SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wow!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Wow!

Listen to this quote by Keith Daniels, "You are as safe as you are soaked in God's Word."

What a powerful statement! As a family we are watching a video of Mr. Daniels and it is striking me over and over again how awesome God's Word is.

I'll paraphrase another quote, "The devil can't touch you if God's Word is your source of survival."

May we live and breath His Word!

Jordan

2007/2/11 13:20Profile

Re: Wow!

HomeFree89 says Keith Daniels said

Quote:
"The devil can't touch you if God's Word is your source of survival."

At risk of generalised wrath for a bit of an [i]Ahem[/i], here, actually, this is not what the scripture says.

Apart from [i]remember Job?[/i], here is the loved disciple:

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but [b]he that is begotten of God [u]keepeth himself[/u][/b], and that wicked one toucheth him not.

2007/2/11 13:31
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Hi Dorcas,

I guess I don't see that contradicting the verse from 1 John. You are keeping yourself by living off the Bible as your only source of strength. If you live that way you will be abiding in Christ alone and will not sin.

Jordan

2007/2/11 15:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Every Word

Luk 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

2007/2/11 15:48Profile
jordanamo

Quote:
"The devil can't touch you if God's Word is your source of survival."

I would have to see the context of the sermon to fully understand what he meant by that quote. Otherwise, it's simply impossible for us to understand what he meant, or what you meant by your response to it...

You paraphrased it. So we can't ever tell. Can you expand on what he meant by that, Jordan? :-)

(That is, was he referring to the Devil not being able to touch your flesh, or your spirit?)

Jordan

2007/2/11 16:29Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Man, do I need to learn how to communicate! Mr. Daniels was referring to your spirit. Maybe I should go back and watch that part again.

I belive he was trying to illustrate how when you desire and live God's Word, you will not fall for the devil's traps. You will see the traps for what they are because you are devouring the Bible and you are not trying to use your thinking.

Jordan

2007/2/11 16:51Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:
Man, do I need to learn how to communicate! Mr. Daniels was referring to your spirit. Maybe I should go back and watch that part again.

I believe he was trying to illustrate how when you desire and live God's Word, you will not fall for the devil's traps. You will see the traps for what they are because you are devouring the Bible and you are not trying to use your thinking.

OK then. It's been quite some time since I last listened to him, so I wasn't really sure.

Jordan

2007/2/11 17:06Profile

Hi Jordan (Two Jordans in one thread... is rather unusual!

Quote:
You are keeping yourself by living off the Bible as your only source of strength. If you live that way you will be abiding in Christ alone and will not sin.

I would like to rearrange these thoughts, because, sadly to some people, I have come into an appreciation of the scriptures late in my Christian life.

So, I'd put it this way.... If I am abiding in Christ, I will not sin, and, I will be reading and understanding my Bible.

Honestly, without the illumination of the Holy Spirit, I was really and truly at sea in the Bible - even on the simplest points. There was such a lot that did not connect in my brain. And God knew that, and chose to minister to me in other ways, to lead me to a knowledge of Himself.

OF COURSE, I NOW appreciate scripture tremendously and would hate to live without access to this treasure.

2007/2/12 16:08
Lotis

Re:

Man, you guys can pick anything apart. :-)

2007/2/12 18:33Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

Lotis wrote:
Man, you guys can pick anything apart. :-)

LOL! :-P

2007/2/12 18:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy