Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : new

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

new

I live in AZ. My friend told me about this site.
I am part of a prayer team /co-leading. In two weeks we are starting 24/7 prayer on U of A. I am not working due my poor health. My health is teaching me daily to trust in God for help. I have many days I want to give up, God dosn't give on me. He has a plan for me. I know we can do anything if we take one step at a time, walking in faith. My passion is that Christ get's all the glory. And our Church's would again be called a House of Prayer. We can do nothing apart from God. One person ask what was the greatest thing that happened to me this last year, the frist thing that came to my mind would be my father going to heaven, nothing can compare with that.
God keeps showing me how He answers our prayers. I try to rejoice when trails come, for they will only help me grow. Suffering is be seen has a great joy. I know God can use even the weak in migty ways. I live with my brother, who two days ago prayed for God's help in his life. God gives us such rich and blessed lives when we live them for Him and not ourselves. I am hopeing God willing, to go bible school, then after I want to be a missionary. But I alway say God can change everything within a day. I am open to whatever God wants me to do. But I know most all His way's are best. I must pray for, in , and after all things. Pray is my delight and my passion.
In Christ

2007/2/2 13:17Profile
SDE

Arizona

Re: new

Hello. I also live in Arizona. Mesa.

Everything you said is so true of God. Praise God! We do serve a good God.

2007/2/2 13:24Profile

Welcome Awakewithin! Ah, a burden to prayer; thank you for refreshing my heart with your passion. Might I recommend one of the many great resources on this website? [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=310]Gerhard DuToit[/url] is a preacher who has greatly blessed me in the area of learning to pray. His sermons are really tremendous when it comes to the area of praying through.
Lord bless you.

2007/2/2 13:31

Re: New

Quote:

SDE wrote:
Hello. I also live in Arizona. Mesa.

Everything you said is so true of God. Praise God! We do serve a good God.

[b][color=000066]Welcome indeed, I'm fairly new myself - joined the end of January - and live in the UK. :-)

I'm glad to learn "AZ" = Arizona :-? Us non-Americans don't usually know the abbreviations for the US states.

I have heard of the Arizona desert - but tend to get it mixed up with the Grand Canyon (Colerado?) which is probably somewhere else entirely. I gave up school Geography as soon as possible because of problems learning maps and remembering names of places. We hadn't got around to the USA, except an interesting bit on the Prairies. Don't remember much now but it didn't have many names of places, except for the Great Lakes, and was a lot about agriculture and climate and buffalo, so more interesting!

Isn't Arizona where Death Valley is? The hottest place on earth?

Is much of your State that dry, or do you have a lot of greener areas as well?

Yours in Christ

Jeannette[/color][/b]

2007/2/2 16:13
SDE

Arizona

Re:

Hi Jeannette,

Thank you for the welcome. :-)

I haven't lived in Arizona for very long so I'm still learning about it. The Grand Canyon is in Arizona, although I have not yet visited it. One day soon, I hope! Death Valley is in my home state of California. Arizona does have green areas. Flagstaff, which is in northern Arizona, is forest, not desert.

I have been to London once. I love international travel, but haven't had a chance to do much lately.

God bless you!

Sandra

2007/2/2 16:57Profile

Re:

Jeannette

Quote:

SDE wrote:
Hi Jeannette,

Thank you for the welcome. :-)

I haven't lived in Arizona for very long so I'm still learning about it. The Grand Canyon is in Arizona, although I have not yet visited it. One day soon, I hope! Death Valley is in my home state of California. Arizona does have green areas. Flagstaff, which is in northern Arizona, is forest, not desert.

I have been to London once. I love international travel, but haven't had a chance to do much lately.

God bless you!

Sandra

[b][color=660000]Thanks for the Geography lesson, Sandra, though can't guarantee being able to remember all that. I was convinced that the Colerado River flowed through the Grand Canyon! :-?

I live in South Wales, about 200 miles from London (which in the UK is quite a long distance :-)

Wales is famous as the Land of Song. You may possibly have heard of the Treorchy Male Voice Choir? Or the Llangollen International Music Festival (Eisteddfod in Welsh). Don't attempt to pronounce "Llangollen" if you aren't Welsh! Clue, the "Ll" sound is something like the spit of an annoyed cat - vocalised!

Wales was also famous as the land of revivals, but there's little sign of revival these days - unless you count all the wild and wooly Charismatic things going on in some circles.

And of course Hollywood has had some Welsh immigrants too (Richard Burton, Catherine Zeta-Jones etc) - we have a way with words and expressing emotions perhaps. The problem is that much of the emotional fervour, is merely fleshly (they sing "Bread of Heaven" at rugby matches - with more passion than you hear in the average church choir.)

Blessings

Jeannette [/color][/b]

2007/2/2 17:41
SDE

Arizona

Re:

Ha! Not to confuse you further, but the Colorado River does indeed flow through the Grand Canyon! So you were right.

Ah, I would really love to visit your area.

No signs of revival anywhere in the west I'm afraid. Perhaps we are destined for something better?

Be blessed!

Sandra

2007/2/2 18:25Profile
John173

Omaha

Hi Awaken and welcome,
I couldn't help noticing your comments on suffering. My brother in law was in a serious accident when he was twenty. It crushed two vertebrae in his lower back. He has lived with extreme pain ever since. I do not know of a sweeter, gentler soul anywhere. His full testimony is incredible. Praise the Lord always and you will know the meaning of grace better than most of the rest of us who have our health.

A seperate note to sister Jeanette. I lived in London for twenty months when I was eight and nine. We did a lot of traveling while there including a visit to Wales. I have such fond memories of that time.

God bless the both of you,

Doug

edits for typos

2007/2/2 18:49Profile
Peacecraft

USA

Welcome! I wonder who that friend of yours is that told you about this site... ;-)

2007/2/2 20:50Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

yum I don't know? yum maybe a very cool gril I love so so much, one my dearest sisters in Christ. A girl who loves God, and whom I love, Did say I love her. She stirs me. She stirs my passion within. She is my partner in sharing Christ. My partner in awaken the dead Church to pray. She is true. She loves God. And wants God. I praise God for her, I praise God he has uesed her in my life.
in Christ

2007/2/2 20:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy