddon Spurgeon once declared:

"The devil has seldom done a cleverer thing than hinting to the Church that part of their mission is to provide entertainment for the people, with a view to winning them...providing amusement for the people is nowhere spoken of in the Scriptures as a function of the Church...The need is biblical doctrine, so understood and felt that it sets men aflame."

Ultimately all that matters is the glory of God. And God has ordained that He will receive most glory through His bride, the church (Ephesians 3:21). Restoring sound doctrine concerning the nature of conversion is foundational to being a church that brings God the glory He deserves!

Striving with you to build "true" churches for His glory and our good!

Jeff Noblit
Senior Pastor-Teacher
First Baptist Church of Muscle Shoals, Alabama

----

[b]Download Conference Brochure[/b]
http://www.ait.fbcms.org/images/stories/True%20Church%20conf.pdf

Conference Location:

First Baptist Church of Muscle Shoals
1915 East Avalon Avenue
Muscle Shoals, AL 35661

256.381.7495 - www.fbcms.org

[b]Register Online[/b]
http://www.ait.fbcms.org/index.php?option=com_artforms&Itemid=42

2007/2/16 19:18Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re: True Church Conference (Paul Washer)

I'm so excited about this conference, which my church is putting together. . . I am praying for it every day, and the spiritual warfare has definitely begun.

There's a pastor who lives in another city who is paying for 15 other pastors in his town to attend the conference. That's so encouraging. . .

I would encourage everyone to pray & see if God would have you come to the conference! We would be blessed to have you.

2007/2/16 21:10Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: True Church Conference (Paul Washer)

Pastor Jeff Noblit was interviewed today by Ingrid Schlueter of Crosstalk.
Definitely a discussion that will bless the "hungry and thirsty" here at SI.
[url=http://64.13.218.251/shows/2007/02/striving_to_build_true_churche.php]Here is a link [/url] to where they discuss the upcoming conference and the need for Biblical Truth in today's "churches". Ingrid also "opens up the lines" and invites some folk to dialogue with the Pastor over the air-waves.... some great conversations.

Christ Jesus bless you all,
richie

2007/2/17 2:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b] Pastor Jeff Noblit interview[/b]
http://67.36.84.226/crosstalk/ct070216.mp3

What a great interview. May God send many hungry pastors to this conference that are "trapped" in seeker sensitive and post modern cultural ministries. We need God, we need biblical doctrine preached with burdened hearts.

I love this quote from the interview (about the topic of conversion):

"One of my favorite prayers that I beseech the Lord with constantly is: 'Lord, do in the hearts of people what no man can do.' we don't want this to be explainable as another creative clever approach by some charismatic big preacher or leader. We want powerful simple passionate doctrinal preaching, Christ centered, God glorifying where people will have to say and will be forced to say: 'God is doing that.'" -Jeff Noblit

May God be at work in His Church again nothing else will do!

2007/2/17 2:45Profile
roadsign

Re: Our Spiritual Armor

It is encouraging to see that there are many who seek to restore the church to Christ-centeredness!

One earlier statement caught my attention. Jeff Noblit said:

Quote:
Who is this invading enemy? It is man!

I believe that Scripture would say otherwise: For our struggle is not against [people made with] flesh and blood.. but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly “ Eph. 6: 12

That is a reminder that we do not pit ourselves against fellow man, but against the principalities in the heavenly realms. Our only armour, as described in Eph. 6:14 – 18 is our Lord himself- HIS truth, HIS righteousness, HIS peace, HIS salvation, HIS word, HIS Spirit.

"...put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Eph. 4:24

"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Col. 1:27

" Put on the whole armour of God." Eph. 6:11

"And having disarmed the powers and authorites, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Col. 2:15 Christ has defeated our enemy. Thus, we only need to STAND in Him, not attack. ‘Stand firm…”

It is often said: The only person you can change is yourself. May God plant his Spirit and Word deep in the hearts of those who attend the conference, so that they may be able to “take their stand against the devil’s schemes.”

Diane

2007/2/17 8:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy