SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : All Christians should be vegetarians.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Matt,

genesis 1:29 is a command to abstain from animal flesh given to mankind before the fall from grace. we were only given permission to eat animals after the fall. so you could say that it is okay for those who prefer this later state to keep it up. (this is not to say that vegetarianism improves anyone's spiritual condition, but that God created us as vegetarians and that shouldn't be ignored.) Bub

PS. yes, i said God created us.. we agree on this, its just the details of how this happened that we differ upon.

2007/2/14 16:20
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
genesis 1:29 is a command to abstain from animal flesh given to mankind before the fall from grace. we were only given permission to eat animals after the fall. so you could say that it is okay for those who prefer this later state to keep it up. (this is not to say that vegetarianism improves anyone's spiritual condition, but that God created us as vegetarians and that shouldn't be ignored.) Bub

Jesus was not affected by the fall and he ate meat.

2007/2/14 16:29Profile

Re: All Christians should be vegetarians.

oh boy.

Bubba, between your command, and some of the other threads, which I'm not even gonna reference, all I gotta pray is this:

Lord, save me from your followers, in Jesus Name I pray , amen.

So maybe I should get rid of the 60 pounds of venison, 20 pounds of beef I have in the freezer.

wait, I got a great idea, lemme build a stone altar in the yard, defrost all my sinful meat, and make a burnt offering to God......oh wait, I don't have to: Jesus was the final offering.

Cmon, Bubba, in due respect, get real.

neil

2007/2/14 16:40

Re:

Quote:
PS. yes, i said God created us.. we agree on this, its just the details of how this happened that we differ upon.

I believe in the Big Bang Theory... you know...
[b][size=medium][color=FF0000]BANG!![/color][/size][/b] ... and He created stuff. (In 6 days too!)

Krispy

2007/2/14 16:47

Re:

Quote:
So maybe I should get rid of the 60 pounds of venison, 20 pounds of beef I have in the freezer.

Neil... have I told you lately that I love you??

Let me give you my mailing address... if you overnight that stuff it'll still be pretty frozen tomorrow.

Krispy

2007/2/14 16:48
myfirstLove

Re:

Bubba is mislead, but some of the comments here are uncalled for. It is ill humour that christians should not partake in.

Bubba came in here with a seriousness, believing seriously in what he stated. we should respond back with all seriosness leading him lovingly to the truth. When I said lovingly, I do not mean as the world, that is void of truth, but our motive should be filled with love desiring much for bubba to see.

2007/2/14 17:11Profile

Re:

krispy,

i grew up among avid hunting and fishing sportsmen and women in north dakota and minnesota and have respect for the responsible hunter/fisherman. they don't need some hardened soul to confine and feed animals unnaturally (feeding meat and offal to vegetarian cattle!?) in order to put food on the table.

my elder neighbor in minnesota when growing up, don horn, was a railroad man and avid hunter fisherman. always had a freezer full of venison and walleye that he'd caught and cleaned himself. loved the man and respect him and other naturalist hunter/fishers much.

but it's too easy to just pick up meat at the corner grocer, and people have lost touch with the process of putting meat on the table. the processes that put meat on the table today are sinful and are of great harm to those who partake of it, as well as others.

Christians are to love others and today the act of participating in the market for commercial meat is a voilation of this. it is to discount the rights of others.

Bub

2007/2/14 17:39
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Good point...

Quote:
Jesus was not affected by the fall and he ate meat.

...and Peter was commanded to "kill and eat" even [u]AFTER[/u] the resurrection. Acts 10:9-16

I understand the argument against "animal cruelty" in a sense that some torturous killing of animals as a means of preserving flavor might not be moral. Additionally, there are arguments concerning hunting as a sport versus hunting as a means of obtaining food. Regardless, I feel that raising LIVESTOCK is a very valid means of providing food to a large group (such as, uh, the United States).

The quote from Genesis might have been valid for the Garden of Eden (even though it is unclear as a possible command to [u]refrain[/u] from meat). Since we no longer live in the garden, we need the protein and sustenance to survive and thrive that comes from the eating of meat. After all, the Lord provided us teeth expressly designed for tearing flesh.

As for evidence that such consumption is destroying our planet, we should always be careful to avoid waste. Yet it seems to be a stretch to label meat-eaters as a cause of such destruction. A professor friend of mine is embarking on a mission to breed rabbits in third world nations. Rabbits could be a great source of protein in areas that are desperate for such nourishment. They are low maintenance, and are quite "fruitful." He has begun this project with the Tarahumara in the Sierra Madre Occidental, as well as in areas of Africa.

:-)

2007/2/14 17:48Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re:

Answers in Genesis has an excellent explanation of this whole matter. Go to:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/bad_things.asp

2007/2/14 17:54Profile
Compton

Re:

I like Krispy's Big Bang theory.

Not to jibe you Bubbaguy, but this thread reminded me of some hillbilly logic in response to vegetarians...

If the good Lord didn't intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make 'em out of meat?

....cased closed. ;-)

MC

2007/2/14 18:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy