SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Philologos

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
KJV holds the revelational truth of Gal.2.20 by its use of the prep "of" that scholars strip away with their abstractions.

The word 'of' is not a preposition. It comes from a necessary English way of translating the genitive case in Greek.

2007/2/7 2:26Profile

Re:

"Whatever
, as the Beaver says on the commerial. ;-)

Thanks for the headsup. I hate making 101 errors.

2007/2/7 8:00

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:
So, is it acceptable to translate the verse as both faith in Christ and faith of Christ?

Yes, I think it is but the 'faith' of Christ is not Christ's own faith imparted but the kind of 'faith' which Chirst had is repeated in me.

Remember the other phrase of Paul's "the faith of Abraham' and interpret each phrase in a similar way. Was Christ's own personal faith imparted to me? I don't think so.

Abraham's faith? All they have to do is believe God and it will seen and rewarded by God as Abraham's faith was. God gaves us all the ability to believe.

Quote:
Faith and repentance are only possible because God enables but each requires our personal engagement.

MY REPLY WON'T POST IN ITS ENTIRETY

2007/2/7 8:08
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Ron's: Yes, I think it is but the 'faith' of Christ is not Christ's own faith imparted but the kind of 'faith' which Chirst had is repeated in me.

Ron, For those who may not know your definition of faith. Would you share that again? Just trying to scale the language barrier.

2007/2/7 11:25Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Ron, For those who may not know your definition of faith. Would you share that again? Just trying to scale the language barrier.

gladly...
"faith is right response to revelation"; [color=0000ff]“...faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Rom 10:17 NKJV)[/color]

and, being as you asked so nicely ;-) here's a free definition of 'sin'
"sin is wrong response to revelation"; [color=0000ff]“...to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.” (James 4:17 NKJV)[/color]

These definitions are not copyrighted. If you agree with them use them freely. :-D

2007/2/7 11:54Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Philologos,

I just realized that I misspelled you name. Sorry about that. I have corrected it.

2007/2/7 12:11Profile

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Quote:

gladly...
"faith is right response to revelation"; [color=0000ff]“...faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Rom 10:17 NKJV)[/color]

and, being as you asked so nicely ;-) here's a free definition of 'sin'
"sin is wrong response to revelation"; [color=0000ff]“...to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.” (James 4:17 NKJV)[/color]

Conversely, to him who knows not, sin is not imputed. There's a heap bunch of folk in the world like that, to be sure.

Btw, sin is still a relationship.

2007/2/7 15:02
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Conversely, to him who knows not, sin is not imputed. There's a heap bunch of folk in the world like that, to be sure.

Yes and they are called babies.

2007/2/7 15:12Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

As Adam was completely innocent, he that knows no wrong cannot sin, until he gains the knowledge of Good and Evil, don't eat, then we die.

Then; Jam 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/2/7 21:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
gladly... "faith is right response to revelation"; “...faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Rom 10:17 NKJV) and, being as you asked so nicely here's a free definition of 'sin' "sin is wrong response to revelation"; “...to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.” (James 4:17 NKJV)

Hi Mr. Ron...
i have something that bothers me about your definition. i apologize to refer to you like i know you brother, but quietly, i have been trying to soak up everything that you have imparted here for about a year now. In your eyes is faith, i.e saving faith, a work or not? (to make it simpler, if faith is believing, is believing a work that humans do or not) just like for example, not stealing is a work, or holding oneself from coveting, or other sinful things...or even prayer is a work (please don't go hard on me, for this has been little by little explained to me, and i still haven't really fleshed all the implications out).... i believe it is, but the issue i have is, i would like to know how you reconcile "faith" if it is a work with your definition?
i am in all seriousness anxiously waiting for your response, or any other response which delves into this question of works. i also have other specific questions that seem to conflict somewhat with the idea of faith, saving faith, being of a work that humans initiate and do. again, please be kind to me i am really just beginning to learn and a lot of us would benefit from the discussion. (part of the problem with our generation is our theology that we can somehow pull the strings of God by just saying a sinner's prayer) i also hope somehow this discussion goes to discussion of "what's saving faith?" if God wills it.
thanks

samuel

2007/4/13 12:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy