SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A ritual?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
w4tkn79

A ritual?

It sounds a nice analogy, you will want to. Sure that's true, but what do you say? It doesnt come natural to talk to people about Jesus, atleast not for me. Up until last year, I would maybe labour away and tell one or two people personally my faith over the course of a year. However looking back the message I would say would be based around issues of the intellect - Evolution, why are there so many world religions etc. Then a 'method' for lack of a better word was taught to me, I think pattern is a better term, that was shown to me in scripture and then I was no longer a bumbling fool firing blanks, my effectiveness was sharpened seeing the Biblical application of the Law. If you consider something like WOTM to be scripted, it seems a valid point, but let me ask you something have you used it yourself with atleast 10 people?

I did it with a guy from my church and we have the undevided attention of 14 teenagers on a street for half and hour. If there ever was an example for me to look back on to see 'the Law stopping a man from justifying himself' that was it for me. If your audience is done justifying himself, then when you explain the propitiation of Christ on a Cross for them, the gospel will be mroe effective. Then after you have dispersed the seed - the conviction is the Holy Spirit's role and only he can bring it.

Again, if you think its scripted, then take the elements you like - or should I say biblical - using the Law to bring the knowledge of sin - how you do that is up to you. I dont have an issue with it, just I may of been in a place a wee while ago where I would of dismissed something cause it appeared a ritual - i.e. we sung that song last week and it was great - lets sing it again this week. On some things year , like my example above, the merits of that are really weak, but going through a pre-prepared dicussion with someone, cause it helps me remember where I am in a dicussion, and where I need to go, is no different to me like when I drive my car - seat belt on, engine on, check mirrors, signal etc

If it helps me to be more effective and faithful to Jesus then I'm all for it.

2007/2/12 9:37Profile
w4tkn79

Re: A ritual?

I'm new here, this was meant to be a response to a conversation already in a thread - appologies.

2007/2/12 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy