SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Old Testament vs. New Testament

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Burn4Christ

Old Testament vs. New Testament

Looking for your thoughts and inputs on this subject. It seems to me that everytime you quote from the Old testament (these scriptures don't include the sacrificial law) about a "woe" or "caution" or "example" or "consequence" ect. ect. The first thing that comes from the recipient is "thats in the old testament", but the same person is quick to quote everything that is beneficiary to them from the old testament. Anyone else experience this at a high volume.

* Lord, make me litte and unkown, prized for thee and thee alone
* One life till soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last. And when I am dying how happy I shall be, if the lamp of my life was burned out for thee -leonard ravenhill-

2007/2/14 12:25Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Old Testament vs. New Testament

Quote:
...but the same person is quick to quote everything that is beneficiary to them from the old testament.

In that case they should be able to quote the entire old testament. It is ALL beneficiary.

And to answer your question...yes I have ran into this. People will do any and everything to avoid hearing what they do not want to hear.

God Bless

TJ

2007/2/14 13:13Profile
SONmind

Jacksonville, FL

Re: Old Testament vs. New Testament

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Eph 2:11 ¶ Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 ¶ For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us];

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 ¶ Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

If there is one thing that grieves me, it is the wholesale gross ignorance of the scriptures as a unified whole. This whole consists of the so-called Old & New Testaments. When are we Gentile believers in Jesus/Yeshua going to realize that GOD is most glorified when we recognize and embrace the existence of a 2000 year old supernatural race of people called the Church? Moreover, this race has been created spiritually by GOD himself consisting of Jew and Gentile together being made one new man in HIM.

Harold Dixon, Jr.

Quote:
Even so LORD, in Jesus name cause your Sons prayer in John 17 come to reality, Amen.

2007/2/14 14:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy