SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : something big

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

something big

This a letter From my friend Laura, what God has shown her, and our vision for something big. Her heart is one with mine. we are learning the power in prayer. I had went to Ca just 3 weeks ago, and was praying when God gave me a carzy vision.( I think it's carzy) Anyways I came back and shared it with my friend. and now we are praying about it.

Half Hearted Christianity and The Vision
I think God is calling me to something big. Can I handle this? Do I have the faith? I need your prayers, that is for sure. From many of you I may beg for your prayers as God leads me on an intense journey of adventure.
A few years ago my intense adventure would have been finding that perfect guy... I'd have to say that idea has become so small in comparison to my new desire for Christ. I almost don't care. I have been freed from sensuality!! Praise God! It's amazing what God can free us from. I've never had such a clear conscience and clear mind.
I'd have to say that my ideas of Christianity have certainly developed. Before I was saved I thought God was after me to turn me into a miserable missionary. As I embraced Christianity I thought my destiny was to be a missionary and I began to embrace that idea... then God showed me that it wasn't necessarily about becoming a missionary but being pure, being holy, hating sin, living for nothing but Jesus, loving what God loves and hating what God hates.
I've always been afraid of God. I think that is what is lacking in America. Americans think that God is so loving. That's true, God's love is immeasurable, it reaches to places we cannot comprehend. But you see, I believe God's wrath is the same... that it is immeasurable.... and it reaches to places we cannot comprehend. Just because we cannot understand it doesn't mean it's not true. There is nothing worse that to fall into the hands of an angry God. There must be a hell and no one can be good enough to escape it.
Do we see how sinful and wretched we really are? Do we? Or are we filled with pride? We are not too mature to be broken and humiliated by the holiness of God. Oh, what a beast I am, a horrid and ugly beast. Fleshly beauty is so empty... it whithers it fades, every beautiful person is eventually going to be extremely ugly.
Everything is permissable but not everything is beneficial. We watch tv, we laugh at the things God hates, we relish our sin. Even if it isn't sinful we could watch movies or sports all day... BUT HOW IS IT BENEFICIAL??? What good is it doing in our walk with Christ? How is it building up the body? We spend 3 hours watching a movie and 20 minutes in prayer and we are satisfied with that??? Is this not crazy? And we call ourselves radical because we read some bible and pray some prayers and wear some tee shirts? What's it going to take to start changing us? What is it going to take to TRULY DIE to ourselves? What is it going to take to GIVE UP EVERYTHING and walk with Christ? I don't know, God, but I'm going to need you to show me cause I WANT this. I WANT YOU JESUS, and I just ain't satisfied with these filthy rags I call my good deeds. I want to see your POWER working through me and your words flowing from my mouth, your love engulfing everyone that even walks by me. GOD we need you, we need you so much.
God's teaching me. God is breaking through my cold stony heart. And Lord I praise you for that.
SO, what is this adventure I speak of? What's this big thing?
God has given a friend of mine a vision, a vision about PRAYER that could stir this entire nation to pray. I need your prayer that I may know for sure that this is what God is calling me and my friend (me)to. It's big, it's HUGE, and only God can do it. So I ask for your prayers that we may know God's will. Once we know for sure, we will venture into uncharted territory, and at that point we will each seek out 300 people that can diligently pray us, and I may ask some of you to be a part of those 300. This is very exciting. March 7th is the end of the 40 days of prayer in seeking God's will for this, by then I will update you all on what will happen next!!!

2007/2/7 17:07Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: something big

My dear sister,
God is doing some similar things in my heart. How utterly wretched we are without Him. I will be praying for you. Prayer is so much on my heart these days. Revival cannot/will not come until we, His children fall on our face in repentance and PRAY!

God bless you.

In His Love,

Doug

edit: blees to bless

2007/2/9 14:27Profile

Re: something big

I remember reading about Margaret MacDonalds Vision (A vision she had almost 200 years ago).

Quote:
It was first the awful state of the land that was pressed upon me. I saw the blindness and infatuation of the people to be very great. I felt the cry of Liberty just to be the hiss of the serpent, to drown them in perdition. It was just 'no God.' I repeated the words

It's this line here that caught my eye, "I felt the cry of Liberty just to be the hiss of the serpent".

We have Liberty in the West and it's killing us. We as Christians were born again for adversity, tribulation and persecution which Paul says is our glory.

Missionaries have returned from the mission field only to return again because they found themselves waining into lethergy.

Were not thankful, how can we be, we have everything. A candle lit in the daytime is not appreciated until the night comes.

We pray at our convience, when the need strikes our soul, than we will pray. Let us pray for God to create a need so that we will pray, otherwise it will be only a show of the flesh that we have seen time and time again over the past 30 years.

I do hope that God is speaking to you and that He will give you all the desires of your heart in regards to this vision.

2007/2/9 16:16
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

We pray at our convience, when the need strikes our soul, than we will pray. Let us pray for God to create a need so that we will pray, otherwise it will be only a show of the flesh that we have seen time and time again over the past 30 years.

This is my heart, I have never felt so passiont about this. I would rather die then not speak. I am not that bold with speaking to leaders, or even just when talking with people. But it the last 3 months. God has moved so strongly in my heart. I must speak. I have seen the show, and I feel some that I work with are coming to put on a show. A show, what I thought! No! they do there duty and are so prideful in their ways. We need people with hearts that will weep, thank you for your words. I have wonder how can God use me? But He is God, the same God who is on my side. It's not me who prays but My God who will answer them. Thank God. Please pray I will know So strongly that this is God's will. then when the emeny comes I will run at Him like daivd, beacuse I will know God will help me win.
thanks

2007/2/10 2:32Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

He is making it real

somthing Big? Do I really know what that is?
YUm? God has put a huge passion on my heart, can I hold it back? I can't be still, no I must speak. I must, I will die. So to night me and Lmy friend went to a planning meeting. I knew something was going to happen. I told her we must pray. Ok she said, So we prayed on the way then, we got there I said lets read a verse and pray again. My heart just knew something was going to happen when I went through the door, but what I didn't know. So we walked up to the door, and there a a guy whom we both thought we were going to meet, had just gotten out of shower, with no shirt. He close the door then put a shirt on. So we walked in, and there on the TV was a moive, It stirred my friends heart and she said can you please turn that off, or lets go in a differnt room. The guy we were meeting( we thought we meeting with both?) anyways we went into his room, and there we all sat down to pray. I said yes It would good, So I started I don't even know what I prayed, but I was so moved in my spirit, I thought for sure I was going to cry. But I didn't my heart was heavy., very heavy. I prayed oh God help us, come down on us, we need you, I kept saying God we need you, we need you. Humble me, ( this was suppose to just be an opening prayer Yum, it was like 10 min's, then My friend started praying, and then wow, let her tell what happen... Holy Spirit Come
Current mood: crazy
Okay, so today I had a totally supernatural experience, which was all God and not me. I'm not uplifting myself, but rather expressing just how good my God is and well, I need to brag about Him! If I have any pride I want it to be in my God.
So what happened was I was meeting with these Christian guys who are leaders among other Christians. We met to discuss some things that the ministries we are involved in are coming together to do. Well I went with a friend of mine to their house. When we walked in what we saw on the tv screen was not something we thought was right. It was a bloody, gory, dark and wicked movie. We were literally in shock that these Christians had no shame and were comfortable watching this. We had to turn our heads from watching. I asked them to turn it off. Instead, we met in another room. Well, to start our meeting we were first going to pray. The whole time my friend was praying I could not think, my body was shaking, I had to comtrol myself from shaking too noticeably. I was so shocked, I was so disturbed and grieved by what I had seen. When it came my turn to pray, I could not keep silent. I began to pray and suddenly it was no longer me praying, it was God speaking through me. It was as if my body was not my own, I began to weep and wail and yell and scream over the sin. "We are to be a holy people! This is the sin that sends people to hell!" I've never felt such a power in me, it was totally unlike me, and I knew what came from my mouth was not from me but from God. After I prayed, and couldn't believe what had just happened, my good friend prayed again for God to calm my heart. Oh what a friend she is, she supported me all the way, and was not ashamed of me. After we all prayed the meeting went so smooth, my friend had such peace, talked so clearly and easily, and it couldn't have worked out better!
When I prayed I had no fear of what people would think... I could not keep silent. I will no longer keep silent. I praise God that he allowed me to experience a taste of his power, a taste of his hatred of sin, and the holiness he requires of his people. OH! For so long have I prayed that God would pour down his Holy Spirit on me and help me speak truth. The devil has been attacking me telling me it wasn't really God, but I know it was. The devil has been attacking me saying that he will kill me, but I'm in the hands of God and must not fear. It was so crazy! It was just so crazy! The supernatural was just brought to life! I'm so excited! I just want to experience God, His power, His love, His passion, His holiness.
Oh, God has put so much on my heart, and has revealed my own sin to me. Some of my favorite anime shows from back in the day are not beneficial, are not worthy of the life that God is calling me to. Soon enough we will have another bonfire to burn the worldliness that so enslaves us as Christians, and cutters our lives with sin. Jesus wants nothing to do with us when we fill our lives with sin. We MUST be a holy people to be used by God.
To Him be the glory, honor, and praise. No other name but the name of Jesus do I praise. I just want to be a holy vessel that God can use, empty of me, empty of sin, filled with the Holy spirit, power, and holiness. Oh Spirit Come! after she was done I started praying again, Lord bring peace in her heart, I wasn'T shamed to be there with her, It just made me want to cry. But I prayed another long prayer. the Spirit had met me and my friend, moving heavy showing our vision and passion be more real. after I was done, then with lifted our heads, I couldn't believe what happend. I was so claim and talked about the planing stuff out, Then we left. what happened I thought? Wow, he gave us a tast of his heart.
these next 20 days, that is starting Monday it will be 20 days of prayer for our campus. then spring brake then 20 more days. I think there was something bigger God was showing us, Somthing way bigger. God does want His childern to love what He hates and then go ask for blessing. We are fooling ourselves. I want God to be honored. I don't care about putting no show, we are there to meet with God. we must be humble ourselves we must , now today.
In Christ

2007/2/10 14:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy