Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Something to ponder

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I don't think will bother to read it (at least I won't.. just skimmed it)..

Jordan, this is to your disadvantage. Chris' post was exceptional.

2007/2/15 20:28Profile
Logic

Re: Something to ponder

I realy believe that Jesus wrote, if not the whole Ten Commandments, then No.# 7 You shall not commit adultery.
There are only 3 places where God wrote with His finger.
[b]1:[/b] Ten Commandments
[b]2:[/b] Daniel 5:25 MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
[b]3:[/b] John 8:6

These three times were either 1 law or 2 judgment, knowing that the law brings judgment, HE writing in the dirt, law to judge her.

She saw the law in the dirt and knew she was condemned.

He set her free while acknowlaging the Law. The Pharisees would have seen HIM writeing the law in the drit and knew that He understood the charge.
They seeing the law, were convicted of the law, writen in the dirt by HIS finger, and dropped their stones.

2007/2/15 23:14Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

I was thinking that Jesus wrote it down more for the accusers, not the woman, because after He wrote it then He said, he who is without sin cast the first stone (speaking to the accusers). Jesus stooped down again and continue writing, then the word says that her accusers were convicted and left (seeing that they also are guilty).

If it was the law He was writting down it would seem like He was more writting it for her accusers helping them see that their in sin too, and not just her. Plus, the law is for the proud. I believe she knew she was guilty. She got caught with adultry. Theres no hiding from that.

2007/2/16 1:50Profile
rod79

jerimiah!

i talked with an evangelist from corpus critie tx, and we were talking along the lines of the best bible school being on your knees, rather than being spoon fed a pre-prepared sermon in a seminary somewhere.

He said he pestered God for 6 months, asking him what he wrote in the ground, and he said The Lord revealed it to him. interesting huh? but you guys wouldnt want to know what it is because thats not the point of this thread :-P

2007/2/16 4:37Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re: jerimiah!

I have heard many times the sermon that says He wrote their sins in the sand.

However, I know a few men who have sought dilligently for the evidence of this, and it could not be found. It is an interesting supposistion though.

I have also heard it said that He did not need to write their sins, all he had to write, was the ten commandments. This is interesting as well.

However, given the nature of Christ, I believe that He was just scribbling, kind of like people do around a campfire. And while He was doing this, He let the Holy Spirit convict them until they could no longer remain there. I don't believe that He had to write anything.

The Sanhedran that He dealt with was the most wicked order of priests that had ever been, even to the point that they had two high priests, which was illegal according to the law. These were men who could have been convicted of almost any sin mentioned.

2007/2/16 12:52Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
Chris-- Can you skim your post? Jeez, it's over 3 pages! I know we can often times get busy writing a lot, but really, most people I don't think people will bother to read it (at least I won't.. just skimmed it)

Hi dear Jordan, how are you?

May I suggest with all my heart to read this his writing, believe me you will be blessed! Try to find the gems (in those long or short writings), finding the man's heart behind that, believe me, you will have profit for your soul. There are many mature in faith christians around here, from whom all we can be blessed by.

God bless you brother.

2007/2/16 13:16Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

Hi dear Jordan, how are you?

May I suggest with all my heart to read this his writing, believe me you will be blessed! Try to find the gems (in those long or short writings), finding the man's heart behind that, believe me, you will have profit for your soul. There are many mature in faith christians around here, from whom all we can be blessed by.

I'm fine thank you :-)

I know it was fine, that wasn't my contention... I just have a hard time reading long posts on forums like these... (if their not the first post/original poster.. cuz then that person has more "lee-way" to post long IMO) I tend to read slowly, and thus I don't enjoy coming across super-long posts in public forums.. that are not articles, and are just replies :-P

So I've just seen that people can sum stuff up and make it shorter.. not saying Chris should've I guess, I'm just saying, as a public forum, it does REALLY help when you do not make long posts, if you can help it. Sorta hard for me to explain, and I apologize if it appeared offensive or whatever... I'm sure Chris was just overcome and wrote a lot as the Spirit dictated or whatever... I've done similar, but mainly in emails. I just think it can keep the forum going on smoother if everyone tries to not post in such grandiosity :)

Jordan

2007/2/16 16:53Profile
rod79

Re:

this is what the evangelist said the Lord showed him.

Jerimiah 17:13
O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

he explained thier sin was worse than the womans, because they were commiting spiritual adultery rather than natural.i cabt quite remember the explanation.

i believe that what he wrote on the ground

2007/2/16 17:25Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The location of the event takes place adjacent to the treasury located in the Temple. The time of the event was the Feast of Tabernacles. This alone is significant to the Jews. Psalm 118 speaks of this.

In John 8:5

"Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do you say?"

First we have the introduction of the Covenant of Mount Sinai. We know from Scriptures that this law could not make anything perfect because it is based on the power of the flesh. This covenant was given as a tool to point those who would hear to Christ. The effect of this covenant kills.

The scribes and Pharisees sought to condemn Jesus by this law also.

At this moment Jesus began to write in the dirt...

"This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear."

I believe He was at that moment writing the 10 commandments.

This moment is like what Ray Comfort preaches about the Law...the Law convicts the soul, and prepares it for repentance...

"So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

"And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.

"Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one beginning with the oldest even to the last."

This is very important to understand what transpired here. We know according to Scripture that first each one was convicted by their own conscience and secondly we know that the first to be convicted was the oldest.

The governing body of the Temple and the nation was made up of seventy men. They were called the Sanhedrin. They were responsible for judging Israel and upholding the law. When they met to discuss a matter, the order of discussion always began with the youngest member of the Sanhedrin. It was thought that this would bring the most truth to the discussion. By having the youngest members speak first, these members would not be influenced by the elders of the group.

So going back to Scripture, we find that the eldest left first being convicted. I believe Jesus specifically wrote what each member of that group before Him was guilty of. You see Jesus always did things upside down. This precept we find thoughtout Scripture do we not?

So not one was left to accuse the woman caught in adultery. Each having had the Covenant of Mount Sinai accusing themselves of their own sin. For we know that all are convicted by the Covenant of Mount Sinai.

Then Jesus turns to the woman and confirms this precept by what He says...

"When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her. "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?"

"She said, "No one, Lord," And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

Do you see the affects of the covenant given on Mount Sinai...do you see that no one can condemn another because all are guilty.

Now focus on what Jesus finished saying to the woman..."go and sin no more." Is this not a command that she cannot keep? Is this not contradictory to what just happened? Now look to what Jesus then does.

"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Do you hear the promise given by the Messiah?

Remember this is the Feast of Tabernacles...read Psalms 116-119, what do you find?

Here Jesus stands before the crowd and states this promise..."I am the Light of this world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

What does Psalm 118 and 119 teach about where righteousness comes from?

Now the story is not over. Many will not proceed to hear what Jesus continues to teach those at the Temple. Read about the dispute between the priests and Himself.

Jesus tells the priest that if their father was God, they would love Him...Jesus. But their father is the devil. He states that if they love His Father they would do the works that Abraham did.

What does this mean? What works did Abraham do that were not done according to the Covenant given on Mount Sinai?

Why does Jesus point to Abraham and his children?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/2/17 11:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy