Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : EARTHEN VESSELS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DALCYJEDIDIAH

New York, Metropolitan Area

EARTHEN VESSELS

Earthen Vessels-Who we are in the House of God
“But we have this treasure on earthen vessels, that the excellent of the power maybe of GOD and not of us” (2 Corinthian 4:7)
God blessed my heart months ago, with this scripture. I want to share with you; about our position in Christ Jesus, as well in the house of the Lord. Let me explain first what “earthen vessels” means. The Greek word for earthen vessels means “Bake Clay” and refers to clay pots. They were cheap, breakable and replaceable, but they served for necessary household functions; sometimes they were used as a vault to store valuables, such as: money, jewelry, or important documents. But they were mostly use for holding garbage or human waste. Oh my! Some of you might say, hold on brethrens I will explain to you. First of all, remember, “God chooses the foolish of this world to confound the wise”
Let’s just look at the picture before continuing to the beginning of God’s first creation. Let’s go to (Genesis 1:26)
“ Then GOD said, “ let us make man in our image, according to our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth” so here we see that God created us on His image, and gave us authority to rule creation and everything in it, as you see this was the first command of GOD to be useful vessels in plan of salvation and kingdom. He made us out of the dust of the earth; we are earthen (Genesis 3:19).
Now going back to ( 2 Corinthians 7) as I was explaining saying that “Baked clays” they were Cheap, Breakable, and replaceable. Well let me explain each one of them in details.
CHEAP: Humbleness, knowing we are nothing but only through God’s mercy, we are His workmanship.
BREAKABLE: We have to be opened to God’s Spirit within us to finish the work He started in our lives, to finish into completion, there will be times that this process, would require the death of the self in us, as Paul says “ not me but Christ in me” Paul’s name before he was called into ministry was Saul of tarsus, he was a vessel God was watching and preparing, then Yeshua came and broke him and then gave him a new name, the Apostle Paul, who would then carry the gospel of Yeshua to the gentiles.
REPLACEABLE: God ministered to me that He could replace us at anytime, if we only neglect His work and call in our lives. “ Remember the story of the fig tree and Yeshua on the book of Luke?” but praise be to GOD who on His great mercy will never give up on us, His arms are always opened, it’s up to us to come and walk in His obedience. When we surrender all to Him, He will replace all the filthiness of our heart for the life of His Spirit by the work on the Cross of CHRIST on Calvary. No longer the Father sees a Sinner but a life purchased with blood, but no any blood but the blood of Yeshua, the one and only scarify of the precious Lamb of God, Jesus Christ! Hallelujah! Praise be to God. Now I will take you back in time again to the book of the prophet (Jeremiah 18) here we will see this process applied.
“ The word of the Lord which came to Jeremiah from the Lord saying: Arise and go to the potter’s house, and there I cause you to hear my words “ then I went down to the potter’s house and there he was making something at the wheel; and the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the Lord came to me saying: “ o house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter? Says the Lord; look as the clay is in the potter’s so is you in my hands O house of Israel” as you can see GOD is making a new man and a new woman in you and me. Yes we do struggler, we do battler with the flesh, bringing feelings of unworthiness of God’s mercy, and we think sometimes we should not be in this ministry; I’m not living a holy life for God, why is the Lord still having me in this ministry, after I have been so unworthy. Well I will tell you that it’s not how worthy or unworthy we might see ourselves, he sees a fruitful vessel by the Vail that is the blood of Christ shed on Calvary. I know your pain perfectly because I have been there and still I’m there. I have learned God the Father loves me; Christ loves me much that He took my place and your place on the cross. And He won’t give up on us until He finish it all (the clay into a useful pot). If you are asking yourself those questions, you are where God wants you right now. Just sit back and enjoy the ride to road called” complete in Christ “ He wants you to realize that it’s not you or me, neither how much, we can do and fight, the battle is His, He’s the Chief in Commander; He only can transform and shape the woman or man, He wants us to be.
All we need to do is say, “ Yeshua Lord, I can’t fight this struggle of mine, no one can help me, nobody is around to listen to me, God I need you now, please come, only you can over come this Sin of mine, doubtless, hopelessness, trials, tribulations, etc, etc. etc. one day I was going though a great depression as I’ve never experienced in my life, including having feelings of unworthiness in my heart, I called every single person on my phone book, that I could share my situation; to my surprise nobody picked up the phone. In despair I cried out to God, LORDDDDDDD GOD, ARE YOU AVALIABLE? Immediately I heard a sounding voice in my inner being that whispered to me, “ I’ am always available, I’m just waiting for you to come to me my child, Yeshua is always available for us, we are the ones that keep running. He must be our first call, go to Him, as the clay on the potter’s hand so he will shape you, you might marred in his hands but the final product will be excellency. Yes that’s us when we go astray of God’s plan; in the scriptures says that the potter continues doing His work with the clay, he will not stop doing what he was lovingly fashioning, because he knows that at the end, will make a perfect useful vessel, that is God’s love for us brethrens, don’t give up, because when that vessel is placed in the fire, dried and furnished, then is used to treasure jewels and valuables, God place the Spirit of Christ in you, he’s the jewel we have found. It’s also said that human waste was used to put in the vessels. Is because in our weakeness we are strong, he uses the little of you to bring glory to his name. I will share these bible references (2 Corinthian 4:8-12), (1peter 1:3-9), (Haggai 2:8-9), and (psalm 128), look on this God will bless you, and finally I will close with this scripture ISAIA 61:10-11, This is God final product in you after you are marred, tried, tested in the fired and furnished, God says “ I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God, for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels, for as the earth brings forth its bud, as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations (including you my brother and sister in Christ) He will do it in you as well, just wait and trust in HIM, may God bless you all

2004/3/6 1:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy