Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Frisbee

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
forrests

Re: Amen, AbideInHim

And there is also this:

"But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

"For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person.""

~1 Corinthians 5:11-13

[I did not know Krispy is no longer on SI, but it can be a matter for general discussion for the edification of believers - no?]

2016/8/21 10:57Profile
forrests

Re:

Quote:
by TMK on 2016/8/20 13:48:16

Is David in heaven? If so, why?

Whenever people use the lives and failures of the saints of the OT to justify failings and falls in this current New Covenant age - I am saddened and bothered because I feel people who seek to compare the lives of those in Christ in this current age to those in the Old Covenant are either ignorant of or ignoring the following:

"And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, **God having provided something better for us,** that they should not be made perfect apart from us."
~ Hebrews 11:39-40

It bothers me that there is so much clear scripture on certain topics and some still say "I don't judge in that area" or "I don't put God in a box" - as if they are being reverent and humble, when the reality is that God has put Himself in said box and has declared to us what the box is and for us to ignore all of these clear boundaries and "red lines" is not humble or faithful at all.

God has clearly said:

"Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?" says the Lord GOD, "and not that he should turn from his ways and live?

"But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

"Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies.

"Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

"Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair?

"Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways," says the Lord GOD. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!"
~ Ezekiel 18:23-32

2016/8/22 2:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy