Discussion Forum : General Topics : Cell Phone vs. Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Cell Phone vs. Bible

[b]"CELL PHONE vs. BIBLE"[/b]
(author unknown)
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible? Makes you stop and think "where are my priorities?"

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill. And no dropped calls!

2007/2/6 21:48Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: Cell Phone vs. Bible

Hmmmm,

I believe there's a scripture in Hezakiah about this... ;-)

Does make you stop and think.

Thanks brother.

In His Love

Doug

2007/2/6 22:05Profile
jordanamo

Except.. I hate cell phones, even though I have one. Their simply.. annoying, for lack of a better word... I mainly have my beef with cell phone companies though.

But yeah, I get what you mean. :-P

Jordan

2007/2/6 23:52Profile

Re:

I am in Korea and EVERYDAY for 21 months, I have seen something that always makes me go...hmmmmm

I am from Canada and I have seen reliance, but this is really crazy.

It sometimes makes me laugh when I see 80+ year old women with top-of-the-line cell phones that are much better than mine.

However, it is sad whenever there are moments of uncomfortable silence (ie...when walking towards someone, standing beside someone, or seeing people walking alone) and they look to their phone for comfort. I have even seen people pretending to talk, just because their friend was on another phone beside them.

Cell phones...I have a problem with them...

God Bless telegraph, opps too late... :-(
BrianMira

2007/2/7 0:33
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

I don't own a cell phone and it seems as if those who do often give preference to the phone over who they are actually with.

I wish Christians would carry their Bibles and and use them and treat them with the respect that many cell phone owners carry, use and respect their phones.

My goal is to hear from God. There's a better chance I will hear from Him through my Bible than the phone. (This is not meant badly toward those who own cell phones - I know they have their place)

In His service.
Preacheraflame

2007/2/7 1:31Profile
HisPrincess

Goulburn, NSW, Australia

Amen!

And unlike mobile phones or "cell" phones as you Americans call them [shakes head :P], you are never out of reception. God is ALWAYS there, regardless of satellite positioning!

Mobile phones can be a real false source of security for people. They try to cover their feelings of rejection & lack of self-worth by industriously calling & messaging & getting as many new numbers as possible. I know people who never delete their messages, in order to comfort themselves with the fact that people have shown interest in them.

Unfortunately, this is no solution! It is only through God's Word that His love for them and their secure identities in him can be revealed.

Love in Christ,
Ruth :-P

2007/2/7 5:08Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
And unlike mobile phones or "cell" phones as you Americans call them [shakes head :P], you are never out of reception. God is ALWAYS there, regardless of satellite positioning!

Amen! What cell phone service can provide coverage like this?

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

;-)

MC

2007/2/7 5:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy