SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Andrew Strom Preaching in Kansas City Tonight

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Andrew Strom Preaching in Kansas City Tonight

Please pray for Andrew and I as we minister at New Life Pentecostal Church of God at 80th street & South Benton in Kansas City, MO tonight at 7:30 PM. We are believing God for a mighty revival to begin within the established church and to spread to the streets!

God Bless and Brotherly love in Christ.

-Robert

2004/3/5 14:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Andrew Strom Preaching in Kansas City Tonight

You have them and will have them tonight.

That would be 5:30 p.m. PST out here on the left coast.

[i]"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."[/i] Eph 6:18-20

2004/3/5 18:10Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

To all in Christ- THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

I spoke last night to about 120-150 leaders, adults, and youth and used a section of Chanin's "inspired of God journal entry" anonymously as it fit into my exhortation titled "Kryptonite." In hearing her heart cry to tell all her friends and e-mail recipients- I felt the liberty to share it and God mightily used it. God moved in a mighty way in that service. I spoke the exhortation before Andrew Strom preached on repentance and revival and God used him to bring repentance at a level never before heard of in my lifetime. No less than half and possibly 3/4 of the people in the crowd stood in repentance. Praise the Lord! Many who were not standing had already sorely repented in the previous move of God! God was moving in an awesome way! People were confessing their secret sin and repenting in strong crying and tears. Dear God let this fire spread to the four corners of the globe! Send us 7000 servants to preach in Kansas City, MO alone.

God Bless and Praise God for her Obedience!,

-Robert Wurtz

2004/3/6 19:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I spoke last night to about 120-150 leaders, adults, and youth and used a section of Chanin's "inspired of God journal entry" anonymously as it fit into my exhortation titled "Kryptonite."

Praise God, thats wonderful Robert! I am excited about this and am so glad that you found this site and are able to relate to use the happenings of these meetings. I do encourage people to pray for Andrew Strom as he preaches on revival and repentance! what a great emphasis, who preaches on [i]repentance[/i] these days. I encourage everyone reading this thread to also listen to this message preached by Andrew Strom awhile back: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3188]Thundering In Nashville [/url] - [i]Andrew Strom's best-known sermon. A heart-cry for repentance in the churches of America. Taped in Nashville, USA, in July 2003. (46 mins).[/i]

Andrew Strom has currently moved from New Zealand to the USA to pray and preach on revival. I am finding out more about this brother each day, and am feeling more and more burdened to pray for him and Kanasis city where he is working.

2004/3/6 20:10Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Brother,

The message he preached was awesomely inspired of God. I have never heard such preaching in person! I thank God also for finding this site- it is a God send to me and so are you and the faithful brothers and sisters on this site. If I can get the MP3 of it and his permission- you'll have the whole service after praise and worship!

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/3/6 23:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The message he preached was awesomely inspired of God. I have never heard such preaching in person! I thank God also for finding this site- it is a God send to me and so are you and the faithful brothers and sisters on this site. If I can get the MP3 of it and his permission- you'll have the whole service after praise and worship!

Praise God! I am very glad about the emphasis of repentance that Andrew Strom seems to be putting on these meetings. Surely the Church doesn't need a blessing or anointing but a revelation of how far we have strayed from God. The devil has so many people drunk with enthusiam over supposed workings of God while the nation is going to hell. This is life and death, Christianity isn't fun and games, its such a serious and somber business and I dread to see the judgement day of Christ when preachers will stand there to give an account of the souls entrusted to them.

Personally I am no expert on the Kanasis city prophets movement, etc. But there are some warning bells that go off from some of the things I have heard. I am praying and hoping that Andrew Strom has the right emphasis, he is definetly worthy of the prayers of the saints so he may faithfully proclaim God's word in its fullness to the people of Kanasas city. I am anticipating hearing more of how God is using him and if possible to hear those services. Thank you brother Robert for sharing your heart on this site.

2004/3/6 23:50Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Bro. Greg,

I have talked with Andrew extensively about this very thing. It was also one of my main concerns. He has no real connection with them that I am aware of; but rather, there were several hundred genuine men and women of God that existed in that early movement that he is holding meetings Sunday night to reach out to to try to get this REAL REVIVAL of REPENTANCE back on track. The flakes and crazies tore that KC prophets movement to shreds (as I understand it) until God's design for TRUE REVIVAL in KC was almost lost. The prophets from flakesville caused the REVIVAL ministers to leave the movement and that church until hundreds if not thousands of these people don't even go to Church anywhere. They are in a wilderness of sorts. He had only one real association when he arrived here and it was a couple who God sent to help him get his house and business in order. Then I showed up at his door. Me and my friends and a few other people are about it. I know of no tie to them that he would have and if he did I'm sure he would have a word they wouldn't be trying to hear!

I was in a prayer meeting with him Thursday when a man came in and said one too many things that were of the devil. Greg, I never saw such a meek and humble man rise up with such a boldness. After weaving a tapestry of truth and lies for about 45 minutes, Andrew told the man that he spoke some things of God and some of the devil. He then showed him the door in a stern rebuke and told them man to REPENT! (He didn't bid him God speed either). He don't go in for flakey nonsense at all and if you try it around him beware!

Personally, if I never saw a person fall backwards ("Slain in the Spirit") again it would be too soon! I have seen less of this happening since this revival hit than before it hit! I'm not saying it couldn't happen in certain cases; but the days of that being the object of revival are gone and personally I think people are tired of seeing it. What results has it brought in most people lives? I saw it happen and had it happen a few times to me about 12 years ago; but God honored a lot of things we did in our zeal and desire for Him that now that we have grown in Him- He isn't honoring too much anymore (in my opinion). And when Andrew takes the mic, the fear of God hits and people are afraid to make any dumb moves.

Imagine this, the service was going down that same old path of "whip up the fluff" (if you know what I mean) and I was all but begging God for mercy! I knew what was going to happen when he took the pulpit. He all but called that service a CIRCUS! And so soft spokenly and tactically. He would not allow music during the altar service and the people were confessing boldly their secret sins!

From my vantage point I taught theology in my Church for around 4 years. My concern is always sound doctrine. I would like to see my self become as a Pentecostal Hank Hanagraff meets John the Baptist (if that is possible; lol). Hank has done much over the years to keep my doctrine pure, but I have not forsaken the true need for the dunamis of God. Flakey people have poisoned the well in a lot of ways- myself I'm here to preach salvation Book of Acts style. Repent, be Baptized, and live FULL of the Holy Spirit that we might live victorious over sin. Bro. Greg, if I pray for a person and they start falling anymore I do everything I can to hold them up. If a person isn't changed and walking in the Spirit with the evidence of fruits, hunger and thirst for righteousness, etc. I am not at all impressed-- I am grieved. Hopefully everyone is.

God Bless and Much Brotherly Love in Christ,

-Robert

2004/3/8 8:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Robert,
Where to start?
You are batting 1000 here.

Re: "Slain in the Spirit", I have to take issue with though, I don't think we need less, but [i]more[/i]:

[i]Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?[/i]

From Gill's exposition:

"They were pricked in their hearts; the word of God entered into them, and was as a sharp sword in them, which cut and laid open their hearts, and the sin and wickedness of them; they saw themselves guilty of the crime laid to their charge, and were filled with remorse of conscience for it; they felt pain at their hearts, and much uneasiness, and were seized with horror and trembling; they were wounded in their spirits, being hewn and cut down by the prophets and apostles of the Lord, and slain by the words of his mouth; they were as dead men in their own apprehension; and indeed, a prick, a cut, or wound in the heart is mortal"

If we had more of this type of wounding we wouldn't need 'catchers', but [i]medic's![/i]

So much I can relate to here brother, Hank was like someone throwing me a life raft and pulling me out of all that nonsense some years back and I too 'fell' for a lot of things in my ignorance.

Quote:
I am grieved. Hopefully everyone is.

The range of emotions go anywhere from wanting to throw up, to heart breaking to turning over tables. Even in the days of ignorance, there was a deeper knowing that things weren't right, the initial reactions to opposing voices (the very few) was one of 'how dare they touch the Lord's annoint..' but, praise God I listened and pressed in to [i]find out if these things were so[/i]

This and the associated carnival atmosphere...
It still gets my dander up, I hate seeing people being misled and fear for those who are propagating this false doctrine, that they would turn the sword (Heb 4:12) on themselves before it's too late.

On another note
Quote:
And so soft spokenly and tactically

This reminds me of another man of God who is leading many into a deeper and truer walk with the Lord, Art Katz... there is something genuine, that rings true, not haughty or 'holier than' but out of a real concern, out of...love.
Here is a great example:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3324]Holiness or "Blessing"[/url]

Thanks for sharing with us Robert, may the Lord continue to help us all see clearly what His purpose's are for these days.

Mike

2004/3/8 10:18Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Brother,

I agree whole heartedly. Sounds like we have walked some similar paths. I'm wondering if "Slain in the Spirit" will not soon be "Slain BY the Spirit?" Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit because satan had filled their hearts and they yielded. I'll bet if we needed a medic or a coroner the fear of the Lord would return once again to the Body of Christ. We do so many things in ignorance because the fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom. What wisdom do we have if we don't have the fear of God?

As far as touching the Lord's anointed... I've had all that mess I can take. So many false teachers have hidden behind that passage that it is almost a mockery. JESUS CHRIST is the anointed one.. and we are all ambassadors of Christ who have the Spirit of God. Paul said "whosoever they were is makes no difference to me- God respects no mans person." Why have these false teachers exalted themselves as "Prophets" not to be touched? Prophesy the WORD OF THE LORD and then they will have the position to stand in that "touch not" position. However, it is Christ who THEY have touched with their mammon, devouring of widows houses, etc. and false teachings. Enough said.

God Bless and Much Brotherly Love,

-Robert

2004/3/8 10:37Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Why have these false teachers exalted themselves as "Prophets" not to be touched? Prophesy the WORD OF THE LORD and then they will have the position to stand in that "touch not" position.

The irony is that if these were true 'prophets' the misuse of those words would never reach their lips let alone their minds.

Quote:
We do so many things in ignorance because the fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom. What wisdom do we have if we don't have the fear of God?

It is to the point of astonishment, this lack.
I fear that often I to can be quick to jump to conclusions sometimes in these discussions throughout this forum. Still learning, may the Lord forgive me in my zeal that I forget the exhortation of 1 Cor.10:12. Certainly here it is an outworking of the inner working of the Holy Spirit in discussions and in iron sharpening iron.
Still a fisherman learning how to fish.

But how anyone could stand up and proclaim the Word of God as a preacher, teacher, prophet without that Godly reverential fear back of it...it's beyond me.
And I might add, without [i]much[/i] prayer, not only personally but with the Body supporting them, that we all pray for these men that have this honor but also this incredible responsibility.

Let us keep all these men before the Lord, Andrew Strom, Robert, Ron Bailey, Art Katz, Jim Cymbala and David Wilkerson, all these men that we have been taught and encouraged by here on this site of which I only mentioned a few. Our local pastors, teachers, whoever is teaching the pure Word in honesty and in truth, certainly the attacks against them are many and their accountability greater. Let us remember them in our petitions and uphold their arms as they do the work of the Lord.

Let us not forget Greg, the keeper of this 'tabernacle' of which we all get the benefit from.

2004/3/8 11:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy