SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tongues were NOT for women

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JGB321

Tongues were NOT for women

I know this is a controversial subject (hence why I wrote on it), but my study into the NT, interestingly showed me that women did NOT receive this apostolic gift:

http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/articles.php?PageURL=tongues.htm

2007/2/5 5:47Profile
Spitfire

Re: Tongues were NOT for women

I didn't go read your article, but I don't need to. If tongues aren't for women, then I am very deceived, because I pray in tongues every day and I have for about 25 years. I can't see stopping it now. It's what comes out when I feel desperate for God. Maybe that's because I'm a woman. I don't know. :-P

2007/2/5 6:22Profile
JGB321

Re:

How do you know this is from God?

2007/2/5 6:26Profile

JGB321,

Hopefully, more knowledgeable and wise Christians will build on my point when I say that your article is lacking a certain feeling that I could not find in word nor my heart: love.

What I would also like to challenge is whether or not you or your wife are actually living in the Spirit. This is not to insult you or make accusations, but you are the one who wrote the article.

The reason I express concern and reserve about you is because I have been in different countries, cultures, and classes where I have heard, seen, and am witness to healings and speaking of tongues by not only men, but WOMEN.

(I also do not see the importance to BOLD AND CAPITALIZE your same point in your article over and over again, as if we the readers could not remember your point.)

Obviously, I am not a women and I am sure some women on here will have something to reply on the subject. It seems to me that you were raised in a Catholic church and have learned some scriptures, but like my pastor mentioned today about a man who visited him last week.

The man was wronged by some 'christians' (I do not know the details), but the man, in a vow of revenge, read the Bible over 500 times. After the 200th time, he realized the truth in the Word, but did not let go of his anger towards those particular 'christians', so he continued to refuse Jesus. Now he knows the entire Bible, but he is still not a christian. He is starting to understand what it takes to be a 'True Christian', but because of the years of rage, it will take time and he has to be patient.

My point is that no matter how much we think we know or understand, sometimes we know nothing at all or have 'learned' so much that we have actually started going in the wrong direction.

You put a lot of work into your article and seem to be very proud, but next time before you declare it to the world, take a poll, or at least pray about it to God, in love for the truth.

God Bless those that receive the Spirit,
BrianMira

2007/2/5 6:47

Re:

Spitfire... you replied to his article before I could send mine...Thank God, I knew at least one WOMEN would have refuted this...you should read the article...

God Bless the Truth...
Brian :-(

2007/2/5 6:50

Re:

JGB321,

How do you know you are saved?

2007/2/5 6:51
JGB321

Re:

Good Morning BrianMira and thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are not one of those people that sits on the fence.

If you would like to discuss some of my points (I cross-reference many verses), than please do. Otherwise it won't be edifying to spend time deciding whether or not I am a Christian.

2007/2/5 6:52Profile

Re:

Brother JB321,

Well, actually I am probably up to 10+ hours ahead of you, because I am in Korea, so it would be 'Good Evening', however I feel a sense of sarcasim to your reply.

My words were not meant to be kind, nor rude, but of concern and reserve for the article you wrote. And if you were to read my 'kind' words you would understand that I said nothing about whether or not you are a Chistian. I said that I would challenge to see if you and your wife were filled with the 'Holy' Spirit.

I mentioned the man my pastor talked about, not to point at you as a non-christian, rather to show that people who can read and remember verses are not always knowledgeable or wise about their meaning.

I know you mean well, but I just feel your overall point about tongues and women are not entirely true.

God Bless You and Your Wife,
Brian

2007/2/5 7:07
JGB321

Re:

Good Evening BrianMira,

As I said if you would like to highlight from Scripture or my article where I am wrong, please do.

Love in Christ

2007/2/5 7:11Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Whilst I have only briefly read the article, I do think, even with the use of scripture, you are in error.

Anyone can use scripture to suit their own biases.

Jehovah witnesses do it, as do Mormons.

So, I'll read it thoroughly, and get back to you.

God bless.

2007/2/5 7:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy