Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some Websites

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Some Websites

Greetings!

One thing to keep in mind... the best way to detect a counterfeit is to know the original!

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

We can certainly trust that God's Word is telling us the truth. Wherever science may seem to "contradict" it, we can easily say that it is the "science" that is at fault. After all, men's theories have changed and will continue to change no matter how sure he may be of them.

Yet, God's Word has not changed a bit, and never shall... "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but My words shall not pass away."

We must keep this in mind as we navigate the treacherous waters of our flesh-crippled reasoning. "My ways are not your ways, and your thoughts are not My thoughts."

Praise the Lord for the wonderful mind He has endowed us with... and praise the Lord for the faith that tempers it!

Here are a few websites that I have found helpful in the Creation/Evolution/ID/Compromise debate.

www.answersingenesis.org
Excellent general resource. Some articles a bit repetitive, but lots of information nonetheless. AiG is one of the oldest and largest Young-Earth Creationist sites on the web.

www.creationontheweb.org
CMI is an Australian organization formerly affiliated with AiG, though now an independent. Has links to a huge variety of articles from Creation magazine.

www.icr.org
Another old and well-established apologetics ministry. Lots of information available.

www.globalflood.org
Very scholarly and in-depth... a bit over my head! Deals with lots of the technical details of the world-wide disaster known as 'Noah's flood'... the probable cause of the millions of ancient fossil relics that have been recovered.

www.worldwideflood.com
This one is a little more on the layman's level. Lots of pictures, diagrams and articles relating to the Noachian flood. Promotes some 'free-thinking' with regard to ark shape... still very interesting.

Yes, these are mostly all from literal-six-day-young-earth-creationist-Bible-thumpers... but I'm one too, so that doesn't bother me! ;-)

In all seriousness, though, we must be careful to read all 'information' objectively. Wikipedia.org is a good place to look for general secular information regarding evolution, but be forewarned that they will have a secular slant to them; just as the above websites do to the Christian worldview! (Personally, I'd rather be a little more to God's side than the World's side, don't you think? :-) )

Remember... God's Word is the absolute authority. What the Lord says goes, no matter how loud the World may shout otherwise.

Farewell in Jesus,

2007/2/10 17:05Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re: Some Websites

I apologize... this was to go in the Evolution forum!

(my oops!)

Please pardon my ignorance and short-sighted button clicking!

2007/2/10 17:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy