SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question(s) for all

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Question(s) for all

There are a couple responses that I do believe to be uncalled for. Harsh tones aren't needed around here unless called for, and this isn't one of those situations where harshness seems fitting. It's that sort of thing that makes me not want to be on this website at all.

Harshness isn't among the fruits of the spirit... but gentleness is...

2007/2/8 18:36
roadsign

Re: to Smokey

Quote:
What's your problem with someone that says it the way it is????

Smokey, I get the impression from your words that you don’t know Jordan, or what God is doing in his life. Jordan has once been removed form SI for saying inappropriate words, and after honest repentance he has come back. He is growing. Now, you may not know it, but his post here is an indication of definite growth and maturing. I applaud him, or rather God, for that! Now, we ask, why did Jordan come back? Just think of what sites typical 17 year olds are drawn by. No, he came back here! Do you really want to shoo him away and leave him to the elements, because you judge him to have a “wrong” motive for being on SI. Please don't lead him into temptation by your harsh words.

I believe he is here because he wants to grow in the Lord, and he needs good role models. Even if he isn’t perfectly refined in your eyes, can you accept that?

Smokey, if you are not turfed for your abrasive and hurtful words, consider it an act of grace. And perhaps in gratitude, why not be a good role model and friend for Jordan. If there’s anything he needs, it is the example and care of mature Christians who are gentle, gracious, merciful, and patient. Why! Here is a wonderful opportunity to apply the words you posted earlier:

Quote:
Rom 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another;

Can you show him how it’s done?

Diane

2007/2/8 19:11Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Actually... thru many of the discussions I think everyday things do come up quite a bit. We may not swap pie recipes, but everyone here knows I'm a homeschool dad of 4 boys, and everyone knows quite a bit about my background, etc. It does come out.

There are other forums that would cater to what you're talking about, and it's perfectly ok for you to participate in both.

My only complaint about this forum is that folks need to get a sense of humor now and then and not take everything so seriously. There is definately a time to be sober... but there is a time to smile too.

Krispy

[b] Krispy said: [/b] "My only complaint about this forum is that folks need to get a sense of humor now and then and not take everything so seriously. There is definately a time to be sober... but there is a time to smile too."

[b]You're right! Even in the short time since I joined, we've had at least one discussion on whether its OK to have a sense of humour, and that threatened to get a bit intense and humourless (I think I contributed to that!:-D) But almost everyone who joins this forum wants to talk mostly about the NO 1 PERSON in our lives, and about things that concern Christians rather than other special interest groups.

Of course we like doing and talking about other things too, but why should we specially want to on this particular Forum?

The prophet Hosea talked about baking cakes But that was talking about God's people being "half baked"

Jeannette[/b]

2007/2/9 17:37
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i love SI for its "standard", :) i understand what you saying to brother...my recommendation is , get to know people there the treads and then through pm:s , and in private swap recipes talk about this or that, and in private talk about the other things.... i for one praise God for a real good pie ;) , but on SI i want the "spiritual food", i haven't found to many sites that are so focused on the seriousness of living as a Christian,

2007/2/9 17:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy